• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

East facing ocean and Museum on the left...

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
Here's my town map and shopping map...
Sorry, I don't know how to turn the pics around.
Is this an uncommon set up? I have another town, and I restarted this town several times before I was satisfied with the map, and I can say I have never had or visited a town with a similar layout... I was SHOCKED when I realized the museum was on the left of the shopping district! Weird!
The train also enters from the left!
image2.JPG
image2-1.JPG

In my first ACNL town I had it on the left, but in both of my new towns it's on the right! I assumed it was just random.

Personally, I've seen the museum more on the left in towns than I have on the right. I think the museum being on the right or left is fairly 50/50?

Mine is on the left! I never really thought much of it, haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My town layout is, if not the exact same, very similar to yours. :) I like it.

Last edited:
My museum is on the left in Kiri and on the right side in Tinytree. It really confuses me sometimes and I often find myself running back and forth because I forget they are on different sides :p

The Museum is always on the non-ocean side. So if you have an east facing beach, your museum will always be on the left. With a west facing beach your museum will always be on the right. :)

I have the exact same layout as yours, OP. Positioning of the town hall, re-tail and main plaza are different tho. Rest is the same (the river is exactly the same as yours, as well as the ramps to get to the beach and the dock). It is my first town ever and I still have the same layout, I've never restarted my town.

Personally, I've seen the museum more on the left in towns than I have on the right. I think the museum being on the right or left is fairly 50/50?

Yeah I agree here. My museums on the right and I've definitely seen more on the left than right.

However my map is mirrored compared to the OP, mines west facing :p

I've seen the East facing beach about as often as I've seen Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and unicorns.

I didn't know the museum could be on the right until the TBT fair event last year when I saw screenshots being shared that showed it.

Both my towns have the museum on the right, and east-sided beaches, and the towns I've visited where I've seen the museum have all been the same.

I love how this game has so many interesting little details to come across. Years later and there's still more to learn!

First town has the museum on the left and a beach facing the right. My second is quite the opposite of that. There was one instance I got lost when I was trying to go to the right of the main street when I played my first and as soon as I stepped outside of the museum, I tried going to the left thinking it was the way to Emporium but ended up going to the gutter haha

Back