Old Eggs
Switch
4321-2546-0916
Pumpkin Pie
Tasty Cake
Kirby Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
What do you think are the best protagonist designs? these are by design of course so dont really do it by how they acted in-game. im curious to see what the most popular outfit is! please explain why you chose what you did ^^ you can pick both a boy or girl or both :D this also counts outfits you made in X/Y and sun/moon if you want

for girl protagonists, i loved lyra's outfit ever since i saw it. yet its the only game i havent played. i mostly like it because shes basically in hello kitty cosplay (giant bow, overalls, red/white colors). im a huge sanrio fan so ofc when i saw her i loved it. when i first saw her i thought pokemon and sanrio did some kind of brand deal haha. rosa is a close 2nd

for boys, hilbert's outfit is very casual compared to the other protagonists (nate was a huge step away from this LOL his outfit is something) and it just looks like something i would wear irl. although, he kind of broke his jacket zipper lol. lucas from pokemon platinum is a close 2nd

I like the girl from Pokemon Crystal and the girl from Ruby / Sapphire. The one from Ruby / Sapphire is my favorite because I love the hairstyle with the bandana.

My favorite guy is Wes from Pok?mon Colosseum. His outfit is so fun I have cosplayed him at anime conventions.

Girl: Hilda from BW. She has one of the most mature female designs in the game. It felt nice because we're so used to the protagonists being fresh out of middleschool.

Boy: Ethan from HG/SS

I liked Dawn's design the best. Her aesthetic appearance seemed the most similar to mine.

My favorite female design is Dawn in platinum, my favorite male one is the guy from black/white 2.

Male: Ethan - HeartGold/SoulSilver

Female: Hilda - Black/White

Hilda and Hilbert are the best designs for me. I think their outfits really suited their characters. After Hilbert, I feel like the male designs all look way too similar (i.e. all wearing blue). I do like May, Rosa, Kris, Leaf, Serena's designs. For the guys, I like FRLG Red and Lucas's design. The guys are more of a miss for me. :p

Lucas and Dawn's designs are my favourite and Rosa (Black/White 2 Female trainer) is behind them.

For guy, I would honestly say either Gold or Red

For girl, Kris definitely. She needs more recognition and I'm still annoyed by the fact that she got replaced by Lyra in HG/SS

Probably the Ruby/Sapphire protags are my favorite designs, because they seem the most unique (followed closely in that aspect by Diamond/Pearl). Especially in recent games I haven't really dug the protag designs, i mean i get that a "blank slate" character is good for the whole character customization thing but i feel like even the starting clothes could have some more character to them.

I like the female protags design from black and white 2 (Rosa), sad that she wasn't an updated version of Hilda but i'm a sucker for buns. Her outfit was just so cutesy, and that's why I liked it I thought it was super cute. imo you don't really have cutesy protag outfits that often in pokemon games, they're more practical and sports esque.

Last edited:
Honestly, the main chara protags it would be Hilda for female... Yet, I really loved Bianca.

Cheren, although he's not a main character I suppose, but a supporting one.

... Wait, I remember my absolute favorite! Either Drasna or Roxie. <3

Back