• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Paranormal Discussion [enter at own risk]

Do you believe in the supernatural/paranormal?

• Yes

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I'm a bit skeptical

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Some aspects, yes

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • I'd like to see more evidence of it

• Unsure

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

arle

An actual schlond poofa
Bells
Switch
6301-2477-5423
Leif
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Violet
Tasty Cake
I haven't seen a recent thread for something like this, and I really love to hear people's stories and experiences!

Have you seen a ghost before? Did you accidentally summon a demon while practicing for your Latin final? Got a picture of bigfoot you want to share? Do so here!

Feel free to discuss spirits, demons, cryptids, and so on here! Post a personal story, discuss theories, hide under the covers from that creak you just heard on the stairs.

I'll share my story of my haunted apartment another day.

Please, if you don't believe in the supernatural/paranormal, you may join us in discussion, but please be respectful of people's views and experiences. You can ask questions to gain a better understanding, but again, respect.
For this same reason, I ask that we keep personal discussion of religion in this thread to a minimum.

tumblr_inline_niynf50Owx1ry72eo.png
Thank you for understanding. Be nice to each other.
tumblr_inline_niynf50Owx1ry72eo.png

Some stories/photos/etc posted here may frighten or upset you, so browse at your own risk!

When posting photos and stories, please follow the community guidelines.

tumblr_ne8i3zzez11srq653o2_500.gif

KlNW8.gif

I HAVE ARRIVED

To be honest, I am a bit skeptical but I believe in it somewhat. The paranormal experiences I've had were definitely ghosts 100%, but I also believe in science so I'm conflicted.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love the paranormal **** tbh come @ me

KlNW8.gif

I HAVE ARRIVED

To be honest, I am a bit skeptical but I believe in it somewhat. The paranormal experiences I've had were definitely ghosts 100%, but I also believe in science so I'm conflicted.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love the paranormal **** tbh come @ me

TELL ME YOUR TALES, MY DEAR

tea%20other.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're allowed to believe in ghosts and still think scientifically btw. there's never been anything that proves they do NOT exist.

I've posted about him before, but because he's made a resurgence I figure why not talk about him again. I am talking of course, about my wonderful spider demon. Yeah, spider demon. He's not a spider, he's a demon, but he most often appears as a series of spiders, ranging from normal spider size, to the size of a dog. I have also seen him in his normal "shadow figure" form.

He's been with me a good 6 years now, he's gone away a few times, once because I had told him to, but he always comes back. The spiders I will see meandering around my peripheral vision, just bouncing around as spiders do. But as soon as I turn my eyes to focus on them they skitter away under something or behind something, usually all I get in focus are their shadowy spider legs tucking into whatever they're going into. For instance I'll see them dart under cars, behind doors, and on a rare occasion through walls. I only saw him in his normal form when I had been experiencing them for a good while, I was curious if this was me going bananas or what, so I looked it up and it's a common thing for demons to do, people will see other things, like they'll see shadow dogs doing the same things, some people see shadowy amorphous blobs/clouds, but me, being the lucky girl I am, I get spiders. -_-

So when I was looking it up and as soon as I saw the word demon he kind of, just casually peered out of the wall across the hallway from my door, you know just casual middle of the day, full bodied shadow figure poking out of the wall... I looked up at him and he didn't skitter, but I boldly looked into his eyeless shadow head and told him "Leave me alone." and he dipped back into the wall and listened... at least for a good bit, I didn't see any spiders or anything for a good long while and then after I moved he came back, started seeing the spiders again so I figured if I ever want to really get rid of him I'd need someone professional to come get him off of me. Cause he's definitely attached to me, not a house or anything cause I'll see them everywhere.

Last edited:
@kaydeekrunk i just PM'd you about my own experiences with that!

---

I've been watching a LOT of really great count down lists of things such as haunted dolls, ghosts caught on camera, etc and I'm here alone at work creeping myself out XD we have two ghosts here in the hotel, one in our gym that likes to mess with the dumbbells and equipment, very mischievous and occasionally unsettling, and another in our dining room right across from where I'm currently sitting, all that one ever does is pull out a chair or two. I'll usually say good morning to the dining room one and remind them that they can sit there until I turn the lights on, then they have to go. It appears to appreciate my politeness at least.

