• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Studio Ghibli/Anime Towns?

Duskiie

Adept Time Traveler
Bells
does anyone know of a studio ghibli themed town or anime town i'd love to visit it as part of my dream spree.

Hey I know the last post is from (almost exactly :p) a year ago but if anyone is still interested in visiting a Ghibli themed town, you might like mine! Town on Rimhinee 5C00-009F-FC49

Each house and resident represents one of four movies: Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, and a certain wandering exiles tent. There are also many other themed areas around town including Totoro's bus stop, Ponyo's lighthouse, the Kodama forest sanctum, and more! Each animal villager is a counterpart to a Ghibli character, as well. 1bc1d5453d96c8afe195d60e26fda7452277d0aa_s2_n1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey I know the last post is from (almost exactly :p) a year ago but if anyone is still interested in visiting a Ghibli themed town, you might like mine! Town on Rimhinee 5C00-009F-FC49

Each house and resident represents one of four movies: Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, and a certain wandering exiles tent. There are also many other themed areas around town including Totoro's bus stop, Ponyo's lighthouse, the Kodama forest sanctum, and more! Each animal villager is a counterpart to a Ghibli character, as well. View attachment 215211

Ahh! That screenshot is so cute. I'll definitely be visiting your DA. c:

Each house and resident represents one of four movies: Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, and a certain wandering exiles tent. There are also many other themed areas around town including Totoro's bus stop, Ponyo's lighthouse, the Kodama forest sanctum, and more! Each animal villager is a counterpart to a Ghibli character, as well. View attachment 215211

wowza!! i love studio ghibli so i'll be visiting your dream town too. love that screenshot!

If we have a list of ghibli towns going on here, I'd like to suggest visiting my town Imori! Imori is home to Mayor Turnip of Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki of Kiki's Delivery Service, Satsuki of My Neighbor Totoro, and Haku from Spirited Away (?。? ω ?。`) Each of their houses is fully expanded and each room is a replica of rooms/settings found in their respective films!

Attachments

• imorismall.jpg
    imorismall.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 6,182
Last edited:
If we have a list of ghibli towns going on here, I'd like to suggest visiting my town Imori! Imori is home to Mayor Turnip of Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki of Kiki's Delivery Service, Satsuki of My Neighbor Totoro, and Haku from Spirited Away (?。• ω •。`) Each of their houses is fully expanded and each room is a replica of rooms/settings found in their respective films!

Ooh, I’ll have to visit yours as well. I didn’t realize there were a good little handful of Ghibli-themed towns. (??̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω?̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

How did you get brown bamboo stumps?? :O
hey i can answer that for yaヾ(^ω^*) use your axe to cut the bamboo on the first day of growth. so if you were to plant it today, chop it tomorrow! i'm pretty sure lol

My town is a studio Ghibil themed town

- - - Post Merge - - -

Where did you get them brown paths?

Feel free to visit my Town however it's not completely done yet.

i just visited tomoeda, and i like it! i think it has a lot of potential- i like your villagers (kiki and pekoe? yes please) and your layout a lot!

however as i was looking around, i noticed that the upstairs room in sakura's house seems to be heavily inspired by vambiergott's arrietty room. i don't want to sound accusatory at all, but it did strike me as a little too close to be a coincidence. i know you said this town was still a wip, but i think what would make tomoeda shine the most would be to create a town that is entirely your own vision and ideas :blush:

i really hope i'm not coming off as too inflammatory, but i've followed vambiergott's work in the past, and as someone who puts a lot of time into decorating my rooms and sharing photos of them online and has had her room designs copied, it makes me extra defensive of intellectual property...

otherwise, i really do like tomoeda! the characters look spot on, and i really like the totoro standee qr you used! i think it'd be awesome if you added more pwps (ooh maybe like zen pwps near chihiro's), too! good luck as you continue developing this town- i think you have some really good and unique ideas, and i'd love to see them come to life!!

i just visited tomoeda, and i like it! i think it has a lot of potential- i like your villagers (kiki and pekoe? yes please) and your layout a lot!

however as i was looking around, i noticed that the upstairs room in sakura's house seems to be heavily inspired by vambiergott's arrietty room. i don't want to sound accusatory at all, but it did strike me as a little too close to be a coincidence. i know you said this town was still a wip, but i think what would make tomoeda shine the most would be to create a town that is entirely your own vision and ideas :blush:

i really hope i'm not coming off as too inflammatory, but i've followed vambiergott's work in the past, and as someone who puts a lot of time into decorating my rooms and sharing photos of them online and has had her room designs copied, it makes me extra defensive of intellectual property...

otherwise, i really do like tomoeda! the characters look spot on, and i really like the totoro standee qr you used! i think it'd be awesome if you added more pwps (ooh maybe like zen pwps near chihiro's), too! good luck as you continue developing this town- i think you have some really good and unique ideas, and i'd love to see them come to life!!

This problem will be fixed as soon as possible, thank you for the concern :)

If we have a list of ghibli towns going on here, I'd like to suggest visiting my town Imori! Imori is home to Mayor Turnip of Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki of Kiki's Delivery Service, Satsuki of My Neighbor Totoro, and Haku from Spirited Away (?。? ω ?。`) Each of their houses is fully expanded and each room is a replica of rooms/settings found in their respective films!

*w* I watched your town on youtube!!! Your town is the cutest. The time and detail you put into the town is incredible. Truly, you are amazing! I am so happy you use these forums <3333 You are a shining beacon of amazingness to me right now~~

Tomoeda is updated :)

Please feel free to visit by dream address It’s still not completely done thought.

Last edited:
*w* I watched your town on youtube!!! Your town is the cutest. The time and detail you put into the town is incredible. Truly, you are amazing! I am so happy you use these forums <3333 You are a shining beacon of amazingness to me right now~~

omgsh thank you so much, you are so sweet <3

Back