• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Paranormal Discussion [enter at own risk]

Do you believe in the supernatural/paranormal?

• Yes

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I'm a bit skeptical

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Some aspects, yes

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • I'd like to see more evidence of it

• Unsure

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oujia boards are overrated, honestly. Anything can be an outlet to summon "demonic" entities if you believe in it enough. Same as how you can protect yourself with crystals and things, which a lot of modern witches and spiritualists use. Hell, some people can create imaginary borders around them and that makes them feel safe. I find it really interesting. My comfort object is a silver Buddha!

But what I've noticed is that even non-believers treat oujia boards as if they work, which really confuses me. If you don't think they exist, what's wrong with 'em? I'm planning to purchase a Bowie-themed oujia board I seen online when I get the chance. I don't plan to use it, but the design is awesome:

93560c9af2451e4421484fc6aa885c0f.jpg

i do not believe in ghosts or the paranormal
everyone who has seen a ghost is lying or is a crazy person
like me, i see **** all the got damn time
however i am very interested in the paranormal and i love hearing stories with people encountering said ghosts, to me they are just stories but to them its different
i only have a problem when so-called psychics take advantage of the desperate trying to contact their dead loved ones, i love watching some kind of paranormal activity get exposed even more so

Bowie, that board is gorgeous. And I agree that you can protect yourself through a variety of methods and by not poking fun or intentionally inviting bad things in. It's the faith you put into the "protective" objects that make them work, much like blessing a space, or banishing a negative spirit.

Ouija boards can be a lot of fun, but there is going to be a chance what you talk to will be negative you just have to be smart enough to not actually let them loose from the board, it's a conduit and much like the Charlie game and pendulums it's because you're making the door open for them to contact you, you just have to be sure to not invite them through the door and make damn sure you lock the door behind them! My friends and I played and got a playful boy spirit stuck in her board, and he literally follows her to any communication device because she poked fun at him and was kind of being a jerk, so he plays tricks on her and pretends he's other spirits until we ask if it's him by name to which he'll come out and tell the truth it's him. Basically if you play ouija, don't be like "if you're here blow out this candle" or something to that nature, asking them to do anything physically like that is literally just like "hey feel free to come out and haunt the crap out of me." I'm a huge fan of ouija boards but I have to play with certain people, I am a huge magnet for spirit activity because my energy is sappable, so if I play with someone who doesn't have sappable energy to split the difference I can't play for long before I become super lethargic. I'm a full believer because I've played with a lot of people who have asked meaningful questions and got answers that stuck with them and I can feel the energy of the spirits when talking with them, I actually even have a tattoo of a planchette on my sternum. =]

Since everyone is having a super great time here I figured I would share with you some stories about THE HOUSE. Now this house was a gorgeous two story house, fairly new, so I don't think it was the house, more so the things that happened to me there (bad things) that made the activity so... well active. But serious this house was not ****ing around. I'm going to go ahead and put this in a spoiler, both cause it's long as all hell and to me at least it's all really really creepy. So read at your own risk.

When we moved there it was at the start of my "being hella punk/goth" stage(also due to the things happening at that stage in my life) so when we moved in and I got the old nursery I was kind of livid. It was baby pink and had this border of toys and bunnies on parade. And to top it off above the door was a Precious Memories cross, with a praying PM kid on it. I took it down pretty soon after we moved there. Now the fact that nothing happened before I took it down lends me to believe it is possible there was something going on there before we moved there, but anyways.

The first things that started happening was I would be woken up in the middle of the night, like someone had just shook me up or something, and it would be that dead silence, the really creepy silence, so I'd turn on my radio and try to go back to sleep. I had these accordion doors on my closet which were slotted, and slotted french "doors" on my windows, and they'd often be opened, either the slots opened or the whole thing opened, which I for sure left closed. I also had this shelf above my closet which I thought was a great place to put some toys.. like my several furbies... up to display. I couldn't stand their eyes watching me in the dark, it was unnerving so I started to close them before I went to sleep, and low and behold when I would be shaken awake their eyes would all be open again. And this was a super high shelf above my closet like right below the ceiling, that I had to crawl on top of my laundry hamper each night to close their eyes.

