• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Aokigahara Suicide Prevention Town

Ironically I got lost lol. I thought it'd be terrible but it was actually okay. I like the little touch around Akuma's house where the roses go from blue to black. I felt as if the hourglasses in the first room represented how little time we have in life, so we should cherish it. Nothing creepy or touching though. I like the shoes and the graveyards, there were some rooms I didn't like too (the basement in Byoin's house was definitely not a morgue, just a graveyard) but you did the best you can do. Overall it's okay.

Yes, it is my town. I was off by one letter in he dream address and Bryon is the mayor of the town, so I don't know why it would show up as something else.

Personally wont go do to struggles with depression but i apprciate the hotline number i seen someone screenshot. That was nice

Hey guys!!! Someone did a walk through of my town and I wanted to share it with you guys! Just letting you guys know, it's in Spanish :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14WtPeVA9OM

And remember to check out my video, explaining the town!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5BS6qPKPk

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey guys!!! Someone did a walk through of my town and I wanted to share it with you guys! Just letting you guys know, it's in Spanish :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=14WtPeVA9OM

And remember to check out my video, explaining the town!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5BS6qPKPk

i love all the thought and work you put in this dream town, but one thing i suggest is that you give the characters things to say in the dream. right now they just say "thanks!" which is the default when nothing is on the tpc. if you add things to each tpc it might make the town more vivid. byoin (typed as byron in your post, you should probably fix that) could be a doctor, supa a spa worker, kyabin a camper, and akumu a wandere in the forest. you can use the phrases written on each tpc to reflect that.

also, i have a feeling not everyone who goes to the town will come from this forum. if you felt the need to include a trigger warning for akumu's house, perhaps you can put one in the dream too, in the form of a sign. although, as someone who does have severe depression and frequent suicidal thoughts, the house isn't all that triggering to me. then again, i don't really have any trigggers...

i hope it's okay for me to say that...

I kept meaning to visit this town and finally did.
I really liked the town overall. I feel like I could make suggestions but it's also so wonderful how it is my suggestions would probably ruin it lol.
I read ur post along doing the town so that make it pretty impactful. I'm not sure the inside all the homes would've made sense to me without reading the post. I liked the blue in your town and I really liked the sign you laid out. I would maybe change somethings but I think that's because my idea of what I'd do for this type of town is a little different. Very well done. :) I liked the graveyard room downstairs the hospital best. IDK what was up with the video game stuff room but it's all good it didn't take away from anything :)

i actually got kind of emotional visiting your town yIkes

but honestly you did really good, it was a very creative concept

With the recent news of both lead singers of Audioslave and Linkin Park, I do want to bump this post up in memory of them. And please do remember that, "bad times...are times that are just bad."

Hey guys. I just wanna give you guys a HUGE thank you for visiting. The visitor counter went up by 236 in just a month. Without you guys, this town wouldn't be the town it is today. Please, please, PLEASE get help if you need it. And remember, "bad times...are just times that are bad." - Katrina

(Btw, I actually did a lot with the town over the past 2 days, check it out!)

I'm definitely gonna check this out. I've watched a lot of documentaries on this forest so I'm really interested to what this dream town has to offer for me.

Back