• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Who LOVES Marshal??

Do you love Marshal?

• Total voters
Ahh don't get mad at me but I think he's overrated. I feel like no villager should be this popular, but the people like what they like, I guess. He's far from ugly, don't get me wrong. But I would've never guessed that he would be so coveted by players.

Marshal is my fluffy little buddy, and I love him to bits! I really miss having him in my town. He's my only real "dreamie" for this iteration of Matcha.

I had him for a while. He's ok, but nothing special in my opinion.

I kind of turned my nose up at him at first, but then I got his amiibo card and was like well let's try it out at least. And now I adore that little floof. He's become one of my favorites now that I've given him a chance. :3

I like Marshal, I think he's cool. Him and Julian were two of the villagers that I knew I wanted from the moment I saw them both in screenshots of new leaf, I don't think I ever managed to have him move in naturally the whole time I spent in my first town and I was getting so frustrated haha because I felt like everyone had Marshal but me, and I really wanted him in my town. I never got him in the campsite either, in my first town. He's probably lived in 50% of all the towns i've ever had and Julian the other 50%. I don't adore him, but I do like him quite a bit. He lives near my mayor's house and I talk to him sometimes. I've had him in so many towns that i'm considering swapping him out for Julian though.

I didn't get the hype at first. I think the first time I saw him was when I started to change my mind. I had him in my town for a while and he grew on me so much. He's so tiny! I would see his little head popping out of the flowers. I think if we could have 12 villagers, I would've kept him but he wasn't a dreamie and I already had a smug villager. I gave him away to my best friend.

In my opinion Marshall is cute, but he isn't one of my favourites
Anyway, he moved in my first town on acnl and it was the only time I had him
I think that if I found him in my campground, I'll ask to him to move in

Last edited:
I think he's cute cuz he's small, and his expression is adorable when he is doing the happy emotion ^_^ However, when he was in my town, he plotted in the wrong place and I had to get rid of him. I didn't feel any desire to bring him back. I didn't really think that the smug personality fit him anyway.

At first I just though he was cute, but then I found out how popular he is! I was pretty surprised. My friend helped me move him into my town, and I adore him! Friendship maxed out with the little guy. <3

I love Marshal; he's one of my favourite villagers and easily my favourite smug! He's really stubborn when doing the reset trick, though - it took forever to get him in my first town when only smugs were being generated, and in my current town I scanned him in with his amiibo card, but he refused to plot in a decent spot. He's worth it, though.

YES! ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SQUISHBALL!

I have yet to get him though D:

Fortunately, I was lucky enough to have Beau when I first started.
Now, I have Maple and Rosie (these are my dreamies) <3

Yes, I love him, I don't care how "overrated" he is. He fits in so perfectly in my town and my friendship with him is like as a high as can be

He is very cute, but I personally don't like smug villagers all that much. I wouldn't mind him in my town though.

Back