• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How confident are you in your appearance?

nostalgibra

slave to the vaporwave
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Poptart Easter Egg
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Personally, I think my face is pretty but I HATE everything else about my body. I've always struggled with confidence and body acceptance. Even when I was fairly slim, I still hated myself, so weight isn't the issue. I truly hope one day I can learn to love myself.

What about you all?

I'm not confident at all.. Sometimes I'd have a burst of confidence while getting ready to go outside, and I'd feel pretty just looking in the mirror. But as soon as I walked outside I would feel so insecure and the confidence would be gone. I just always feel so inadequate. I chalk that up to being told how ugly and worthless I was since I was a child, all the way up to all my past jobs as an adult, with the bosses and coworkers calling me ugly. I'm trying to love myself though :) And I've seen your pictures and I believe you are gorgeous ^_^ We are just our own worst critics, really. Hopefully people will start to realise that we all need to lift each other up and give each other no reason to feel insecure.

Fairly confident. I have been since collage when I got away from the people in high school who's sole purpose in life was to create reasons to pick on me.

someone honestly needs to smother me with a pillow before i reproduce.

Kinky.

to the people that arent confident, it's your body not anyone else's

do what ever you want with it (but please nothing harmful!)

society has messed up opinions of ''beauty''

Beauty is on the inside...

Ya, I have pretty good body. My face is average. Unfortunately, I'm ugly on the inside, which I feel is sort of an uncommon insecurity. I don't know if any of you have felt this way, but if you have, then you know damn right that it doesn't matter at all what you look like. It's what's on the inside that counts. The problem for me is, I'm not empowered by that statement like most people. I am a bad person. I have dark thoughts, I'm angry, I see a therapist, who I want to strangle most days. It's not pretty in my head.

I think I'm pretty cute but I don't like how ridiculously skinny I am, it's really hard for me to find clothes that fit me nicely that I don't have to tailor myself. I've gained a bit of weight so here's hoping I can keep that up and put on muscle.

PS if you're thinking of replying to this with some form of "I wish I had ur problem!!!" or whatever please don't it doesn't help anything and it's really rude thx

I think I'm pretty cute but I don't like how ridiculously skinny I am, it's really hard for me to find clothes that fit me nicely that I don't have to tailor myself. I've gained a bit of weight so here's hoping I can keep that up and put on muscle.

PS if you're thinking of replying to this with some form of "I wish I had ur problem!!!" or whatever please don't it doesn't help anything and it's really rude thx
Wow I agree with this wholeheartedly. Being too skinny does suck. I used to have that problem where my legs looked like twigs and I could never find a pair of jeans that fit right. I gained some weight and now I feel like I'm too fat. There's no winning against insecurities.

Yes. I'm pretty confident in how I look. I'm very skinny, but I don't really care. I don't mind wearing stuff that looks kinda big and baggy on me anyway. I think it's stylish.

I'm happy with the way I look. I do what I want with my hair and makeup and wear whatever I want so a lot of that confidence comes from just doing what makes me happy with my appearance. I've never been someone who focuses solely on looks so I don't mind leaving the house with no makeup or my hair in a bun either. And honestly, who cares? As long as you like the way you look you really shouldn't care what other people think about you.

It goes up and down. I have scars I got as a child my face which I hate. But I think my features are good. People tell me not to worry about my scars, and I genuinely believe them. But it's still hard. I'm pretty muscular and I receive quite a bit of attention and compliments about it from people. External validation can be dangerous but of course I still worry about it.

Last edited:
key to life: be confident and you'll look confident. eventually, the confidence will turn real and normal, and you don't have to pretend. i truly say this with 100% accuracy, as it worked on me when i was super antisocial and awkward. don't even tell me "but but senpai i can't do that i'll look weird trying to look confide-" stop, then you're not doing the first step. FEIGN the confidence like you actually have it, pretend you're 2000% prettier, handsomer (?) or whatever works, talk to people with a confident voice, stand up straight, and do things that you think will make you look cooler.

people believe what they see, and if you present them with a confident, smiling self, you're BOUND to be liked by some people, no matter if you think you're ugly or not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops i went on rambling yup i'm 110% confident in myself and my appearance :) if people don't like it then oh well i have personality

i used to be REALLY uncomfortable with my appearance. as i got a little older though i realized that i had some features about myself that i really liked, and learned to live with the features that i didn't care for. my weight is more of a health concern to me now instead of an appearance concern, i really love my eyes and my boobs, and how i carry the weight that i do have

my one thing i'm not very confident on is that my hair at my part is VERY thin, and a former friend of mine made a very nasty joke about it once when we were livestreaming his podcast, sadly i've been super self conscious ever since :/

I just hate my nose because it has a ****ton of black spots and grease and ya.
Otherwise else i dont care tbh

I just hate my nose because it has a ****ton of black spots and grease and ya.
Otherwise else i dont care tbh

black spots as in freckles or blackheads? :eek:

Eh, it really depends. Some days I avoid looking in any mirrors because I hate the way I look, other days I'm pretty happy with how I look.

happy i guess. a lot of people say i'm pretty but i look trashy. my fashion sense is a little different but i'm fine to come out of my shell and i like the style so there's nothing wrong with it to me.

I hate my stomach and my eye lids. They look really weird and pudgy. :(

Not very, I wish I was a lot more confident in how I look than I am now. I don't like my teeth so I tend not to show them too much when I smile. I'm too afraid to wear shorts or t-shirts because I'm self-conscious about my weight. I kind of like my hair and the way I dress though! People compliment me on them sometimes and that definitely helps with the self-confidence.

Back