Do you let villagers move in naturally?

I don't do plot resets, because I'm too lazy. I'm also worried that I'd accidentally mess something up if I tried it, and I really like my current town.

I used to let villagers in naturally for about a year. Now I choose who I want and plot reset, because I'm starting to landscape and design my town more :)

Honestly, if I had the patience, I would plot reset. But since I wasn't... Particularly interested in learning the kind of formula/algorithm thing for move-in plot downs, I was... You know. Just letting them go naturally. Besides, as much as I would love to just set it to my standard, I would feel it would end up boring, personally. It would take too much out of the game, now that I think about it, than dealing with the stresses of life, and daily activity of mayor-ing, rather than placing it all like a fantasy land. You can't exactly move people in real life how'd you like it, now could you? Unless... You were like some kind of manipulative control-freak, yeah.

But I digress. I just find it more interesting to be presented with the unknown and challenges blindly.

I used to TT a lot, actually, and I got tired of it that I just wanted to play the game as naturally as possible, although be it extremely. Difficult. To. God.

But despite that, if I really need to TT, I only do it for one day about, total, in real time, just so I can get my angler fish if I had restarted.

.... Because Angler Fish.

(That's my favorite fish. Shaddup.)

I do in my second town. Since the update doesn't let villagers move in on paths, I just use that to get them to go where I want. Since my town is only a week old, I have a lot of work to do so I have no themes in mind yet or anything like that. I just go with the flow and right now I am enjoying villagers as they come. :)

My first town is the opposite though. I was very selective of who moved in and where they moved to.

I let all of my villagers move in naturally. Plot resetting sounds way too complicated, lol. However, I do want a few specific villagers to move in, so there's always a chance I could start.

Hell naw. I can't stand it when my town is not organized the exact way I want it to be. I control who moves in and where they do. If it's not to my liking, then out they go.

Yes. I lost lots of Hybrids, dreamies and time because they plot in horrible places.

Yeah, the first 9 villagers all moved in automatically, having them choose where their houses are going to be. Honestly, it wasn't too bad, at least no one put their house right in front of a bridge/in a corner. I'm not too much of a pro-Animal Crossing player, plot resetting and time-traveling and all that stuff. I'm more relaxed with it, but I do have a color theme for my town. Having a theme just gets me motivated to play ACNL more, and trying to complete my town. The 10th villager had to be moved in purposely by me, so I was waiting for the right time to pick up a villager and think of who I wanted in my town. However, I accidentally picked up Walt from the void while visiting another player. But, I still have him and he's my favorite so far ^.^

I used to let them, but after I started polishing up my paths and stuff, I had to make "designated plots" for them to place their homes. plot resetting became my bff

I just snatched Shari from my boyfriend's town and decided to let her pick a spot on her own, because heck what could go wrong? literally chose the worst spot imaginable - smack in the middle of pwps, a path, and two villager homes. I didn't even think someone could fit a home there but she managed somehow fml

i've never plot reset, although i planned to when i moved in marty but i forgot ;_; i'm moving in hazel soon and hopefully i'll remember to plot reset for her

Back