• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you have in your museum exhibit rooms?

Liminal

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I just rented out one of the exhibition rooms in the museum, but I'm not sure what I want to put in it. I was considering making one of the rooms in my house a traditional Japanese style reception room but now I'm thinking I might switch it to be in the museum since it will be kind of historical and fit in better in the museum than my house. What do you guys think? I was also thinking of a greenhouse room with tons of plants.

What do you have in your exhibit rooms? :)

The greenhouse room would be nice. I had a fruit/ plant stand in one of my rooms for awhile in one of my museum rooms.

Room one is a Spa/Bathroom/Massage Room. One of the villagers mentioned that there wasn't a bathroom so I made one.
Room two is my island room. Placed the island extra pieces in the room with my two favorite villagers pictures. Sit on the beach chair and enjoy K.K. Island.
Room three has Gracie items. Thanks to the update I most of the tops on the wall. Put the matching pants under the tops.
Room Four has some extra baskets of perfect fruit and Sanrio clothing on the wall with the shoes/hat under them.

In Ruddyoak, I have:

• History of Ruddyoak exhibit (can't wait to get the sapling clock on my town's anniversary!)
  • Air & Space exhibit (inspired by one I saw at the Smithsonian when I was a kid)
  • Costume Party exhibit (this was a Halloween party I threw in my town a few years ago, and left up)
  • Ice Palace exhibit (I just wanted a place to display the ice furniture; I may swap this out for a replica of the library where I work)

In Goblin, I have:
Right now it's just four rooms with random bush starts from when I was hoarding during town-building.
I'm planning on fixing them up soon to be Labyrinth-related.

In AHS, I have:
  • The jazz bar where Fiona met Axeman
Eventually I will add:
  • Misty Day's swamp shack
  • LaLaurie museum lobby
  • Fiona Goode's knotty pine hell

Last edited:
I have nothing in my exhibit rooms currently. I haven't even touched the second floor since I got it in the town I have currently, surprisingly. When I do decide to display something, i'm probably going to make two bedrooms for Celeste and Blathers because I feel bad for them that they're standing all day in a museum, doing almost nothing. Plus it'd only make sense for them to have bedrooms there atleast, since they're there 24/7. That or I might make a hotel-ish kinda thing instead for other NPCS to "stay" in, since most of them are always on the clock, so realistically none of them would probably want to go home so late at night. But that's just me and my imagination running wild haha. A greenhouse would be nice though! and pretty too! in a museum. Ideal because it's so high up, and that's where I imagine someone would put a greenhouse.

Last edited:
I made actual museum-like exhibits with mine. I have a Pharaoh's Tomb exhibit with egyptian items, the gold pieces and some "artifacts". My Japanese Culture is just a showcase of some Japanese furniture, clothes, and historic items. My Wild West exhibit has western items and desert items, along with some pieces of camping equipment. My Space Jam exhibit is a bunch of space/sci-fi themed items on a moon setting.

as of now...in CRIBBET'S museum in ALL 4 rooms I have all GYROIDS Ive found...for some reason I REALLY love them lil guys (BTW WTF ARE THEY ANYWAYS??) and some of my fav HYBRIDS that spawned naturally in the village. I have lil record players in all the rooms playing all diff types of music for the Gyroids to groove to.
But after reading some of you guys' museum exhibit ideas I may have to switch it all up soon!!!

Right now, I just use them as storage rooms. I have a room full of villager pictures in one, and the other three are different rare furniture sets I used to have in my house that I took out because I didn't have room. I might change them up one day but right now I don't bother with it

I only have one room rented and that's where I keep any extra genuine artwork that I already have in my Art Exhibit

I'm working on a library, classroom, clinic, and gymnasium. Kinda to make the whole museum a school like building.

All of my exhibit are storerooms for GracieGrace clothing and furniture. I want to give it all away one day because it's taking up a lot of space now, but I can't seem to find the time to hold a giveaway.

