How to stop yourself from buying ANOTHER game cartridge?!

daynapapaya

llama llama duck
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7339-9283-7403
Winter Mittens
For the last year I've been able to keep myself satisfied with the 4 cartridges/towns I have. But now that all the planning is done for them, and all that's left is to pass time landscaping, I keep finding myself wanting to go out and buy ANOTHER game cartridge...because yet again I have more ideas for a new town T__T;

Does anyone else have more than 4 game cartridges? Has anyone been able to successfully stop themselves from buying more of them? I need help! The addiction is real

Haha I just bought my 2nd copy, and I can see the appeal of buying more, definitely! But I can already see that I'm not making enough time for my original town. Do you visit all 4 towns each day?

Yup, I visit each daily. Though sometimes I might skip a day, if I'm too busy and I'm sure no one's moving out.

Wow I'm so impressed at your creativity and dedication!!

I had at least 5 ACWW cartridges, but I certainly didn't ever get my towns "done" and unfortunately I have no creativity for coming up with town themes, nor ability to plan a town out. I see so many gorgeous and quirky ideas and I just... I have nothing that I'm inspired enough to want to implement myself. It's so frustrating, honestly.

If you have the money to spend (food, bills, and real life commitments must come first, sadly), and you're genuinely enjoying it then I'd say go for it. Considering how much time you must put into a town in order to build it up, you're certainly getting your money's worth! Where I am, the game costs around $50 which is like 3 movie tickets - there are very very few movies I would like to see if I had to choose between money for a ticket vs money for an AC game.

Just make sure you're looking after yourself, and enjoy a range of things outside of AC so it doesn't take over your life in an unhealthy way.

:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have 2 ACNL games, one cartridge and one digital, which I've owned since launch in 2013. I've been thinking of getting another cartridge for the past year or two, and will probably get one within the next month.

So yes, it's definitely possible to stop buying more games if you want to. :)

Last edited:
I also have four towns! But I've also kinda taken over my husband's two towns, which means I'm running six. And that's definitely enough for me.

There are a few villagers I'd love to have, which would mean yet another cartridge, but I'm going to stick with what I have. I have all of my themes and landscaping planned out, almost all of my perma-villagers (except for two in Gilead, everyone else is where they're meant to be), and another town would just be too much for me. I just have to keep reminding myself of that, lol.

I am of no help.

I have:
Ruddyoak - my main town; LOTR-inspired (WIP)
Goblin - Labyrinth town
AHS - American Horror Story town
Folsense - Professor Layton town (WIP)
??? - Extra cartridge, not yet used; not sure what to do with this one because I have ideas for five more towns
GapRats - I didn't name this one; it's a cartridge I lent to a friend and this is his town

Plus I 'babysit' my mom's town long-term.

That's a lot of towns! I'm busying myself with just one, and it's taking up most of my time and creativity. I do plan to get myself a digital copy for my birthday though, since there's a lot of things that I want to do and villagers that I want to get that won't fit with my current town.

Probably the fact that I become disinterested in the game from time to time and I leave my town unattended to for quite a while so much so, that it becomes very overwhelming for me once I return to it and that's with only one game cartridge. So I refuse to get another because I know I just won't be able to take care of multiple towns and I'd feel burnt out for sure. Especially as the villagers say the same things generally, so it can make the game quite boring for me if I had to manage more than one town.

Last edited:
WOW!! I only have the one game cartridge. I actually did not even realize that people bought more games in order to make new towns until I joined this site. I don't see myself buying anymore because I still have a ton of work to do on my one town. Maybe once I finish it, I will think about buying another.

Gosh. I only have 2 copies. A physical(cycle/item storage ''town") and a Digital(Irisvale, aka my main town)
I do have ideas for plenty of towns, and I have a ton of cards!
I was tempted to buy a 3rd copy but I changed my mind. It was hell looking for my main town's map, I'd hate to do that again for another town. >.<

And it might make Irisvale feel less special if I have multiple towns..
So I'm good with just two. Who knows? I might convert my cycle town into a new normal town like Irisvale once I'm close to completing it. (Which will take a very looooooong time, as Irisvale is only four days old)

Animal Crossing gets so repetitive and boring idk how anyone keeps more than one town.

Well, i was able to stop myself from buying a new town...but, I caved and bought an amiibo card reader and a few packs of series 1-4 from amazon with my extra paycheck money >_>; so...I guess I still failed to stop myself in some respect, lol...

WoW I only have time for one. Just because I have SOOO many games. I'm surprise one of your copies is not a Digital Download. You can only have 1 DD. That would give you 6 easy

I wouldn't feel bad about getting new cartridges. Where I am a used cart is like $25. As stingy as I am most people my age spend at least double that on a night out at least once a week, so as far as self-control I think you're alright!

Whoa I'm so impressed with people who can keep 4 or more towns. I have 2 copies and it's already hard for me to keep up with them! Since one of them is "complete" I only check it every few days to make sure no one moves out... thank goodness for the extended move out times! although it's annoying in my 2nd town when I want new villagers u_u

Running 1 town is such a large time sink and commitment (and I have a bunch of other games on my backlog) that I can't see myself getting a second copy. Not to mention that things are repetitive... Buy out the shops, talk to villagers and do their fetch quests/deliveries/etc. Do your initiatives, pay off loans and PWPs... It can all get mind numbing when you don't take a break. If I want to change my town's theme, etc. then I'll just cough up the bells for different PWPs, change the qr codes, and let villagers move out over time til I get ones that fit.

Why stop yourself? There's nothing wrong with having multiple towns. I wish I had the same dedication as you, but unfortunately I can't even keep up with my measly 2 towns.

There is no stopping it. You are a slave to Nintendo and the Animal Crossing franchise. Give up. (Sincerely the person with 5, contemplating a 6th, towns)

Whoa I'm so impressed with people who can keep 4 or more towns. I have 2 copies and it's already hard for me to keep up with them! Since one of them is "complete" I only check it every few days to make sure no one moves out... thank goodness for the extended move out times! although it's annoying in my 2nd town when I want new villagers u_u

What do you mean by extended move out times? :eek: if you don't mind me asking!

Also ive always wanted a second town bc my main doesnt have a dedicated theme and i have a few ideas i wana flesh out, but I'm still not done with it so if i can't complete one town why try for another

Back