So I started to basically fear all of my toys, I stopped being able to trust them. I was a strange child but I mean, they gave me reasons... I had this Dorothy barbie doll, she had a button in her back that when you pushed it she'd say one of her phrases from the movie "There's no place like home" "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas" yadda yadda. But while she spoke her feet would also light up red. There was no light without her speaking, and no speaking without her lights they happened at the same time. Now I had a bed with drawers under it which I stored my barbies in, I even taped them shut. Yeah I told you, strange kid. At this point I also had started sleeping with the door open because of what had been happening, I was a wuss and so my mom would leave the hall light on for me and it helped, at least a bit. But one night, I woke up, like always and I looked for whatever it was they wanted to spook me with, there was always something, the windows, the furbies, etc. So I looked and behind my open door I could see the red glowing of Dorothy's feet, now I knew for sure that I had her in the taped shut drawers under my bed, but there she was, I could see her dimly lit by the red light body, just glowing away, not talking at all. I hid and went back to sleep and in the morning she was still behind the door but her feet were off, I tried pushing her button and she only garbled, like her batteries were dead, I tried to switch them out and that's jut how she talked. So I threw her away.

I got into a ritual each night, I'd turn on the hall light, close my closet, close the furbies eyes, turn on my radio, tape my drawers shut, and close my windows and then get into bed. I couldn't even get to sleep without doing all these things, so it became habitual. One night while closing my windows I noticed there was a shadow under the street light, it looked almost like someone standing under it, blocking the light from hitting the street but there was nothing there, just the shadow on the ground, just an absence of light, it's hard to explain. I stared at it for a bit but convinced myself it was something spilled on the road like oil or something, but when I went to school in the morning it was gone. The next night when I went to close my window it was there again, same spot just sitting there, I tried to put it out of my mind, closed my windows, went to bed. "Who knows it could be a dead spot in the light or something stuck in there." Next night is wasn't in the same spot, it was now on the sidewalk, across from my house and this time it was more than a shadow, more of a smaller figure, and I could feel it looking back. It's hard to describe the feeling of something without eyes looking at you, but you can feel it for sure. Every few days it'd move somewhere else on the street, but when I looked at it it would just stand still, I never saw it actually move, it freaked me out because it seemed like it was moving closer. But then one day I looked out and it wasn't anywhere, I looked in all the usual places and stood on my tippy toes to see if it maybe was close enough for the section of roof to cover or something but it wasn't anywhere, I felt relieved to say the least and went to bed much more soundly, until of course I was woken up.

This time instead of a shake it was a thud that woke me up. I looked around the room and saw nothing at first. So I looked at the wall and started to doze but as soon as I was almost there from the corner of where the two walls met the ceiling nearest the window was this black material, it was like something out of the Grudge, it was spilling out of the corner like liquid and dripping down the wall until it was fully in the room, and as it oozed out my poor little body, frozen with dread could feel the sensation that it gave me when it was outside. It formed back into it's normal blobby kind of shape but stayed in that corner, on the ceiling, and I could just feel it piercing me with it's eyeless gaze. I swear it was like a staring contest from hell, I sat their eyes as wide as they could get, petrified, until I eventually passed out.

Now this was only the beginning. He came back, each night for a good long while. Now sure we got off to a rough start, but as I just said HE, yes he was a man, quickly became friendly. I sort of looked at him as a kind of guardian, when he was there nothing else was happening. He moved down to the floor, and would be in different parts of the room, and he became more "solid" I guess, got features, I could see his actual eyes now and his face, he still kind of freaked me out but I could sometimes hear him, he had a warm voice and became a kind of warm presence. I used to know his name, I'm sure I could find it in one of my old drawing journals because I would draw him too, but all of this is kind of shared space with other stuff I've locked away in my mind from myself. He'd tell me that things were ok, and that things would get better, and I tried hard to believe him because things then were not good at all. So everything was fine, I stopped having to wake up but if I did stir I could turn and see him and go right back to bed.

Now this all changed, and it changed fast. I had my friend over and she was laying on the ground next to me, it was a weekend so we were staying up and talking and she asked me if it had gotten colder all of a sudden, and after she mentioned it I noticed it too. I turned and he was there, in the corner of the room farthest from us, but it wasn't normal him, his arms were crossed and his face was darkened and I couldn't see it. My friend was asking me what I was looking at because she couldn't see him, so I told her about him. When I said his name I felt this shift in energy, and I could feel that he was jealous, and angry, god this is hard to talk about haha, but it was so potent like I could feel the shift immediately. I could hear him say something along the lines of "she needs to go" or something mildly threatening. I told her we could maybe go sleep downstairs and not in my room and she was already looking petrified, and she told me that she didn't like this feeling at all. She was sitting up and she kind of, was slammed into the floor like her arms buckled and she was on the floor grasping at her chest. I looked to the corner and he was gone, she started hyperventilating saying it felt like something was "scratching her insides" I yelled at him to leave her alone, to get out of her and he listened. She was huffing, I looked around and he was gone, my mom was woken up by my yelling and we told her it was nothing and went and stayed up until the sun was up and then finally passed out for a few hours. It was honestly so terrifying but after that he never came back, he wanted to be my only friend or something and I couldn't give him that...