I put a coffee shop, flower shop, gym/fitness and a movie theater so it'd look like a mini commercial center and not just a boring museum.

In a previous town I had a greenhouse room, a nintendo room, a gyroid room, and then a room where I kept my "dream" items that I would set out.

Now in Salem all of my rooms are storage, mostly fruits and then one of the rooms is a dream stuff room.

In Valo I haven't rented any of the rooms as of yet, but I've been thinking of doing each one as a little shop, like a restaurant, maybe a toy shop, and two other stores. I'm not 100% on it yet, but that's what I think I'll go for.

For a long time I wasn't using these rooms at all. Now I have my collection of Gyroids there. I really like them :3

In my previous town I was using museum rooms as a garbage storage.

If someone were to visit my "exhibitions", they would be really let down. That's where I store all the Gracie Grace clothes. All separated by season with the not-on-sale clothes from the sale periods. I want to have all of it, in case I want to use a piece that isn't in season. But actually, I could probably fit it all into one or two rooms and actually make proper use of the exhibition rooms.

In towns where I am still waiting on Gracie to appear in the plaza, 3 of the museum rooms will be clothes & the 4th is gyroids (with dig site floor & wall if I have them).
My other town has event furniture displayed.

Items still max out at 48 items but on top of this you can drop tools, flower seeds, bushes & saplings which is helpful extra storage. It works until you run out of floor space.
Storage is not such an issue now with the update, but I still do it, at least I know exactly where these items are. (you can drop over the 48 max, anything you can walk over, so there are other items - w/p, carpet, letters, medicine? haven't really investigated).

In towns where I am still waiting on Gracie to appear in the plaza, 3 of the museum rooms will be clothes & the 4th is gyroids (with dig site floor & wall if I have them).
My other town has event furniture displayed.

Items still max out at 48 items but on top of this you can drop tools, flower seeds, bushes & saplings which is helpful extra storage. It works until you run out of floor space.
Storage is not such an issue now with the update, but I still do it, at least I know exactly where these items are. (you can drop over the 48 max, anything you can walk over, so there are other items - w/p, carpet, letters, medicine? haven't really investigated).

You can walk over saplings and bush starts as well as mushrooms too so they don't count towards the number, when I did my green house I filled in the extra space with these and it looked super cute. XD

Right now, I just use them as storage rooms. I have a room full of villager pictures in one, and the other three are different rare furniture sets I used to have in my house that I took out because I didn't have room. I might change them up one day but right now I don't bother with it

See, this is one thing I REALLY hope is fixed in the new AC for the Switch that I hear is coming out. I hope that we can add more rooms to our homes, and that they make it almost like a "Clown Car" where the outside looks small (Ie: you can expand it once like they have in ACNL) but you go in and there can be up to like 10 or so rooms. I have SO MUCH STUFF I wanna display and make certain rooms with themes (IE: The Sanrio Kiki and LALA, the HK, Cinnamon roll...etc. The mermaid stuff, the regal, princess, or Rocco furniture sets...etc) and I hate I have to keep them storaged instead of all out and nicely set up in a room dedicated to them.

I REALLY WISH ACNL had this option, or something better then putting it away in a museum exhibit room or storage...where no one can or really will see it.

I have nothing in my exhibit rooms currently. I haven't even touched the second floor since I got it in the town I have currently, surprisingly. When I do decide to display something, i'm probably going to make two bedrooms for Celeste and Blathers because I feel bad for them that they're standing all day in a museum, doing almost nothing. Plus it'd only make sense for them to have bedrooms there atleast, since they're there 24/7. That or I might make a hotel-ish kinda thing instead for other NPCS to "stay" in, since most of them are always on the clock, so realistically none of them would probably want to go home so late at night. But that's just me and my imagination running wild haha. A greenhouse would be nice though! and pretty too! in a museum. Ideal because it's so high up, and that's where I imagine someone would put a greenhouse.
Aww that is sweet! Break rooms for them!!

Back