TELL ME YOUR TALES, MY DEAR

tea%20other.gif

Okay rite so I have like 4 stories (one of them was when i was little but I was told it happened so anyway), I'll start with the weirdest one.

So basically when me and my brother were younger, we would knock on one side of the wall (I don't know who decided to leave us in the house alone those days but anyway) in a pattern like knock knock knocknock knock. The wall we would knock on is basically a metal wall, on the other side is just a bookcase. But every time we did it, we would always hear knock knock knocknock knock afterwards. But the thing is we were the only ones in the house, the house is detached and we would've known someone was in the house if it was. But yeah, every time we did this, we would get the same reply.

The second story was a few years ago before I dropped out of high school. I'm an extreme night owl so I was constantly going downstairs and walking back and forth in the night. So one night I'm walking out of the kitchen and I look up the stairs and my body completely freezes involuntarily and this orb floated down the stairs and into the living room. It felt like sleep paralysis but I was completely awake and I hadn't actually gone to sleep that night so I was freaking out. I felt hella claustrophobic, 'cause it felt like I had completely lost control of my entire body and like I wasn't the only one in my body (if you get my drift. I imagine that's what it's like to be possessed but I've never been possessed and I was still aware of everything that was happening, I was just unable to move anything. Once it was completely around the corner I was able to move again, though.

So the last story is the year before I was born, my great grandparents on my dad's side died. When I was born, my dad told me that once when I was in my crib, my dad woke up and the curtains were going crazy. I don't know the specifics but he saw my great grandma just standing over me in a white gown. When he woke up my mum, she was gone. My grandma thought that she came to see her great granddaughter and she was finally put to rest or something, but I like to think she saw me and though "christ, that thing is ugly af lol bye".

This last bit isn't really paranormal but I have vivid nightmares of being possessed and attacked and I occasionally wake up with burns/sores and cuts.

So basically when me and my brother were younger, we would knock on one side of the wall (I don't know who decided to leave us in the house alone those days but anyway) in a pattern like knock knock knocknock knock. The wall we would knock on is basically a metal wall, on the other side is just a bookcase. But every time we did it, we would always hear knock knock knocknock knock afterwards. But the thing is we were the only ones in the house, the house is detached and we would've known someone was in the house if it was. But yeah, every time we did this, we would get the same reply.

i would have pooped my pants
terrifying.gif

It felt like sleep paralysis
This last bit isn't really paranormal but I have vivid nightmares of being possessed and attacked and I occasionally wake up with burns/sores and cuts.

bless you sweet child for i also suffer from SP, as well as really vivid hypnagogic hallucenations

I've been watching a LOT of really great count down lists of things such as haunted dolls, ghosts caught on camera, etc and I'm here alone at work creeping myself out XD we have two ghosts here in the hotel, one in our gym that likes to mess with the dumbbells and equipment, very mischievous and occasionally unsettling, and another in our dining room right across from where I'm currently sitting, all that one ever does is pull out a chair or two. I'll usually say good morning to the dining room one and remind them that they can sit there until I turn the lights on, then they have to go. It appears to appreciate my politeness at least.
Hurray for hotel ghosts! We get lots of stories from guests about weird stuff, and I actually got a story secondhand from surveillance about a lady in a blue nightdress who was walking in and out of rooms, which is definitely suspicious cause ya know, people shouldn't be able to get into other people's rooms... but I guess they called security because they found which room she last went in, and it was a worker guy who was out of the room at the time, so we let security into the room and the night dress she was wearing was laying on the bed. It definitely wasn't the guy who was staying their's and the woman was nowhere to be found. Now of course this could be embellished but I heard it from three different people.

The housekeepers say that their vacuums get unplugged daily in the rooms. Doors open/close all the time according to multiple guest accounts.

