Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So I've been trying to wait until every villager has been moved out naturally to make space for my dreamies, just so that I can place them exactly where I want without plot resetting.. However, voided villagers keep on thwarting my plans, darn it! They keep moving in as soon as an unwanted villager leaves, and takes the exact same spot. I'm really tired of that happening since the wait for a villager to move out naturally is a whopping 10 days.. I want my dream address to be ready by the cherry blossom festival! Not gonna happen, at the rate I'm going. Sooo, my question is, if I kick out these unwanted villagers with my amiibo cards, is it GUARANTEED that they will move spots eventually if I plot reset? I'm thinking of just leaving my desired spot open so that the only place the villager can choose to plot is in the kicked out villager's spot or the desired spot. 50/50 chance right? Please tell me if this is guaranteed to work. I don't want to invite my dreamie and be stuck with them in the wrong spot, since apparently the invited villagers rarely ping to move out.

Hope I've explained myself clearly. Help me! Please, I'm desperate :'(

They won't always choose the same spot.
However the chances of choosing a different spot is low.

Yeah. They'll more likely move into where the old villager was but a few resets (or a lot) and eventually he'll wind up where you want him to. So long as the options are low. Good luck! :)

Ugh that's happened to me when moving in my dreamies via amiibo card. In my main town, there are very few spots open (everything landscaping-related and PWP's are already finished so the only space left is 3x3 spots for houses and paths put down around them so villager's can't move there) so that made plot resetting a little less time consuming, but it was still really stressful.

But it did happen! After resetting for maybe an hour (relatively not a very long process because there were so few places elsewhere for them to move), the stubborn Etoile finally moved to the correct spot. She had been moving in to a voided's villagers spot like what's happening with you. It just really really sucks, but it does eventually work. Just keep trying <3

Ugh that's happened to me when moving in my dreamies via amiibo card. In my main town, there are very few spots open (everything landscaping-related and PWP's are already finished so the only space left is 3x3 spots for houses and paths put down around them so villager's can't move there) so that made plot resetting a little less time consuming, but it was still really stressful.

But it did happen! After resetting for maybe an hour (relatively not a very long process because there were so few places elsewhere for them to move), the stubborn Etoile finally moved to the correct spot. She had been moving in to a voided's villagers spot like what's happening with you. It just really really sucks, but it does eventually work. Just keep trying <3

What a relief to hear that ^_^ I might be able to finish my town by the time the cherry blossom festival comes around in that case! Thank you!! Guess I need to be prepared for a lot of plot resetting. Lol.

Last edited:
Omg I'm so happy :') Didn't even need to plot reset! Loaded up a new character and Shari was in the right spot the first time around! Yayyyyy! This is much better than waiting another 10 days for someone to leave.

But, say I plot reset all day long, will they move eventually? D:

Yep, they will eventually.
Don't give up. ^_^

I have 10 amiibo's. ^_^

Edit: I didn't see the date on the original post, so nevermind. ^_^

Last edited:
Pst Jon, I'm sure they got them plotted or gave up. This was back in March.

I only have a mobile, and the print is tiny. I'm longsighted, so it is fuzzy looking.

The thread was at the top, I thought it was recent as someone else replied before me.

Haha I was just messing with you. I don't understand how everyone somehow winds up going like 10 pages into the archive and not realize it.

Haha I was just messing with you. I don't understand how everyone somehow winds up going like 10 pages into the archive and not realize it.

I explained already.
It wasn't me who bought the topic up.
Someone else replied to it today, before me, and my eyes are bad, only having a mobile.

Back