My ACNL clock is one year behind

Mari_AC

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1765-9586-4976
I've justnoticed I'm living in 2016 lol. It's March 13 2016 in my ACNL town... I have no idea how that happened, maybe when I started playing, since it was January, I put 2016 instead of 2017. Anyway, how should I proceed with this? Could I possibly set the date to 2017 without ruining my town and losing my villagers? Or should I just keep living in 2016 because there really is no difference?

sometimes no one moves, sometimes they do. i lost coco once because i did the exact same thing and i also had really bad villagers that i wished moved instead of her. i would stay in 2016 but it would irritate me to be honest. it could work out but it might go completely wrong, i think it's a 50/50 chance.
oh and you'll just find a few weeds if you have the beautiful ordinance.

Last edited:
Yeah the weeds are no big deal, I could always pay to get them out xD I'm not sure what to do... it kinda bugs me now that I've noticed it's 2016. But losing some of my dreamies would be a real pain

The date is also wrong. In your town, it's the 13th whereas right now it's the 12th. I'd say stick to 2016 unless you're willing to take a loss.

If it were me I'd do what I have to do each day, (talk to villagers, visit nooks etc) and go forward and keep doing this each day, eventually you could catch up, all though I wouldn't do this if you want to wait naturally to get shops etc, cuz doing this will speed up the process of your town...

I think I'm gonna stick to 2016 because there isn't much a difference... I want to read more answers though! ^^

This would bother me too. What I might suggest is to make friends with the villagers you don't like, and start to ignore your dreamies (bear with me here haha). Keep TT a day or two forward until one of them pings you to move. Ignore them. You'll know it is to move if you keep going a day ahead and they still ping you before you even talk to them. Then fix the time in your DS and acnl. You SHOULD only lose the one that kept pinging you. Not guaranteed obviously but I have done it this way and it's worked! Then go around and talk to everyone and build friendship again, making sure no one has set a moving date. I hope this helps!!

If someone asks to move, refuse. After that, save and TT a year forward. No one will have moved. Yhis is a well-tested method that is generally known in the ACNL community.

Thanks for the advice! I have 8 villagers at the time, which means that someone has to move in and nobody will want to move out until I have 9 villagers... could that help with the process?

I suggest time travelling day by day (or just wait, but it's done with quicker if you do this) until somebody new has moved in. Then, continue to time travel day by day until somebody asks to move out.

Ok! Thanks everyone :) I'm gonna wait till someone moves in so I have 9 villagers... and wait for someone to ping and tell them not to move. Then I'll try to make a save copy in my SD card just in case... I'll let you know how it goes! Off to do some time travelling

Wait, I thought that if you have 8 villagers, nobody will move? And also new plots only show up in days that you play. So if you TT forward a year with 8 villagers nobody will move and a new plot will be reserved for a new villager when you start up again, right?

Wait, I thought that if you have 8 villagers, nobody will move? And also new plots only show up in days that you play. So if you TT forward a year with 8 villagers nobody will move and a new plot will be reserved for a new villager when you start up again, right?
This.

That's what I thought, too. But I have read about the other method in other forums andI now have 9 villagers

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did it with 8 villagers and nothing happened. No one moved and there are only like 5 weeds! I did lose a villager I liked because he didn't ping but that was before I changed the clock to 2017 andwasn't careful enough even though I talked to a few villagers and no one said anything... it's nobig deal though! Problem solved :) thank you guys

Actually, I got a neighbour plot. But everything else is okay! And sorry about my poorly written text, I was excited haha

If this is still valid, what you can do is have a villager ping for a move refuse them, and then you can skip as much time as you want without anyone moving out. I believe this definitely works because i've done it before but I'm not too sure because my memory is a little hazy. But I do remember doing this at some point.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, but I did mine to myself. I didn't have time to play, so I kept setting my system clock back to the date that I last played and repeat that a dozen more times, and now I'm currently in July/August 2016 in all of my towns, slowly trying to creep forward and get back on track.

Back