The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Pink Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
So, I've wanted a good layout for a long time but never wanted to plot reset to get my villagers in the right spot. however, while browsing the internet I found a reddit post that claimed something interesting. I can't find the post and I hate that I can't credit them but the post said that villagers tend to avoid moving onto paths as of the Welcome Amiibo update. naturally this got me thinking: What if I covered my whole town with a grid of tiles except for selected 3x3 areas? Would this cause villagers to move in in those places?

This was actually a monumentous task, and took a lot of time and effort. I almost considered quitting since I would hate to put so much work in only to have it turn out to be false. but, I've finally managed to place all the tiles, and a new villager has moved in. here's the screenshot:

Yes.jpg

That's right, either I was incredibly lucky or this method is confirmed. realistically you can have two spaces between each tile when laying your grid, but I did every other just in case. I actually think this is still faster than plot resetting, as you can decide all ten locations right away. Hopefully this helps anyone who's starting over, so glad all that work testing this didn't go to waste :D

Wow I had no idea OMG thank you so much for this! Even if it was noted beforehand, I was very much not aware.

I prefer filling up the rest with patterns instead of making it like a checkerboard (as shown in the picture) to make sure I won't miss a spot when trying to move their plot in a specific place. There's nothing wrong making it like that though! Whatever floats your boat, I guess :)

That's so neat! Thanks for sharing (I didn't know this until now). I don't think I'm gonna use it though because I'm moving 4 villagers out of my town by using the amiibo card so hopefully the villager moving in will take the old plot because right now I have super good plots

Back