• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How confident are you in your appearance?

I'm a little self conscious, but really only when I'm dressing up in feminine clothing that I'm just not really used to. I'll rock a geeky t-shirt and jeans but put a dress on me and I never feel quite right.

6.5/10?? at times i can look ok but most of the time i look like trash.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i just don't like my nose, i feel like it looks too big from an angle. my eyelashes make my eyes look so plain !!! they're so short

I really like my face and my hair colour and my body. It took me years to accept it but now I accept my slightly chubby belly.
The one thing I still am self concious about is my hair. I'm afraid it is always poofy, frizzy or looks ugly. However, by growing it out more, I have found a way to style it where it basically always looks good so I think I have finally found a way to love it!

I'm really close to finally loving my appearance and oh man it feels heavenly.

I rate myself a 3/10, so no not very confident.

There's a lot that i dislike about my face and body, but i dont really think about it until people take my picture and stuff

I'm naturally very critical of myself, so my self-image changes often. I have an eating disorder and body dysmorphia so I have a really hard time loving my body. I like my face but not my profile. There are a lot of little things that I criticize myself on but I'm in therapy right now and I'm trying to learn how to nurture myself instead of beat myself up.

my school is a boarding school with 50% kids who's parents are rich and send them there from across the world, paying thousands of $$$ a year, and 50% kids who got in free because they live in town. i am one of those kids... theres so much variety in my school its crazy but also makes me very self-conscious because when i get ready for school and look in the mirror and think i look nice, i show up to school and theres so many other kids that look better than me and are wearing super pricey clothes (most dorm students wear like canada goose jackets which are 700-800$!). because a lot of the dorm students are from other parts of the world, i can never tell what they're saying so i always get so scared when i walk by them and they say something (even though they probably arent even saying anything about me). and my height never helped me either. im so awkward i never know where to put myself because i've always been so tall. i actually asked one of my classmates why they didn't start talking to me until just barely and they said it was because i was intimidating, which isnt me at all!! i wish i was just a little bit shorter and then maybe i'd feel more confident. i just hope i at least stay my current height because maybe it wont be so bad when im a senior. and then theres always been people telling me to act more like a man and push me around because they automatically think because of my height im just another bro but thats never been the case. sorry for ranting ahhh

I don't think I'm bad looking. I like my face, I wish I was naturally more tan but w/e.
I've never liked my body though. I've been working to lose weight, and I've had some success, but every time I look in the mirror I cringe a little.

I'm not confident at all.. Sometimes I'd have a burst of confidence while getting ready to go outside, and I'd feel pretty just looking in the mirror. But as soon as I walked outside I would feel so insecure and the confidence would be gone. I just always feel so inadequate. I chalk that up to being told how ugly and worthless I was since I was a child, all the way up to all my past jobs as an adult, with the bosses and coworkers calling me ugly. I'm trying to love myself though :) And I've seen your pictures and I believe you are gorgeous ^_^ We are just our own worst critics, really. Hopefully people will start to realise that we all need to lift each other up and give each other no reason to feel insecure.

Omg that's awful! It's horrible when your family could say something like that, but even people you've worked with? :(
Thank you so much!! <3 I've seen photos of you too and I think you're model pretty!

I got all negative the moment i saw "How confident are you in your..." lmao

I guess I'm pretty confident appearence wise. I just need to take better care of myself but eh...

It's sad that most of us feel so negatively about ourselves :( I'm sure you're all lovely

I had the ugly duckling problem growing up, but as I got older, I became very attractive. I grew my own self confidence by becoming aware of my inherent worthiness to love my body and soul no matter how 'ugly' I thought, while detaching from external negative opinions and comments. I actually get more hate looks now from people.

I'm pretty confident in how I look, except my face. For an Asian I have a monolid.. and that's bothered me recently, because it makes my face look really flat .-.

I'm definitely not hideous, then again I'm nothing special. So my outward appearance/confidence is just 5/10 LOL

i actually dont really care much about how my face looks like, i mostly care about my clothes

I never was confident about my appearance as I always felt I looked different from everyone else. Until I visited my family's country of origin and saw that all the woman there looked like me, and they looked fine. <3 That was all I needed to accept my appearance, as silly as that may sound.

I also had an absolute blast there, I am now enjoying the music from there as well which is great because that explains my 'weird' taste in music.

Honestly I'm just so happy with everything now. <3

Back