What to do with double/unnecessary Amiibo-cards?

Flunkifera

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Hey!

Two days ago I got one pack with Queenie, Olaf and Celeste. Today my father gave me two packs with Sprinkle, Bob, Olivia, Tutu, Harriet and Labelle. But the most of them I'll never use, because I just don't want or need them. I live in Europe and trading with US-guys is gonna be too difficult for me. :eek:

I'd still recommend maybe trying to trade for some more cards that you would want. There are several active European threads in the trading area. Take a look! You might be surprised. :D

I usually give them away to my sister or roommates but sometimes I have a lot of extras even they don't need, so I just hang onto them. I'll probably look online to trade them when I get down to only needing a few.

If i could, id buy queenie off of you! She's one of my dreamies. I have lots of spare amiibos that ill never use, but i just keep them because its nice to have a collection.

eat them
While I don't have any cards...
I'd probably keep them... or maybe trade them away...

I don't know if you have anything comparable to Gamestop like we Americans have, but it's worth looking into whether or not you can sell or trade them in through your local video game retailer. They might not be worth a whole lot, but sometimes even a little trade-in value can go a long way

I would trade them. To make the shipping price not so bad, make sure it's a multiple card trade so you aren't spending all that money for one card.

I sold my extra cards on eBay for a big profit.

I bought 10 packs of WA cards for $60.00 (60 cards @ $1.00 each). Out of those 60 cards, 40 were original and 20 were duplicates. I bought the remaining 10 I needed on eBay for $25.00 total from a single seller.

So that's a total investment of $85.00. Then I sold the 20 duplicates I had for an average of $4.00 per card (actual total $87.50), so basically I got all 50 welcome amiibo cards for free.

Last edited:
I sold my extra cards on eBay for a big profit.

I bought 10 packs of WA cards for $60.00 (60 cards @ $1.00 each). Out of those 60 cards, 40 were original and 20 were duplicates. I bought the remaining 10 I needed on eBay for $25.00 total from a single seller.

So that's a total investment of $85.00. Then I sold the 20 duplicates I had for an average of $4.00 per card (actual total $87.50), so basically I got all 50 welcome amiibo cards for free.

That's awesome! Go you!

Frankly, trading is too much of a hassle for me, I just keep 'em.

You could sell the more popular villagers, people pay well for them on eBay. You can also trade them like everyone else has suggested. I plan on giving away most of mine once I finish off the last bit I need to collect, being it I have A TON of extras I'll probably lurk on people's Post Office things and send them my extras that they need, and then maybe do a big giveaway just to get rid of them?

I bought 2 box sets so I got a lot of extras, especially of the "special" characters, and then I've gotten a lot of extras from the single packs as well.

Last edited:
I just keep them because I don't think there are many Australians on this forum to trade with. :/

I just keep them because I don't think there are many Australians on this forum to trade with. :/

Hi! *waves * I'm Australian and I have cards to trade :)

I haven't made a thread in the Post Office here yet but I'll be making one within the next week or so.

I'm not the only Aussie looking to trade amiibo cards either : http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php

:)

---

I trade or give my spare amiibo cards away. This week I made my 4 year old nephew *ecstatic* when I agreed to trade 3 of my spares for 3 of his pok?mon cards. He had a ball looking through my collection and choosing his cards. They're currently in his little deck tin that he takes with him everywhere. Clearly those cards aren't going to be used for AC, and I could have made a better ROI (return on investment) deal than handing them to a kid. But he's so happy with them, and that makes me happy.

So my suggestion is - do what makes you happy. The money for the cards has already been spent. You can try to profit from the spare cards, find someone you want to gift them to, or anything else you like.

:)

I wanted to buy some but it sucks you will never know what's inside the packs. And the chances are that you'll either get duplicates or unpopular neighbors you don't like nor other players. I was thinking about making some event if you live in a big city in which people can gather and trade cards with each other.

Last edited:
Back