• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How did you come about TBT?

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0000-0000-0000
How did you come about TBT?​

I was trying to find a decent forum through Google. After looking at a few different forums, I found TBT. :blush:

Last edited:
i needed to get my mind off things and i had a feeling that an animal crossing community would be nice. i love the game and i've always wanted to join a forum so the first thing i saw was this and i signed up instantly. i made about 10 posts and left for about 2 months. after that though i've been active ever since

Can't remember. I think I just wanted to be part of a community. Thought it would be fun. I was right.

Well I always search questions up for ACNL, and usually this website comes up with the answers in my search. So one day I figured it's time to get my dreamies somehow, and this forum looks nice. So I joined and started getting my dreamies. And I stayed long after I found them all because I love all you bums <3

I was already on ACC but they don't do as many community things as on here. I'm pretty sure I searched up ACNL community and I came across this website at some point

Turnips! I originally found TBT back with ACWW which was my first game (and caused my first console purchase). I was googling for info on turnips, found my way here, explored a bit, got overwhelmed, and left without joining.

Then with ACNL I was keen to find high turnip prices at a time when no IRL players I knew had good prices. I was trying to upgrade all my character's houses as quickly as possible and had two towns full of turnips about to rot. I went googling again and found my way here (although I didn't realise it was the same site until I saw the header change with the clock a few times).

I might have disappeared again without joining, let alone joining in, but I wanted to "give back" by at least participating in the turnip prices thread when I could. From there, I don't know what happened. But somehow I'm still here lol.

I came here on and off without an account for a good few years (since City Folk came out maybe) but I was too shy and intimidated to make an account and engage with any of the users here T_T But last year was such a rough year and I was so lonely that I made an account. I probably came here originally to ask about something, but I didn't post anything for like a month or two ;-; then I started posting and I hate it here jk I actually like it here. I'm still too timid to talk to people and make friends but I'm comfortable.

Last edited:
a friend of mine on gamefaqs was always talking about tbt and collectibles so i decided to peep it out

Tumblr brought me here! I have an acnl blog on tumblr and I frequent the acnl tag, so when someone posted about this awesome forum website where they found one of their dreamies, I was all over it! In the past I'd been using reddit as another place to trade with people, but I vastly prefer how things are over here on TBT :)

I stumbled on it when I was trying to find something AC-related on google. I joined instantly but lurk for about 4 months before posting.

Looking for info about villagers.
Then I stumbled into the Villager Popularity List that Houndoomed worked on, mostly because I was curious if there was a such thing.
Surprised to see Rosie and Molly up high.
Didn't join until after like a year later though. :p

I was looking up new leaf related stuff while waiting for my 3ds to arrive (I bought it just for the game!) and I found TBT. I stalked it for a bit and then joined right after I made my town!

Definitely by googling New Leaf stuff.

i needed to get my mind off things and i had a feeling that an animal crossing community would be nice. i love the game and i've always wanted to join a forum so the first thing i saw was this and i signed up instantly. i made about 10 posts and left for about 2 months. after that though i've been active ever since

The forum is a nice place to relax and get your mind off things! :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can't remember. I think I just wanted to be part of a community. Thought it would be fun. I was right.

I had a hard time remembering when I started joining other things so I understand where you're coming from! :blush: The forum is really fun... especially The Basement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well I always search questions up for ACNL, and usually this website comes up with the answers in my search. So one day I figured it's time to get my dreamies somehow, and this forum looks nice. So I joined and started getting my dreamies. And I stayed long after I found them all because I love all you bums <3

I think I've seen this forum show up on Google when I have Googled things in the past about Animal Crossing. I love being a bum too! >3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was already on ACC but they don't do as many community things as on here. I'm pretty sure I searched up ACNL community and I came across this website at some point

ACC is...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I came here on and off without an account for a good few years (since City Folk came out maybe) but I was too shy and intimidated to make an account and engage with any of the users here T_T But last year was such a rough year and I was so lonely that I made an account. I probably came here originally to ask about something, but I didn't post anything for like a month or two ;-; then I started posting and I hate it here jk I actually like it here. I'm still too timid to talk to people and make friends but I'm comfortable.

I'm happy that you made an account! :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

a friend of mine on gamefaqs was always talking about tbt and collectibles so i decided to peep it out

Gamefaqs ---> TBT

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tumblr brought me here! I have an acnl blog on tumblr and I frequent the acnl tag, so when someone posted about this awesome forum website where they found one of their dreamies, I was all over it! In the past I'd been using reddit as another place to trade with people, but I vastly prefer how things are over here on TBT :)

Sounds lovely, Deanna! :blush: The layout and the navigation is really nice!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Google searches for various New Leaf stuff.

I think I've seen this forum before I joined Googling things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I stumbled on it when I was trying to find something AC-related on google. I joined instantly but lurk for about 4 months before posting.
Definitely by googling New Leaf stuff.
I was looking up new leaf related stuff while waiting for my 3ds to arrive (I bought it just for the game!) and I found TBT. I stalked it for a bit and then joined right after I made my town!
Google brought everyone here. Huh? :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Looking for info about villagers.
Then I stumbled into the Villager Popularity List that Houndoomed worked on, mostly because I was curious if there was a such thing.
Surprised to see Rosie and Molly up high.
Didn't join until after like a year later though. :p

Villager popularity lists here are accurate and worth the time looking at! :blush:

Last edited:
I found it via the Invision Free Board Directory and eventually joined wanting to play with other people in Animal Crossing Wild World.

Back