Since he left other things resumed. There was multiple instances of things running through the hallway as soon as I woke up, like I would look out and something that was standing in the hallway right under the light would go scampering off and I could hear it run down the stairs. It was child sized but it creeped me out to all heck. I was almost convinced it was my American Girl Doll I had bought because she would always move around my closet but the hallway child was larger than she was. The worst thing I can remember was one night I woke up and my closet doors were slightly shaking, like someone had just jiggled them, but they stopped, I had my eyes glued to them when I started seeing a shadow peeking out from under the doors... it slid out side to side like a snake, but it was 2 dimensional on the ground, there was a face, with just negative space eyes and a gaping mouth and long fingers and arms just slithering out from under the door, honestly it was the most terrifying thing I had ever seen, it's mouth stretched like it was screaming as it came towards my bed, I pulled the covered over my head and sat their frozen for what felt like forever, I still to this day can't get that sight out of my head no matter how bad I want to bury it, I can't explain how horrifying it was, because it probably sounds lame how I described it...

Also during the duration of my time there I got a ton of scratches and bruises that I would just wake up with. I think at least some of the stuff was my fault, I've done lots of research trying to figure out some of the reasoning behind why all this happens to me, and I think at least some of it was actually me, and I don't mean my imagination I mean like, it was actually me. Because of the stuff that was going on around that time I think there is a good chance that I created a poltergeist, I really badly want to go back to that house someday and see if the people there have had any experiences because if I did make a poltergeist it's definitely still there because I didn't take it with me. I feel really bad if I did leave something there and someone else's kid had to suffer...

JFC, such a wall of text, if anybody made it all the way through I salute you.

Holy **** is all I can say. I really hope this story is real.

Holy **** is all I can say. I really hope this story is real.

Too real. Thankfully I'm no longer tormented, that's why, like I said, it's be interesting to be able to see if I left anything there because whatever caused all that stayed behind.

i do not believe in ghosts or the paranormal
everyone who has seen a ghost is lying or is a crazy person
like me, i see **** all the got damn time
however i am very interested in the paranormal and i love hearing stories with people encountering said ghosts, to me they are just stories but to them its different
i only have a problem when so-called psychics take advantage of the desperate trying to contact their dead loved ones, i love watching some kind of paranormal activity get exposed even more so

y ya gotta be so negative boo

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oujia boards are overrated, honestly. Anything can be an outlet to summon "demonic" entities if you believe in it enough. Same as how you can protect yourself with crystals and things, which a lot of modern witches and spiritualists use. Hell, some people can create imaginary borders around them and that makes them feel safe. I find it really interesting. My comfort object is a silver Buddha!

But what I've noticed is that even non-believers treat oujia boards as if they work, which really confuses me. If you don't think they exist, what's wrong with 'em? I'm planning to purchase a Bowie-themed oujia board I seen online when I get the chance. I don't plan to use it, but the design is awesome:

93560c9af2451e4421484fc6aa885c0f.jpg

That board is gorgeous.

But yeah, I agree. Why play with a oujia board if you don't believe in it? My comfort object is a necklace with a cross, even though I don't believe in god and I'm not religious. It just... makes me feel better about having frequent paranormal activity? ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I frequently see shadows walking around my house (I saw one yesterday at about 4pm ish), once there was a loud thud and a shadow walked through the kitchen and my cat hissed at it. My counsellor normally says "it's just you being anxious" but why would I be anxious if I'm eating ice cream on the kitchen floor in my underwear???

I've been a polytheist since 2003, been practicing witchcraft/divination since that time. Honestly, I've never really had issues with spirits/ghosts.. until I started suffering spirit illness. In my culture, this is a surefire sign that the gods/spirits chose me to become a shaman, and so I had to follow. I really had 0 interest in the Korean pantheon, but they're my ancestors. I grew to love them and appreciate them.

My main "wild" experiences aren't really too crazy. My ancestors came to me in a dream (typical korean fashion of communication between spirits and humans) and gave me Korean shaman tools. Before I even knew what they were or what it was supposed to be. Another one where they came and led me and my mom up a mountain in Korea I've never heard of/been to, and I knew details about it that I never should have known (such as that particular mountain being the place my ancestors are buried around and a sacred tree where people prayed to there).

Alright so my parents apparently have several paranormal stories, but I'm not too sure I believe them.

1: The Cat Ghost: Alright so during our first 2 years living in our new house, my parents said that they felt like a cat was walking on their bed during the night. However, at the time we lived their we only owned 1 cat, and he slept outside at night. My parents woud say they swear they felt it walking on them, but our cat was never there.

Fast forward 12 years later whilst i'm born, my dad finds a door in our attic that has a plain white mural of what looks to be a cat on it. I'd show the photo, but I can't because the photo is on my dad's facebook page.

