• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nintendo Switch AC

Do you think there will be a AC Nintendo Switch?

• Yes

Votes: 48 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

GirlPolarBear

that tea girl
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Do you think there'll be a Nintendo Switch AC?

Yes or no? Why?

I think there will be, since the switch is a nice combination of portable and home, but it only has one screen. There are some hints of it being in the switch somehow c:

despite the switch being rather flawed (with tons of bugs and stuff!!), so far it seems promising, as it's such a wonderfully unique console which would fit an animal crossing on it perfectly; but it'll be annoying having to pay to visit your friends' towns :mad:(

Last edited:
Well yes, just be patient.I'm talking about certain people

Last edited:
Yes, for sure.

Nintendo usually releases an Animal Crossing game once every 4-5 years. Wild World only took 3 years because it didn't have as much as some of the other ones. New Leaf took 5 years to do, and it's been almost 4 years since it was released, so NTDO might be announcing a new one soon...

I'm gonna die if they announce it for the Switch xDDD

despite the switch being rather flawed (with tons of bugs and stuff!!), so far it seems promising, as it's such a wonderfully unique console which would fit an animal crossing on it perfectly; but it'll be annoying having to pay to visit your friends' towns :mad:(

I don't have a switch, so what do you mean by 'pay to visit your friend's town'? Do you have to pay real money to play on wifi on the switch or something?

I don't have a switch, so what do you mean by 'pay to visit your friend's town'? Do you have to pay real money to play on wifi on the switch or something?

I think I just figured it out - Nintendo have introduced a subscription thing like Play Station and X-Box have in order to play online. It's free for now but they'll start charging later this year sometime.

In order to visit someone in an AC game on the switch over wifi, you'll have to have the subscription.

im sure they will... but who knows when it will be since nintendo seems to care more about splatoon than ac

I hope that they do, even if they haven't announced it right away.

Honestly I think it would be dumb not to release something on the Switch. We just need to be calm and patient. ;)

I definitely think so. While I think that the Switch isn't going to do well, they'll have no other choice than to milk their big franchises which includes Animal Crossing.

I think there will be but not anytime soon. I think promotion for the launch titles are more of a priority right now to be honest and preparation for other titles coming out this year. Probably after a year or two of the switches release there will be an AC announced, but again I don't think anytime soon especially as they just did an update for the current AC title. I'd love an AC on the switch, but I feel like i'd still go back to new leaf from time to time, as i've spent a lot of time on it.

Although i'm dissapointed that there'll be a paid subscription service to use wifi on the switch and you'll most likely have to pay to visit other towns, I mostly play alone anyway, so I don't think that'll be too much of a bother. Although that's probably one of the factors that'll keep me coming back to new leaf.

Last edited:
yes its due. question is whether it will also be released for the Wii U, i hope so (dont have a Switch yet)

No doubt in my mind, what with the Switch being such a success and all. I'd say they'll announce it next year or at this year's E3, and be released within the time frame of 1-3 years from now.

I think there will be, as it is a money maker for Nintendo. I personally would like one because my life got busy so I forgot about my town for a few weeks. :( I would prefer to start with a new version with a lot more features than to restart the game.

Yes , its not like they are going to do the same with Wii U , after all , Switch seems it will be more succesful that Wii U

Back