• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hihihi, it's an introduction!~

dearjenna

Bells
Hey everyone, as you can imagine, I'm new here.

Some things about me:
I'm 26 years old, married, living in the PNW, but I grew up in Atlanta, Ga. I have a Bachelor's degree in English, with an emphasis in journalism. In my spare time (basically, when I'm not working), I'm trying to learn Japanese, write two books, game, freelance in design, read, and hangout with friends. One of my books is my first try at fiction (beyond Fanfiction) in about 15 years. My other book is nonfiction. I primarily write - and have throughout college - creative nonfiction and poetry. It's probably best to state that my "genre" is New Journalism.

Other random things: My favorite color is blue, I'm left-handed, I'm a Ravenclaw (Slytherclaw, even - I run a community site for Ravenclaws).

I play Nintendo and Xbox the most. My favorite games are a long, long list, but I can definitively say: Animal Crossing, Fantasy Life, Paper Mario, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Batman: Arkham (I still need to finish "Arkham Knight" shhhhh), Minecraft, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts.

Animal Crossing things:
I started playing AC when I was 12 years old, when the GameCube game released around 2001 or 2002. Back then I had a town called atlanta, with the name jennifer. I did not know how to capitalize with the in-game keyboard until later. My best friends were Spike and Mitzi. They were the first two I met in town. Being a little punk/goth kid growing up, I related to Spike. And then Mitzi was just the sweetest little bean.

Several years later, I am still playing the series, though being an adult means it's much harder to keep up with the wonders of a game like AC when I want to, but I've been making myself take some chill time to just let my brain relax and explore my town for 30 minutes to an hour once or twice a week again. It's been wonderful. My town in AC:NL is Yeux (les yeux means eyes in French, and at the time I was taking French, and so I played off of the same themes I had used for a previous town that were based off of the movie Coraline). Since moving onto to newer versions of the series, and because they retired Spike (but yey for the RV update), my best friends are now Poppy, Mitzi, Sterling and Avery. There are several characters who are lovely and adorable like Bluebear, etc., but those four really stole my heart. I had a running gag on my AC Tumblr that I was going to marry Sterling one day.

That's all I can think of right now. But hi! :D

Hi, welcooome. :D
Wow, you're writing books? That's really cool.. I wish you more books with your name on it in the future!
I'm a sophomore in high school with Japanese as my foreign language class. It's pretty fun to learn.
Animal Crossing and The Sims are my favorite games as well (along with Stardew Valley, if you've heard of it).

Sterling is currently in my town right now, and he is a ... charming bird. Fulfill your dreams, girl! :p
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to message with me any time!

Hi there! Welcome aboard~
That's so cool that your a lefty and you are writing books n.n

I can relate to being close to some villagers, in my CF town I was drawn to Prince and Kiki but in my NL town I never had them so I found some new buddies, Cookie and Marshall!

When I was little I thought Prince was cute and that if I could I would marry him (and im pretty sure I designed a wedding section in my town too >.<)

Hi, welcooome. :D
Wow, you're writing books? That's really cool.. I wish you more books with your name on it in the future!
I'm a sophomore in high school with Japanese as my foreign language class. It's pretty fun to learn.
Animal Crossing and The Sims are my favorite games as well (along with Stardew Valley, if you've heard of it).

Sterling is currently in my town right now, and he is a ... charming bird. Fulfill your dreams, girl! :p
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to message with me any time!

Thanks so much! Yeah, this is new territory for me. I am so used to articles for newspapers/magazines (due to school and internships) that it's odd writing something much longer, haha. But it's been fun.

I wish we had had Japanese in high school. I would have loved to take it. I don't hate French, but I didn't have as much fun with that language as I have so far with Japanese. So I can't wait to continue through it.

Hi there! Welcome aboard~
That's so cool that your a lefty and you are writing books n.n

I can relate to being close to some villagers, in my CF town I was drawn to Prince and Kiki but in my NL town I never had them so I found some new buddies, Cookie and Marshall!

When I was little I thought Prince was cute and that if I could I would marry him (and im pretty sure I designed a wedding section in my town too >.<)

Prince and Kiki are so wonderful! :D Kiki was always a little sweetie to me. And I had Prince in my original AC town on the GCN, and loved him as a neighbor. Cookie I think is adorable, I've just never considered a favorite. And can you believe I've never actually had Marshall in my town? I feel like I've missed out on meeting a trendy cutie.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you like it here c:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see another member!

Hello......new here and looking forward to make friends. Been playing AC since it came out on GameCube and haven't stop yet &#55357;&#56876; Have a good one everyone.......

Welcome to the forums! Hope you like it here c:

So far I've loved it. :) I've also heard great things about the host, VBulletin, so it's nice to see it in action on a forum I'm using. May pool some many for my own site and move to it one day.

Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see another member!

I picked a weird time to join up only because I went on vacation shortly after, still on it, actually, so I haven't been super active, but happy to be here! :)

Hello......new here and looking forward to make friends. Been playing AC since it came out on GameCube and haven't stop yet �� Have a good one everyone.......

Hi hi. )

Back