2: The lady in the bathroom: I don't have much to this story, but my parents have said that they think they've seen a woman walk in our bathroom late at night several times. My house was built in the late 1800's, and they've said that they believe the woman ghost to be a former owner of the home.

3: Face in the window: I actually have a photo of this one. My dad was taking photo's in an alley for the book he wrote, but on the photos had a window with a face in it. Again, can't show this one for privacy.

I 100% believe in spirits and ghosts and as long as they won't hurt me, I wanna see more sightings!

The one time me and my boyfriend, his sister and cousin went for a walk to a graveyard on the island we were staying at for our camping trip. This graveyard hosted a bunch of really old graves that were home to the natives that originally lived there. We were checking them out with my boyfriend's flashlight. He checked to make sure it was full batteries since it was our only one. As we were walking around the graveyard, the flashlight dies so he flicks the switch on it on and off and nothing. So we all begin to panic. Before we could do anything else, we all heard a huge loud thump (that sounded like something landed a few feet away from us but we didn't see anything) in the graveyard so with that, we all scream and run out at our fastest, hoping to god we won't die. When we got back to the campsite, the flashlight was working flawlessly again.

My boyfriend has a strong sense of spirits and stuff and told us that he felt something around us but didn't tell us at the graveyard because he didn't want to scare us.

can someone give me 100% true evidence of a ghost or paranormal force?

I love how we're still in the age of people believing in ghosts when there has LITERALLY never been a single piece of evidence.

I love how we're still in the age of people believing in ghosts when there has LITERALLY never been a single piece of evidence.

But you're the same type of person who would look at any piece evidence of paranormal activity and call it fake.

There is evidence, you've just never looked. Obviously, there's some hoaxes and there's some that are real. You need to search for it. ^^ The Cooper Family photo is good evidence, if you want to believe it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thing is with the paranormal is that it inconveniently happens in the dark or when it's inconvenient to have your phone out to take a photo or video.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Alright so my parents apparently have several paranormal stories, but I'm not too sure I believe them.

1: The Cat Ghost: Alright so during our first 2 years living in our new house, my parents said that they felt like a cat was walking on their bed during the night. However, at the time we lived their we only owned 1 cat, and he slept outside at night. My parents woud say they swear they felt it walking on them, but our cat was never there.

Fast forward 12 years later whilst i'm born, my dad finds a door in our attic that has a plain white mural of what looks to be a cat on it. I'd show the photo, but I can't because the photo is on my dad's facebook page.

2: The lady in the bathroom: I don't have much to this story, but my parents have said that they think they've seen a woman walk in our bathroom late at night several times. My house was built in the late 1800's, and they've said that they believe the woman ghost to be a former owner of the home.

3: Face in the window: I actually have a photo of this one. My dad was taking photo's in an alley for the book he wrote, but on the photos had a window with a face in it. Again, can't show this one for privacy.

Aren't you able to crop the photos in question? I'm intrigued now lol.

Can't really say. I think there are some aspects to it though, but I have never experienced anything paranormal in my life.

Basically there are phenomenon that hasn't been able to be explained. My own examples above. But if you are aiming for evidence to really prove it to yourself, you just have to look. No one else's experiences are going to convince you.

paranormal can't really be explained. it's paranormal, after all. para (not/against) - normal.

I've been a polytheist since 2003, been practicing witchcraft/divination since that time. Honestly, I've never really had issues with spirits/ghosts.. until I started suffering spirit illness. In my culture, this is a surefire sign that the gods/spirits chose me to become a shaman, and so I had to follow. I really had 0 interest in the Korean pantheon, but they're my ancestors. I grew to love them and appreciate them.

My main "wild" experiences aren't really too crazy. My ancestors came to me in a dream (typical korean fashion of communication between spirits and humans) and gave me Korean shaman tools. Before I even knew what they were or what it was supposed to be. Another one where they came and led me and my mom up a mountain in Korea I've never heard of/been to, and I knew details about it that I never should have known (such as that particular mountain being the place my ancestors are buried around and a sacred tree where people prayed to there).

that's actually really neat! i'm not well versed in korean religion/spirituality but your experiences seem very interesting! must've been cool to realize you'd been selected

- - - Post Merge - - -

there is plenty of evidence to suggest that there are forces and certain aspects of our world that we simply cannot explain at the moment. just because there's no solid proof of existence in the spiritual/paranormal doesn't mean that studies lack ANY evidence that may support the theory. Think about all of the scientific discoveries made since the dawn of recorded time, things regarding space, gravity, laws of physics....there wasn't always solid evidence. Overtime, as it was researched further, the evidence needed to be definitive appeared.

don't write something off so easily

Back