How can i get rid of BAROLD!??!!?!?!? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

OoMayorSummeroO

beautiful disaster
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hello everyone!

As stated in my rant about Barold and his not just moving into my village, but setting his freaking house RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY NORTH BEACH ENTRANCE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT like Barold. Truth be told...I loathe him. EVERYTHING about him..from his voice, to his appearance, to his home interior...ugh *shudders*
So, I figured id have Barold be given his walking papers from Whisp...but that means moving in someone else right?? I also was gonna put a PWP in the place of his home so NO ONE ELSE could move into that plot....BUT, if I use Whisp to move Barold don't I have to select like someone elsee to move in? Whisp doesn't just like kick people out at my command lol...tho I wish he could!! What if I complain about him to Isebelle like repeatedly?? does SHE do anything??

So...I guess if I have to have someone replace him WHO should I have move in?? Between these 4 who do ya'll suggest and why??

*Claudia the tiger
*Wade the Penguin
*Julia the ostrich
*June the cub

I suggest June because she's super adorable and all the cubs are great villagers

Unfortunately Wisp can't kick someone out in unless you have somebody else to replace them with using an amiibo. Although I suggest possibly moving Julia in, it depends whether a balance in your town of the different personalities is important to you. With the question of complaining about him to Isabelle, that won't work unfortunately no matter how many times you complain. Why I think you should move Julia in is because I never actually see that many towns with her as a resident, and I think it'd be nice to see her in somebody's town for once. I'm even thinking of getting her for myself to be honest.

I assume you didn't move him in via amiibo card, right? Cause if so, just time travel (or be really patient) and wait for him to ping to move out naturally. If you want him out NOW (which it seems you do) you can use an amiibo card to kick him out. However, you'll have to plot reset because when you kick out a villager via amiibo card, they will plot in the exact same spot.

However, you'll have to plot reset because when you kick out a villager via amiibo card, they will plot in the exact same spot.
they don't always plot in the same spot but i would plot reset anyway to make sure nothing goes wrong again.

i would move in June if you can, she's a super sweet villager and her design is better than the other 3 in my opinion

they don't always plot in the same spot but i would plot reset anyway to make sure nothing goes wrong again.

i would move in June if you can, she's a super sweet villager and her design is better than the other 3 in my opinion

Wait, they don't always plot in the same spot? That's awesome then! I thought they did always.

Why you don't look for a Cycling Method to make the process faster?

You just have to be willing to TT however time you need to get rid of that Villager you don't want.

What if I complain about him to Isebelle like repeatedly?? does SHE do anything??

Complaining to Isabelle doesn't help move villagers. All she does is let you force a villager to change his/her catchphrase or clothing in case it's inappropriate or graphic.

Buy gasoline, matches, and light him on fire.

omg if only this were an option!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why you don't look for a Cycling Method to make the process faster?

You just have to be willing to TT however time you need to get rid of that Villager you don't want.

at the risk of sounding dumb..what exactly is cycling? I hear this said a lot in this forum...as in "my town is just for cycling" and what is Plot resetting??? I didn't know this was an option. I know a lil about time travel but never really messed with it (unless setting the clock forward for Day Light Saving Time...and such)....but never did it where it would really effect my town.

Please explain!

You'll have to make do with the golden axe.

Is there some secret with the golden Axe that I am unaware of?? can I behead barold??? Chop his nasty house to smithereens??? Even tho I notice his ENTIRE OUTTER PART OF HIS HOUSE IS MADE OF STEEL!?!?!?!?!? That's just so...BAROLD

- - - Post Merge - - -

UPDATE***********************************

Something amazing occurred like 2 seconds ago!!!! I was looking for that Turd Burglar, Barold (apparently Pete delivered Barolds moldy shirt to Queenie and she wanted it GONE, quick fast and in a hurry...which LUCKY ME, she asked of ME to fix and deliver back to that fartbox barold) to give him his package...and HE PINGS!!!! He waddles up to me and announces he is moving on the 21st!!! Now I know that sometimes when you agree with a villager about their rash decision to move they'll be all , "oh ho nevermind, just joking" or something to that horrific effect and so I was a bit cautious...
but I said "Ok adios" and he was like,
"cool I'm out on the 21st then homie" and I was ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't need to bring down the iron fist of justice, and get to keep the image as a loving, awesome mayor in STARLEAF!

Is there some secret with the golden Axe that I am unaware of?? can I behead barold??? Chop his nasty house to smithereens??? Even tho I notice his ENTIRE OUTTER PART OF HIS HOUSE IS MADE OF STEEL!?!?!?!?!? That's just so...BAROLD

- - - Post Merge - - -

UPDATE***********************************

Something amazing occurred like 2 seconds ago!!!! I was looking for that Turd Burglar, Barold (apparently Pete delivered Barolds moldy shirt to Queenie and she wanted it GONE, quick fast and in a hurry...which LUCKY ME, she asked of ME to fix and deliver back to that fartbox barold) to give him his package...and HE PINGS!!!! He waddles up to me and announces he is moving on the 21st!!! Now I know that sometimes when you agree with a villager about their rash decision to move they'll be all , "oh ho nevermind, just joking" or something to that horrific effect and so I was a bit cautious...
but I said "Ok adios" and he was like,
"cool I'm out on the 21st then homie" and I was ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't need to bring down the iron fist of justice, and get to keep the image as a loving, awesome mayor in STARLEAF!

Congrats. Sorry that killing him wasn't an option. Btw, you probably already know this but make sure you do not talk to him until he's in boxes on the 21st. Otherwise, there is a chance that he will change his mind.

