Do you like the extended villager move-out time?

Yes in my old town, no in my new town. I don't time travel anymore so it's really convenient that they take so long to move out. I've moved onto playing other games and my 2nd town mainly so I feel better that I don't have to check back every other day :p However, I really need someone to leave in my new town and it's taking so long.

I'm very happy with this change. You used to have to practically interrogate your villagers to make sure that no one was moving if you didn't spend a significant amount of time in game. I lost Muffy, even though I did talk my villagers' ears off - no one told me. Now I don't have to be as proactive. I can enjoy the game more now, because it isn't all about making sure you don't lose your favourites.

Last edited:
Of course I like it, although I try to play atleast everyday or every two days sometimes I find myself not wanting to play, and knowing I have 10 days to stop someone from moving is a relief for me personally. Although I see it can become frustrating for those who have a villager in their town that's in the way of a public work or they really hate, because it's such a long wait for them to leave. I don't mind waiting though, i've always been a patient person, so villager move out dates have never been much of a bother to me if they're set ages away aslong as they're moving away tbh. I hadn't played in a while, and I recently had June ping me to move and she's moving on the 14th a day from now. Not too sure if it's because I hadn't played for a long time that it was that soon of a move out date though.

Last edited:
I love this update. If I go a few days without being able to check on my town, and I find someone pinging me to move, I know I have an ample window of opportunity to keep them al in my town. I love each and every villager I have.

I LOOOVE the extended move out time! With twelve active towns, it gives me a nice, cushy berth to make certain no one leaves if I take a day or a week off. I rarely do, lol, but if something unexpected came up, I am thankful for the longer time span to find and stop a pinger from leaving. I also have the back up of having almost everyone's amino cards just in case the unthinkable happened and I lost someone. But yes, I absolutely love this change. That and the villager no longer getting sick are two of my favorite new updates for the game.

If you don't have all of your "dreamies", it can be a bother. :/
But if you DO have all of them, then it's honestly a blessing it seems. :eek:
Right now don't have them all, but when I do, my opinion towards this would be positive. :p

It helps when TT'ing because you'll have bigger margin of error in case you forgot to talk to one of your villagers (who turns out to be on the move).

Yes because it gives me more time to stop them from moving. If I wanted anyone gone fast, I can just TT.

Honestly, I haven't really noticed. It seems that everytime I play, someone wants to move out. I assume it's just cause I don't play often enough haha.

I LOOOVE the extended move out time! With twelve active towns, it gives me a nice, cushy berth to make certain no one leaves if I take a day or a week off. I rarely do, lol, but if something unexpected came up, I am thankful for the longer time span to find and stop a pinger from leaving. I also have the back up of having almost everyone's amino cards just in case the unthinkable happened and I lost someone. But yes, I absolutely love this change. That and the villager no longer getting sick are two of my favorite new updates for the game.

Do villagers really not get sick anymore? That makes me sad because I've never experienced that yet and now I guess I never will :(

I think it's a good length when you all your villagers in your town that you want, but when you're trying to move villagers out for new villagers it can be slightly too long! (especially if you dont have amiibo cards! )

I suppose it's great when you have all your dreamies and whatnot, but it sucks when you're moving out hideous villagers and time just drags on...

I don't see why Nintendo couldn't just have Isabelle notify us when an animal is thinking of moving, and continue to remind us every day until they box up. The root problem is players not always knowing until it's too late, because they weren't pinged, so Isabelle being an reminder would surely work much better. The first day she could say 'X animal is thinking of moving', then 2 days later, 'X animal has found a town' and then 'X animal is packing their belongings on this date'. Whether the wait time is long or short, at least you'd be guaranteed to know about it with that many reminders.

I didn't realize that was thanks to the update. I really appreciate because now that I have all of my dreamies in my town, there isn't anyone who could move out without me being devastated. I had lost Fauna because of this a while back, but thankfully I was able to cycle out villagers and get her back.

Back