• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cartridge Problem?

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
So I found my old 3DS.

Decided to try to play on it... with ACNL.

When turned on, I found that the resume file option was gone.

What happens if I click "New File"?
Would my current file end up being corrupted?

Did you try shutting it off and taking the cartridge out and back in? Does this happen with your other 3DS?

Does the old 3DS have the ACNL update on it? Players have put their games in 3DS that weren't update and the game didn't work.
Add it if you haven't and see if that fixes the problem.

Does the old 3DS have the ACNL update on it? Players have put their games in 3DS that weren't update and the game didn't work.
Add it if you haven't and see if that fixes the problem.
Oh.
Haven't updated NL on the 3DS yet. :eek:
Perhaps doing so will fix it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also...
Mostly asking since I can possibly have two towns with one cartridge.
So... even if this isn't with the WA update, still would be nice to have it like that. :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did you try shutting it off and taking the cartridge out and back in? Does this happen with your other 3DS?
Yep.
Did that aplenty
Didn't try to push the "New Save File" button, though I get curious...

Starting a new town will overwrite anything already existing.

As others have said, if it's a town with the Welcome Amiibo update, download the update from the eShop to get things working. Otherwise, perhaps something's gone wrong and your town's just... gone. :eek:

Oh.
Haven't updated NL on the 3DS yet. :eek:
Perhaps doing so will fix it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also...
Mostly asking since I can possibly have two towns with one cartridge.
So... even if this isn't with the WA update, still would be nice to have it like that. :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yep.
Did that aplenty
Didn't try to push the "New Save File" button, though I get curious...

As others have said, downloading the Welcome Amiibo update to the old 3DS should fix the problem.

What do you mean about possibly having two towns on the one cartridge? I've not heard of any legitimate way of doing that.

Back