Congrats. Sorry that killing him wasn't an option. Btw, you probably already know this but make sure you do not talk to him until he's in boxes on the 21st. Otherwise, there is a chance that he will change his mind.

VICTORY IS MINE!!!!

Yes, I am SO glad you reminded me of this, as i do tend to forget and have gotten roped into conversation with a villager whom is prepping to move, only to have them decide to stay!! So i am so glad you reminded me of this.

It IS shame barold couldn't have accidentally fallen to his demise off of the cliffs, or drowned in the ocean on a cold evening...

Congrats on your getting rid of Barold, but to answer your question about cycling, cycle towns, etc.

Cycling: The easiest way to explain cycling is (other users, please correct any wrongs)... the process of moving villagers in/back or out of your town. Most people cycle villagers to get them back after an accidental move out. The process of cycling to get a villager back involves moving out 16 unique other villagers before the villager that you want back will attempt to move in. To use cycling to get rid of villagers, you merely have to (carefully) time travel, get a ping from the villager you want gone (and hope that the ping is for them to leave), and time travel every day to the day they'll be in boxes/gone for good.

Cycle Towns: Towns dedicated to this practice for other players (usually for some form of compensation such as in-game currency; most people use a second cart to do this rather than their main town). For example, if you were to sell/give away Barold, rather than time traveling to the point where he's completely gone (house and all), you would instead...
- time travel to the point where he's in boxes.
- invite the person who wants him in their town to talk to him. If that person has 9 villagers or less, then Barold will move to their town after leaving yours (warning: if that person has villagers in their void [pool of up to 16 past villagers that have left] then you might get an unwanted move in from their town - IDK if there's a way to control this outside of just not using streeetpass or going online, but this reddit has some ideas https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/29ndho/question_about_clearing_your_void/ ).

Time Traveling: the practice of manipulating the clock (game's clock or 3DS' system clock). Each instance of time travel past the in-game hour of 6am counts as a day forward - doesn't matter if you go to 3/13 or 3/16, it's still 24 hours spent as far as the game is concerned. What this means is... even though Barold says he's leaving on the 21st, traveling directly to the 21st from today will not mean that he'll be in boxes/gone. It means that with or without time travel manipulation, he will be gone/leaving in 7 in-game days. I wouldn't recommend trying this method on your main town, lest you accidentally lose a villager you want to keep. For one off instances like this, it's relatively safe, but I would keep an eye on my town every 9-10 days in case someone tries to move out.

Last edited:
ok so since Barold appeared and ruined my life...Ive had rosie via Amiibo card and Julian via someone on here , and that's it. so he is NOT the last villager to move in.

On another note...THANK YOU for taking the time to explain cycling, cycle towns, and TT for me. I greatly appreciated that and the time it took for you to explain it!

Also I have been avoiding Barold like the plague (that he is)...and so far so very good.

I have to say that your reaction to him coming/leaving was quite amusing and probably a lot similar to mine whenever I was stuck with Rizzo for like 4 months or something. I'm SO happy you got him to move! I feel like it's always the annoying ones that stick around but I'm happy he asked to go.

Congrats on getting him to move!! :D

Definitely do not talk to him til he's gone or he may change his mind. Even if he pings you, DO NOT talk.

Congrats on getting him to move!! :D

Definitely do not talk to him til he's gone or he may change his mind. Even if he pings you, DO NOT talk.

Oh believe you me, that bag of snot couldn't get me to talk to him if his furry, gross lil life depended on it!!!! I walk around with a scowl whenever hes within my eyes view. he stinks up AT LEAST 20 feet surrounding him in ALL directions...I mean MY GOD BATHE!
He also apparently cant decide whether he wants a full on beard or if that's some dirty barold version of a 5oclock shadow...id ask him buuuuuuut as we all know...I am NOT SPEAKING TO HIM!!!
Yknow what this sneaky lil jerk did!!?!?!? I was out fishing, minding my own mayoral business with my darling lil rosie...and she asks to come back to my place...and I'm all "SURE!" so off we go. We get within a few feet and that's when I see him...BAROLD!!! Moping around by MY HOUSE!!! Pacing back and forth, frowning or whatever it is his face/mouth are doing...and I could tell Rosie was all like.
"Ummm...maaaaaybe we should go to MY place?" but it was too late that sad sack saw us! I panicked and my knees buckled, he was coming towards us! I told Rosie to save herself, and to RUN home..."but mayor...what about the grass? the flowers?" she whimpered..
"Go! Just Go!!! RUN!" I pleaded with her...and off she ran, waving her tiny, adorable, blue paw as she ran off to her home.
I took a deep breath, and pressed on towards my home. I could actually SMELL him getting closer *he smells of stale beer, celery and sadness*....Just then I ducked behind a perfect apple tree, falling into a pitfall!! I wanted to call out in pain, and for help..but I realized Barold now was oblivious as to where id vanished to! I could see him looking all around...huffing and puffing in defeat and frustration...he lumbered off back to where ever it is he goes!
I was able to free myself from the pitfall hole, and rushed inside the safety of my tiny abode. So i sat in silence allowing him to wander off far enough where i can go back out, and maybe even make it over to Rosie's without him seeing me???

Oh, and I truly feel his placement of his home RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SOUTH BEACH ENTRANCE WAY was a TOTAL calculated move on his part...its the beach with the dock...so i will be using that beach frequently...and hell always be able to find me...*shudder*

Back