Hurray for hotel ghosts! We get lots of stories from guests about weird stuff, and I actually got a story secondhand from surveillance about a lady in a blue nightdress who was walking in and out of rooms, which is definitely suspicious cause ya know, people shouldn't be able to get into other people's rooms... but I guess they called security because they found which room she last went in, and it was a worker guy who was out of the room at the time, so we let security into the room and the night dress she was wearing was laying on the bed. It definitely wasn't the guy who was staying their's and the woman was nowhere to be found. Now of course this could be embellished but I heard it from three different people.

The housekeepers say that their vacuums get unplugged daily in the rooms. Doors open/close all the time according to multiple guest accounts.

oh snap, do you also work at a hotel?

The second story was a few years ago before I dropped out of high school. I'm an extreme night owl so I was constantly going downstairs and walking back and forth in the night. So one night I'm walking out of the kitchen and I look up the stairs and my body completely freezes involuntarily and this orb floated down the stairs and into the living room. It felt like sleep paralysis but I was completely awake and I hadn't actually gone to sleep that night so I was freaking out. I felt hella claustrophobic, 'cause it felt like I had completely lost control of my entire body and like I wasn't the only one in my body (if you get my drift. I imagine that's what it's like to be possessed but I've never been possessed and I was still aware of everything that was happening, I was just unable to move anything. Once it was completely around the corner I was able to move again, though.
I work nights so on my days off I'm usually out and about during the supercharged spirit hours which are usually like 3-4 in the morning. This is when I get a lot of sightings and it makes me not ever want to leave my room, cause I'll keep my light on in the room but to avoid waking everyone else in the house I'll either use my phone's flashlight or just make a run for it to the kitchen/bathroom. Orbs are so normal to me I don't even bat an eye anymore, they're just always around, it's the other stuff that freaks me tf out. For instance when there was a super sad man with his head on his hand laying on the kitchen table while I was making a sandwich at 3am, a man so depressingly sad that they feeling in his eyes stuck with me for days... Or the time I was skedaddling to the kitchen and a stuffed Slenderman outfit I had hung up on the wall for Halloween decided to turn his head to look at me... Easily one of the more unsettling things I've ever seen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh snap, do you also work at a hotel?

Yep! I'm a night auditor. =]

Yep! I'm a night auditor. =]

I AM TOO THOUGH THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW

high-five-pokemon.gif

yeah our gym ghost is the only one who has ever given me issue though. idk what i did to make it angry but one night it busted two mugs from our stockroom along with 3 six packs of beer for our lounge (which are also kept in the stockroom), banged some of the weights around and also just kept making me feel very uneasy, which made it all worse. ectoplasmic jerk
tumblr_inline_mpgf8oU0Bj1qz4rgp.gif

Last edited:
i made an "imaginary" friend when i was little. she was a blonde American girl and she'd usually whisper in my ear and i'd see her sitting down on a chair or my bed. i sometimes had conversations with her in the middle of the night and i'd wake up talking to myself for no reason.
i think this was all in my head though, i've seen other things but i was going through a really tough time at one point. i was also really young so my imagination might have been running wild. i'm skeptical but i love hearing paranormal stories.

I AM TOO THOUGH THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW

high-five-pokemon.gif

yeah our gym ghost is the only one who has ever given me issue though. idk what i did to make it angry but one night it busted two mugs from our stockroom along with 3 six packs of beer for our lounge (which are also kept in the stockroom), banged some of the weights around and also just kept making me feel very uneasy, which made it all worse. ectoplasmic jerk
tumblr_inline_mpgf8oU0Bj1qz4rgp.gif

SAMMME. =D This is what I do at work. 10/10 super productive. I've only ever seen one spirit here and it was a little boy with a bowl cut, and he was peeking around from behind the desk in the beck office, which you can see with a mirror from the front and he just peek-a-boo'd around the corner and then disappeared, I looked for him back there too cause he was 100% solid. But I've heard loads of stories, mostly from housekeeping and the people who have worked here a long time.

