• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like the extended villager move-out time?

Spooky.

Lonely Heart
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
Ever since the update, the length of time it takes for a villager to move out is now 10 days.

Do you find you like this update, or is it too long?

Personally, I find it to be way too long. I can see it being useful for people who don't play that often, but it just seems like too much, especially when you're eager to get a villager out to move in a new one. I was excited when a villager I wanted out pinged to move on the 8th, to announce he was leaving on the 18th. Unless I time travel, waiting is going to be so frustrating.

What do you guys think about it?

Well, at the moment, I feel like it's too long. But that's because I was trying to move out villagers naturally and I hate having to wait 10 days >.< Especially when a voided villager ends up taking the place of the old villager right away, then you gotta wait another 10+ days for a spot to be free again. But I assume that once all my dreamies have moved in, I'll begin to appreciate the extension.

Absolutely not.

However, my villagers often ask for a move out period of 5-6 days...
So it all depends on the probability.
In my old town, Kiki asked for 6 days, while Bud asked for 10.

I like it, because it gives me more time to catch who is moving. I have all of my dreamies, so before it was always a nightmare to find out who was moving. Sometimes I would talk to like four different villagers repeatedly until they ran out of dialogue and no one would say anyone was planning on moving even if someone was. It was really frustrating because I was always scared someone would move out on me without saying anything like countless other times. Now it gives me more time so I don't have to worry.

I get why it would be frustrating though. I need to move Victoria out in my second town because she is in a bad spot, but I have to wait days for her to ask if she will even ask at all.

i'm glad that they've done that now because i have all of the villagers i want and i don't want any of them moving out. it would be annoying if you're trying to move out villagers frequently. i'm glad i got through with that

Last edited:
Hmm, I didn't think of the plus side of not losing dreamies as easily.
It's still frustrating to get rid of ones you don't want. I still have 4 villagers to move out, that'll take well over a month. *weeps forever*

I only just noticed how long it takes for them to move out. Yesterday, Stitches said he was going to move out on the 21st (it was the 11th at the time). I was just like, "Wow, I thought it was only like 5 days."

Hmm, I didn't think of the plus side of not losing dreamies as easily.
It's still frustrating to get rid of ones you don't want. I still have 4 villagers to move out, that'll take well over a month. *weeps forever*

Do you have their amiibo cards, by any chance?

Do you have their amiibo cards, by any chance?

No I don't, which is what really sucks. I can't just kick out the villagers I want out.
I'm broke because of school too, so I can't even afford to buy them.

I don't mind it for the most part. For my main town, it's incredibly useful in case I take a break from playing or get too busy. Prior the update, I was always panicking about any of my villagers moving away (1 of my dreamies escaped) so the update made it so much better. It also helps that you can use amiibo cards to kick out villagers (as long as you have the villager you want on hand or can get someone) so if you accidentally lose a dreamie, then it's not a complete loss. The 16 villager cycle was way too much trouble before and I'm so, so glad the amiibo cards bypasses it now.

As for my second town, the wait is a little annoying because I don't time-travel (the only time I do is for plot resetting). It could be worse like how it was before.

Yes and no. I'm glad it's now longer because it can be useful for when I want to take a break or when I'm busy with other things. But when I got nothing else to do, I feel like villagers take too long to move out. Sometimes I'll even TT just to make the move-out quicker. But it doesn't bother me too much, so I'm happy to wait for a long time for it to happen.

When you are trying to move villagers out, no, but when you have already obtained all of your favorites, then yes.

It's a pain when you cycle out villagers naturally (good thing I'm not anymore) and a blessing if you don't play as often.

I don't really care for it. I do like the fact that if you were gone long while a villager is planning to move out, you get an extra 10 days or a week to figure it out. But I do hate how you have to time travel to the exact date the villager was moving even longer to get a certain villager out.

I think it should be extended to 20-30 days. Lol

I think it's nice because I have all my villagers together, I wish they could change how often they ping instead, because with my majority being amiibo villagers my three natural villagers in Salem keep asking to leave like every day and they're my besties. =[

In my point of view, I'm trying to get their pictures, so the extended time really helps me when I'm taking breaks (especially when I'm at school and don't have the time to play). Even after 3-4 days of not playing, I get really worried somebody moved out already.

I like the extended moveout time, just because it's easier to stop a wanted villager from accidentally moving out. Yes, it can be frustrating waiting for bad villagers to move out, but I think it's worth it.

Back