November Birthstone (Topaz)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
I've bought all of my Dreamie amiibo cards (just waiting for the last three - two coming in the mail and buying the other). However, I had read and seen videos of Wisp asking you which villager you would like to move out when you scan an amiibo card and already have 10 villagers. This has not been the case for me. They just say that the villager will move in soon and that they'll let them know to get ready, but nothing happens to my other villagers.

What am I doing wrong and what does it take to trigger Wisp's "move a villager out" dialogue when scanning amiibo sand moving those in?

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense the way I'm typing it, been pretty incoherent the past couple days.

Last edited:
To make Wisp ask you that if you want to move out a Villager first, you need to have 10 Villagers in your town in other way (if you have 9 or less) the Scan Amiibo Villager just going to arrive by the next day.

To make Wisp ask you that if you want to move out a Villager first, you need to have 10 Villagers in your town in other way (if you have 9 or less) the Scan Amiibo Villager just going to arrive by the next day.

Yes but my issue is that I have 10 but Wisp doesn't ask me which villager should move out. They simply say the villager will move in (but the villager obviously cannot move in the next day since I have 10 villagers). I have time traveled and attempted this multiple times but the dialogue to move a villager out never comes up and neither does the villager who is supposed to move in like wisp says.

^ If you have less than 10 villagers they'll just move in just like if you were to invite someone from another town or from your camp. If you want to kick someone out, you have to have a full town then he'll say something about kicking someone out cause your town has no vacancies.

Yes but my issue is that I have 10 but Wisp doesn't ask me which villager should move out. They simply say the villager will move in (but the villager obviously cannot move in the next day since I have 10 villagers). I have time traveled and attempted this multiple times but the dialogue to move a villager out never comes up and neither does the villager who is supposed to move in like wisp says.

Are you sure no one is in the process of moving out already. Not just in boxes, maybe someone that ask you to move out and you say yes.

I haven't heard of that happening. So your villager you scanned in never moved in either?

I haven't heard of that happening. So your villager you scanned in never moved in either?

Like, they can't move in because my town is full and no one is currently moving out yet. I was excited about not having to wait for unwanted villagers to ping and just getting the prompt to move out the random/unwanted villagers. But it hasn't happened. ;-(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are you sure no one is in the process of moving out already. Not just in boxes, maybe someone that ask you to move out and you say yes.

No one is in boxes or has pinged me, no. So I'm just irritated because I'm trying to move in the rest of my babs. ;____;

That's weird, because it seems that you try several times.

I have and idea, maybe this can work out:
-TT two days (no more).
-After TT that two days, begin the day and when your Mayor come out of the house, save.
-TT two days back.
-Search for someone who is Ping you to move out. Generally, the one who's moving out is always outside.

For some reason it's working now and I still don't know what it was that was causing the issue in the first place. But I'm able to move in my lovely little babies now and I'm working on plotting Plucky!

Thank you for responding to those of you that did. Have a lovely week and, if you're also in the NYC area, stay safe during the blizzard tomorrow!

Last edited:
Back