I'm a bit skeptical on ghosts, demons and other paranormal beings but i've never really been dead before so how would i know, it would be cool though to come back as a ghost when we die, and i know exactly what i'll be doing if it IS a possibility.
093.gif
093.gif
093.gif

terrifying.gif

bless you sweet child for i also suffer from SP, as well as really vivid hypnagogic hallucenations

I just wanted to comment on the bolded quote :

I was diagnosed with my sleep disorder, narcolepsy with cataplexy, over 10 years ago now. I have frequent (10+ per week) sleep paralysis episodes. I don't often have either hynogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations anymore, though I continue to have *extremely* vivid dreams - with a few dozen recurring ones (which are far more distressing and/or draining than the hallucinations alone ever were).

For anyone struggling with sleep paralysis, or experiencing sleep paralysis accompanied by *any* additional symptoms, please talk to your medical professional about it ASAP - you do not need to keep going through this alone! Not everybody who has sleep paralysis + sleep hallucinations has a serious sleep disorder - but there is help available regardless of how severe (or not) your case may be.

*steps down from sleep disorder advocacy soapbox*

---

I haven't had any paranormal experiences personally, though I'm happy to accept there's more "out there" than I've come across yet.

I just wanted to comment on the bolded quote :

I was diagnosed with my sleep disorder, narcolepsy with cataplexy, over 10 years ago now. I have frequent (10+ per week) sleep paralysis episodes. I don't often have either hynogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations anymore, though I continue to have *extremely* vivid dreams - with a few dozen recurring ones (which are far more distressing and/or draining than the hallucinations alone ever were).

For anyone struggling with sleep paralysis, or experiencing sleep paralysis accompanied by *any* additional symptoms, please talk to your medical professional about it ASAP - you do not need to keep going through this alone! Not everybody who has sleep paralysis + sleep hallucinations has a serious sleep disorder - but there is help available regardless of how severe (or not) your case may be.

*steps down from sleep disorder advocacy soapbox*

---

I haven't had any paranormal experiences personally, though I'm happy to accept there's more "out there" than I've come across yet.

I appreciate your input! thankfully my spells of SP are rare unless under extreme stress, which i have not been in about 2 years now. as for my hallucinations, they're not bad per say, they're just a bit weird sometimes. being that it's my brain fully awakening, all it really causes is the occasional fake bug on the wall, makes me see things floating, OCCASIONALLY there's a spooky face somewhere, but none to the point that it cases me emotional distress, as i've trained myself how to snap out of it, so to speak. i've done extensive research on the hallucinations themselves, and as long as i have no other consistent sleeping issues, it shouldn't pose a health risk to me. but again, thank you for speaking up, it may help another individual who suffers worse than i :)

edit: i should also note that i have been tested twice for narcolepsy and both results came back negative, while they can be symptoms of it, you can still get them without having it

Last edited:
I used to hear voices before my medication came along, yet I still refuse to believe it was my mind making it up. I believe it was a ghost talking to me. Obviously yes, I believe in the supernatural lol.

I used to hear voices before my medication came along, yet I still refuse to believe it was my mind making it up. I believe it was a ghost talking to me. Obviously yes, I believe in the supernatural lol.

Sometimes when I talk to myself out loud they'll reply. I was once getting frustrated at my frozen computer and I said "Urg, is this thing ever going to load" and a little girl behind me enthusiastically said "yep!" and then my computer unfroze. She also giggles and talks to someone else in the corner of my room. =]

Sometimes when I talk to myself out loud they'll reply. I was once getting frustrated at my frozen computer and I said "Urg, is this thing ever going to load" and a little girl behind me enthusiastically said "yep!" and then my computer unfroze. She also giggles and talks to someone else in the corner of my room. =]

That's so cool! I'm glad I don't hear them anymore. One of them was really bad and urged me to kill myself and others, then I had a really friendly one, which of whom I miss.

terrifying.gif

ya it sucks, but i don't actually suffer from sleep paralysis +_+ I do suffer from hallucinations and vivid nightmares though, it really feels like I'm cursed. When I don't have nightmares, it's a blessing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The same used to happen to me!! Once the TV wasn't turning on (it wouldn't for about half an hour) and then I yelled something like "I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T TURN ON" and I heard someone giggle and tHE TV TURNED ON.

Back