• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

App for push notifications from tbt?

JiEToy

Bells
I am new to using forums on my phone, and I would love to get push notifications for when someone pms me, or replies to a subscribed thread. Does anyone have any tips for which app to use?

Bell Tree doesn't have a mobile app yet that i'm aware of, your best bet is to enable emails, you'll get an email when you get PM'd, but I don't believe it works for subscribed threads :(

Bell Tree doesn't have a mobile app yet that i'm aware of, your best bet is to enable emails, you'll get an email when you get PM'd, but I don't believe it works for subscribed threads :(

Oh, it does. I have 20,231 unread emails from TBT.

that sounds exactly like I thought it would be

a literal nightmare

Nah, I have these things sorted into folders. I'll rarely check what's in there.

24,666 unread from WordPress, 21,159 from Google (excluding unsorted mail clogging up my inbox), 3904 from Facebook, 1580 from Wowcher and 1448 from Twitter. Those are all the ones that are at least four figures. And now I know someone's trying to break into a Twitter account I don't use. Fun. You have no idea how many subfolders I have under "Crap".

The good thing is that actually storing all this is Outlook's issue. I've also abused attachments, splitting videos, comics, you name it, into 20MB chunks.

Sorry for getting a little off-topic. Anyway, just subscribe to all threads via email and you'll never miss anything again, assuming you actually read them.

Ive done that, however, my email app is slow, it only updates like every hour it feels like. Ismt there a general app for forums that does this? Ive heard of tapatalk to use forums, though no idea what it does more than a browser...

I'll try that! Thanks all for your help, and I'll keep searching for an app that allows me to send push notificiations directly from the forum:p

Ive done that, however, my email app is slow, it only updates like every hour it feels like. Ismt there a general app for forums that does this? Ive heard of tapatalk to use forums, though no idea what it does more than a browser...
There is no general application designed for TBT nor do we have Tapatalk support. We currently have no plans for an app in the pipeline.

Back