• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Any Tips How to Get a Switch this late?

StarUrchin

🍙 Nom, nom 🍙
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Leif
Flea
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Red Rose
Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Pikachu Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
One, I don't want to get one that's like 50+ the original price. *cough* amazon. Does anyone have any tips where to find one. I called my Target and still no stock after the release, but I will try to go to Best Buy today to check if they are in stock :/

Do you NEED it RIGHT now? I remember when we had to get our Wii a month later because they were out of stock basically everywhere in my province. It ended up being worth the wait.

Well, I really wanted to play BOTW. I was supposed to get it on release but for a reason didnt xP

You get a used Wii U play it on there. Honestly.

Retailers at this point don't know when the next stocking is going to happen. So your options are wait, or buy it from someone selling one at a higher price. I do not recommend the latter. You could try calling your local store and ask if they know when they'll get more stock in, but there's a 99% chance they won't know.

Get the Wii U version of it. It may not look as "pretty" as the switch but the game is still great.
It's gonna be super hard for you to get a switch without shelling out extra money for scalpers or people who just want profit.
Calling may work, some places may allow you to order online too. Not promising anything though.

Like a couple said earlier, I would definitely recommend the Wii U version if you already have the system or want a cheaper way to play this masterpiece in general (The Wii U also has a lot of good games on it like Pikmin 3, Xenoblade, X, etc.). If you really want a Switch super bad, I would highly recommend just being patient and waiting for a shipment to come in at a retailer. Whatever you do, do not feed the scalpers on Ebay, Amazon, etc. because all you would be doing is encouraging them to continue!!! The scalpers will eventually drop their prices if enough people stop buying from them and be patient (Because of impatient idiots, that is why the NES Classic Edition [a $50 system] is still going for $100+ online even though the system is not that rare [The scalpers have essentially created a artificial rarity/scarcity]).

Last edited:
I didn't get one at launch either, but I figure I can wait it's no biggie. :) I refuse to pay extra for something like the switch unless it comes with extra stuff. I've noticed the ones on Amazon don't, who do these scalpers think they are kidding??

There's still a handful of stocks available here in Asia, both neon and grey but they're all bundled with Breath of the Wild (make sense) and 1,2 Switch (meh) at the cost of $460+

I'm waiting for two reasons. One: consoles have a tendency of having bugs, so I'd rather wait for a new stock of them to come in, and two: my hubby has a LOT of Best Buy gift cards, which would pay for the system, plus one of those Pro controllers.

And unless you want to pay and arm and leg for the upcoming bundle through GameStop, I'd say just wait. Or like others have already suggested, buy BotW for Wii U.

Well I heard on one of the morning shows on tv that they are shipping 2 million more at the end of this month, because Mario Kart 8 comes out in April. So hopefully we can get one then. :)

Go to your local retailer.

Buy it.

Every store in my city has piles of them.
Walmart, Kmart, Gamestop, EB Games, 2nd & Charles, Toys R Us...

I didn't get one at launch either, but I figure I can wait it's no biggie. :) I refuse to pay extra for something like the switch unless it comes with extra stuff. I've noticed the ones on Amazon don't, who do these scalpers think they are kidding??

I feel the same and there will be more stock soon enough. I have mine on order and I was told late April which is fine I have other consoles to play.

I would call stores like Target, Best Buy, and Tous R Us daily when they first open and be prepared to go over at that moment. If you talk to the electronic department directly and ask them about their policies, regarding the Nintendo Switch, you may find they have a system. My local target puts a sign out every morning at six that informs early birds if they have stock available. They also hand out tickets to those who line up. I've decided all that hassle for one game along with the various system bugs aren't worth the hassle. I'd rather just wait for availability to spike.

Hmm. I mean, the best and most cost-effective option would be to just wait for the stores to restock. However, if you're really desperate, just keep checking other websites like Amazon or eBay or whatever constantly to see if anyone is offering one at the regular price. Like, as in check very frequently. Many times a day. Reloading the page whenever you can.

If attempting to locate a Nintendo Switch ASAP still drives you insane, worry no longer. Wall Street Journal reported that Nintendo has doubled the production of the hardware for the next fiscal year starting this April. Instead of 8 millions units, the Japanese giant has opted for 16 millions.

With that many units being shipped this year, you'll have a much easier time tracking down your console by waiting a few more months.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/17/14956344/nintendo-switch-production-numbers-2017-wsj

Someone in my area told me Toys R Us by me may have some tomorrow. I'm going to check it out when it opens just to see.

I believe GameStop will be restocking the Nintendo Switch this Wednesday (March 22). On Twitter, GameStop tweeted "Make sure you have the funds you need when our #NintendoSwitch stock replenishes on 3/22"

My hubby is currently out of town for work and he found one in Walmart. Apparently the dude JUST brought them out right before he got there. So if anyone is near Manhattan, Kansas, you can get one there.

I'm sorry that you didn't get it on release! I had to get to the store BEFORE THEY OPENED and wait in an already formed line just to get a shot at getting the Switch! Luckily I did and I also got the Limited Edition Breath of the Wild! :cool: (Sorry if I'm bragging, I had to get up at like 5 in the morning.)

Your bet bet would to wait a month or two when the hype dies out and they aren't as valuable as blood diamonds anymore.

Back