• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Catalog and amiibo questions.

Trinny

Bells
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to AC:NL so I'm sorry if these questions seem a bit silly but I have tried to look everywhere for the answers. I also have a Nintendo 3DS XL (new version).

1. I recently restarted my town and I did not sell my catalog. In my new town, I have been collecting furniture that I previously did not own in my original town/catalog. I've been dropping said furniture on the ground because I have not unlocked the catalog machine yet and I'm worried it won't register the new items. Am I able to sell the new furniture because they will have been registered (and will be displayed once I get the machine) or do I need to wait to unlock the machine?

2. I am very confused about Amiibos! I've seen different cards and also the figures:
Welcome amiibo series
Series 1-4 amiibo cards
Amiibo figures

What is the difference between them? Which ones do people normally go for? I'm in the UK if that helps also.

1. Your catalog is registered once you pick up the item, you don't need to have the machine yet.

2. The Welcome amiibo card series are 50 returning villagers from earlier games. They come in an RV, and upon scanning in they will camp in your Campground. Here you can ask them to move in and you can order items that appear in their van for MEOW coupons.
The 1-4 card series are 400 cards of all the Animal Crossing characters. They can be either villagers or NPCs (shiny cards). You can ask villagers to move in, NPCs will only give an item. They will only appear once scanning them with Wisp, they don't come to the Campground.
The amiibo figures are of major NPCs. When you can them, they'll appear in your Campground in a RV. You can order exclusive items from them. They can't move in, however.
-- Hopefully this amiibo part was clear? I'm happy to elaborate if you're still wondering something.

1. Your catalog is registered once you pick up the item, you don't need to have the machine yet.

2. The Welcome amiibo card series are 50 returning villagers from earlier games. They come in an RV, and upon scanning in they will camp in your Campground. Here you can ask them to move in and you can order items that appear in their van for MEOW coupons.
The 1-4 card series are 400 cards of all the Animal Crossing characters. They can be either villagers or NPCs (shiny cards). You can ask villagers to move in, NPCs will only give an item. They will only appear once scanning them with Wisp, they don't come to the Campground.
The amiibo figures are of major NPCs. When you can them, they'll appear in your Campground in a RV. You can order exclusive items from them. They can't move in, however.
-- Hopefully this amiibo part was clear? I'm happy to elaborate if you're still wondering something.

Oh thank goodness! I can start clearing my town up now. :p

Just so I'm clear on the amiibo villager bit:
1-4 cards and the welcome amiibo cards both allow you to invite that villager to your town. The welcome amiibo cards also allow you to buy items from the RV - Is that correct? Is it possible, then, to scan a welcome amiibo card in, buy some things from the RV and not invite the villager to your town?

Yes, you can invite villagers to move in from all those series (ie all villager cards). When you scan in the 1- cards, Wisp gives you two options: to get an item from them or to move them in. With the Welcome amiibo series, you get the option to get an item or invite them to your Campground. Once they're in the Campground (they'll appear immediately after scanning), you can talk to them and then you also get the option to move them in. You can just chat with them too. Ordering items goes through the bottom screen, you can just order things without moving them in. :)

Yes, you can invite villagers to move in from all those series (ie all villager cards). When you scan in the 1- cards, Wisp gives you two options: to get an item from them or to move them in. With the Welcome amiibo series, you get the option to get an item or invite them to your Campground. Once they're in the Campground (they'll appear immediately after scanning), you can talk to them and then you also get the option to move them in. You can just chat with them too. Ordering items goes through the bottom screen, you can just order things without moving them in. :)

Thank you so much! You've been a huge help. :D

I'm a bit unclear on the amiibo as well, so I hope you don't mind me asking a clarifying question- how many times can you scan the cards/amiibo to make the villager appear? If you scan and select to receive an item from them, can you then scan them again and ask them to move in or show up at the campground? Thanks for your help! :D

You can scan them as many times as you want, but you can only scan one amiibo/card per day.

Back