• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

No new villager plot after 7 days??

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
I'm doing the reset trick, so I TT'd to 7 days in the future on my 3DS clock, then started up as a new character. I tried this three times and have yet to see a plot appear... I read that 7 days is the most it takes. I currently have 8 villagers, so i'm not full...

Is it possible that since the update extended the move-out period, the move-in period has been extended too? That does seem awfully long though.

Is it possible that since the update extended the move-out period, the move-in period has been extended too? That does seem awfully long though.
Hmm I didn't realize they did that... maybe i'll travel a few days farther and see. Thanks!

So I TT'd two more days ahead, a total of 9 days, and STILL no plot!!! Anyone have any insight?

This happened to me in my cycling town once.It turned out that the empty house of the villager that had just moved was still in my town.I started TTing the same day the villager moved(so their house was still in town)and not the day after when their house would be gone and the game would then recognize that I had just eight villagers and thus start generating new villager plots.

Edit:By the way,are you using the game clock to TT or the 3DS clock?

Last edited:
You have to load the game the day after you move a villager out and then jump day by day with a new character, saving each time there are no plots. after the seven days, there will always be a plot. Rule of thumb: Save you new character if there are no plots, reset if there are. Then move forward a day and try again. The way I do this is 100% foolproof, so if it doesn't work for you, you might be doing something wrong. I messed up a lot when I first started doing this. I eventually figured it out, though, and I'm sure you will, too.

This happened to me the other day. My 9th villager moved out (their house was gone from my town), so I TT'd and loaded up my mayor for the next day at 5:59am(because the new day technically starts at 6am). I saved/quit, then made a new character, checking for plots. This continued for several days, with no new plots. On one of the days, after checking with my new character that there was no new plot, I loaded up my mayor, figuring it was safe. To my surprise, Isabelle told me that someone new had moved in! The new villager's house was fully built and everything.

Reading SkylaF's comment, I guess it was because I didn't save each day when there wasn't a new plot :/ Now I know!

This happened to me in my cycling town once.It turned out that the empty house of the villager that had just moved was still in my town.I started TTing the same day the villager moved(so their house was still in town)and not the day after when their house would be gone and the game would then recognize that I had just eight villagers and thus start generating new villager plots.

Edit:By the way,are you using the game clock to TT or the 3DS clock?
Ohhhh that makes sense. I use the 3DS clock :)
Thanks so much!

Did you adopt a villager or invite them through the campsite? I'm fairly sure when you have 8 villagers, the last two need to be invited in somehow, don't they?

Did you adopt a villager or invite them through the campsite? I'm fairly sure when you have 8 villagers, the last two need to be invited in somehow, don't they?

Nope, if you have less than 9 villagers the game will automatically move someone into your town.

Last edited:
Back