Uncommon?

pullera

(∩ᄑ_ᄑ)⊃━☆&#654
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So basically I went to a small convention in my local town and I met a girl she has had animal crossing since release and she hasn't restarted it since that day. I was shocked to see that she hadn't restarted not only that she had never time traveled either. I can only say she had some amazing dedication to the series has anyone else not restarted since they first got it? i'm curious I've restarted my town a lot and time traveled more times then I can count.

I restarted my town after the first three weeks of getting it since I was new to the series and didn't know that your answers to Rover determined your face. I hated the face I ended up with so I restarted for that reason. But that was over 2 years ago, and I've stuck to my town since, without time travelling either. :) Don't know if that counts lol.

I've also had the game since NA release and I only "TT" for daylight's saving time, so just an hour ahead/back twice a year.

My girlfriend created her town June 2013 and she hasn't restarted ever. She stuck with it through the years no matter what.

I made my main town on late 2015 and my secondary town a few months ago. I never felt the need to reset because I'm happy with how everything has turned out so far. I do a lot of time traveling nowadays, though. lol

I created my town back in 2013 I never felt the need to reset because I'm actually quite happy with how everything has turned out, I haven't TT either I just go day by day and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
I know people who have only played the one town and never tt'd or restarted, mostly I think because they don't really involve themselves in the community, here it's so second nature, before I joined this site or started following ACNL tumblrs I didn't know about TT'ing or anything like that either and thought I was stuck with the town I picked. I think that's probably the case with that girl too.

I have played ACNL since the release in 2013. I do TT (quite a lot XD) but I never restart or reset my town to get the right maps. I am not 100% sastified with my town layout but somehow I feel very attached to it emotionally that I decided to keep it instead of start over again. I also have few original and unpopular villagers ( like Annalisa, Peck, Bones) in my town after all these years too XD they are as old as my town. My only wish that my save won't get corrupted :(

i got my game in 2014, almost 3 years ago, and never restarted. i had some issues with my map after finding the online community and seeing all the possibilities and learning about resetting, but could never imagine actually resetting. the amount of time it takes to unlock everything again was not appealing to me in the least, so i learned to work around my terrible pwp placement and random villager plots. time traveling is a different story though. i don't think i play a single day without time traveling now, especially with my second copy.

I wonder how often people who haven't reset in all these years play it.
To be honest I'm quite jealous. I don't know how they play, but I would imagine it to be much more leisurely than me.

But for sure I would expect finding a town that hasn't been reset OR tt'd since release is pretty rare ~

I've never reset my 2 towns, and I've had one since it was released in Australia in 2013, and started the other about a month later (it was an Animal Crossing 3DS XL special import which came with a digital copy of ACNL).

When I made my first town (on a borrowed 3DS so I could play while waiting for mine to arrive), I intended it to be temporary, just until my other one arrived. But... despite the map not being the best, nor me being particularly attached to the town, I just couldn't bring myself to reset. I was unhappy to discover both my towns had cherries as the native fruit, but liked the 2nd town map too much to nix that so have just kept both.

I could move my items over to my other town of course, so that's no problem. I'm not really attached to the villagers - there's a couple in each town I would notice and miss a little if they left, but even before the Welcome Amiibo update I wasn't really fussed about that.

I think, for me, it comes down to this : reseting the town would involve a lot of prep work (moving items around) to then have to go through even *more* work in order to find + set up a town I like even better. I just don't have the motivation to go ahead and seek a layout that would "work" better for me, since what I have is serviceable. If I could move ReTail a little to the right, and my characters homes around to a neater layout, then I'd happily do so. But to kill all that, just to need to try again when I know I'd find the same kind of niggles? Nah. Not worth it, not for me.

I still find plenty to do in the game. I can go months without playing it sometimes, and that's fine. I may sell one of the towns at some point, though I don't need the bells. I'm going to buy another game cartridge so I can play around with things some more. Maybe that'll lead to me having an idea for a town I want to implement, I'd like that, it would certainly be a first for me.

I do time travel, though try not to TT in-game, just changing my 3DS date/clock to when I last played. It works for me.

Last edited:
Oh not this gal. I've reset my towns and TTed more times than I could count. Though fingers crossed, I really love the town I have now. 'Sides my fiance gave me his copy of New Leaf so I can just reset that one. I don't think I'll reset my main town, I don't want to deal with Gracie again lol.

My friend bought AC on release date and never started again and she never timetravels. Her town's name is Luin and she is pretty cute!

I haven't reset since December 2013 on my main town (but it is far from completed; haven't even unlocked T&T Emporium but I'm REALLY close). I used to reset my town a lot on my other cartridges. No, I don't time travel unless I really want a villager to move in.

I've had my town since release date. I never time travel unless I have to change the time for DST or travelling abroad.

I've had my town since launch too. :) I'm never restarting it.

I bought ACNL on the release day, and I still have my original then, never reset it. I do a bit of TTing, but not much :)

I had my old town since the beginning but I started over two years ago. XP

I restart my town around once a year because I run out of things to do, but I actually really like playing without TTing. I do it sometimes when I know I'll be busy for a while (I'll play through a couple days in one sitting).

Back