• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

its March Madness time!!

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
the 64 team field has just been announced for the 2017 three-week NCAA men's college basketball tournament!! :D

aka "the Big Dance," "March Madness," "Bracket City," the greatest sporting event on Earth!!

who's your team?

who ya like winning it all? will Villanova repeat? or will one of the other 1-seeds prevail? (Kansas, North Carolina, Gonzaga)

will you enter an office betting pool? or maybe one among your friends or family? for amusement only, right? ;)

anybody plan to attend the first week games in person?? (first week= Orlando, Buffalo, Salt Lake City, Greenville South Carolina, Indianapolis, Sacramento, Milwaukee, and Tulsa).

its go time, baybee!! :cool:

I'm slightly lost xDDD

But I appreciate your apparent hype ^^

I think one of the usual suspects will win it. Nova could repeat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke, UNC, Kentucky, or Louisville win it either. Kansas will choke as usual, possibly to Michigan State in the second round. Gonzaga is overrated and will lose when they have to start playing teams from good conferences. I think the Big Ten is underrated and a team like Michigan, Michigan State, or Wisconsin could get far. I wish I could get out to Milwaukee to see my Gophers play, but I can't. They are lucky to get a 5 seed and just have to beat Middle Tennessee and likely Butler to get to the Sweet 16, but they have only 6 reliable players due to injuries which is a problem.

I think one of the usual suspects will win it. Nova could repeat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke, UNC, Kentucky, or Louisville win it either. Kansas will choke as usual, possibly to Michigan State in the second round. Gonzaga is overrated and will lose when they have to start playing teams from good conferences. I think the Big Ten is underrated and a team like Michigan, Michigan State, or Wisconsin could get far. I wish I could get out to Milwaukee to see my Gophers play, but I can't. They are lucky to get a 5 seed and just have to beat Middle Tennessee and likely Butler to get to the Sweet 16, but they have only 6 reliable players due to injuries which is a problem.

the Gophas! nice, isnt that little Pitino's team?

my team is the Gators, but i dont think i can get out to see them play. with three in-state schools in one venue in Orlando, should make for an interesting dynamic as the local fans root loudly against each others' teams.

i agree that a usual suspect will win it, that always happens in basketball despite the early round thrills of the little guys beating the big guys. probably North Carolina (cant stand their coach, not sure why they havent gone on probation yet).

the Gophas! nice, isnt that little Pitino's team?

my team is the Gators, but i dont think i can get out to see them play. with three in-state schools in one venue in Orlando, should make for an interesting dynamic as the local fans root loudly against each others' teams.

i agree that a usual suspect will win it, that always happens in basketball despite the early round thrills of the little guys beating the big guys. probably North Carolina (cant stand their coach, not sure why they havent gone on probation yet).

Yes, baby Pitino coaches the Gophers. It would be nice if he could be as good as his dad.

I don't like UNC much either as was very happy to see the look on the coach's face when the buzzer-beater went in last year.

That region with Florida is brutal with Nova, Duke, Virginia, and Wisconsin, so good luck to your team because they'll need it.

Last edited:
That region with Florida is brutal with Nova, Duke, Virginia, and Wisconsin, so good luck to your team because they'll need it.

our new coach has never even been to the tournament before, so I'd be ecstatic if they advance out of the first week. but no result will shock me, lol, it is the tournament after all. plus, the team's starting 7-foot center tore his ACNL about three weeks ago and the team hasn't been the same since; im surprised they got a 4 seed, thought they would drop.

Must be a really big sporting event, the biggest one on Earth, because I've never heard of it in my entire life. Please explain?

Must be a really big sporting event, the biggest one on Earth, because I've never heard of it in my entire life. Please explain?

my facetious hyperbole aside, it is considered by many to be the greatest sporting event in the US, its the annual national championship tournament for college basketball. it starts out with 68 teams, its a single elimination tournament that lasts three weeks, and the venues are spread all around the country. people who know nothing about the sport still traditionally enter betting pools or fun brackets at their jobs or in one of the many contests with big corporate sponsors where they try to guess the winning teams. the first week is the most exciting, because that's when there are always several shocking upsets of small schools beating giant schools' teams, hence the nickname "March Madness..." i guess it's akin to whatever open soccer tournament they have in England where small sides get to play the Premier League teams,,

Now you know how Americans feel about the World Cup.

But doesn't America compete in the World Cup?

- - - Post Merge - - -

my facetious hyperbole aside, it is considered by many to be the greatest sporting event in the US, its the annual national championship tournament for college basketball. it starts out with 68 teams, its a single elimination tournament that lasts three weeks, and the venues are spread all around the country. people who know nothing about the sport still traditionally enter betting pools or fun brackets at their jobs or in one of the many contests with big corporate sponsors where they try to guess the winning teams. the first week is the most exciting, because that's when there are always several shocking upsets of small schools beating giant schools' teams, hence the nickname "March Madness..." i guess it's akin to whatever open soccer tournament they have in England where small sides get to play the Premier League teams,,

Basketball? :confused: feelsbad that I don't understand it, as we don't actually play basketball. Ohmygod there's a whole Wikipedia page on it.

Okay, so from what I understand it's different schools/colleges playing basketball against each other? look at me, learning about other cultures :D lmao

whats with the grudge against fifa my dude

Well, FIFA is corrupt. But most Americans just don't care about football / soccer for whatever reason. Basketball is much more popular here.

Last edited:
whats with the grudge against fifa my dude

well FIFA and its referees do have a history of screwing the USA

Well, FIFA is corrupt. But most Americans just don't care about football / soccer for whatever reason. Basketball is much more popular here.
u

Americans do care about the World Cup, iirc Americans had the highest number of foreign tickets sales to the last one....

but basketball IS the more popular spectator sport here. Not just here but in other countries too, i'd wager that's also the case in China, the Phillipines, Canada, Australia i think, Israel, Turkey, maybe Croatia and Lithuania, others too no doubt

I always get invited to do a bracket, despite the fact that I know jack**** about college basketball.

I've managed to win a few just by sticking to most of the favorites ?\_(ツ)_/?

I can't believe it is already March Madness time. Sadly I am out of the loop when it comes to basketball this year. But at least I can still watch the tournament. I am hyped for it going root for the Kentucky boys this year since they are my fav team. have been and always will be.

I always get invited to do a bracket, despite the fact that I know jack**** about college basketball.

I've managed to win a few just by sticking to most of the favorites ?\_(ツ)_/?

ikr, usually like the person who knows the least wins those contests, it adds to the madness, lol

I can't believe it is already March Madness time. Sadly I am out of the loop when it comes to basketball this year. But at least I can still watch the tournament. I am hyped for it going root for the Kentucky boys this year since they are my fav team. have been and always will be.

boo! i think UK is a 2 seed this year. they could win it all, you never know

bad news for Red Cat, his 5th seeded Minnesota Gophers go down in the first real upset of the tourney, to 12th seed Middle Tennessee State.

me Gators advanced, will take on the Virginia Cavaliers on Saturday...

and Northwestern gets its first ever NCAA tourney victory, thanks to major brainfart by Vanderbiult in the waning seconds of the game...

Back