• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Sad Truth...

The_Storyteller

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Only in the last few months have I got back into playing ACNL. I went through a three month dry spell, but after Christmas I decided it was time again. I've been approaching thins a bit differently this time, and after playing around and experimenting in HHD, I've decided to focus my attention on my four houses.

I was chatting to my boyfriend about ACNL the other day (he's surprisingly patient with my Animal Crossing antics) and I was explaining to him how it's really lame because essentially, the house is nothing but a showcase. I explained that you can sit in the chairs and open and store things in the dressers, and you can sleep on the beds and turn on the lamps. You can even pop the toasters and use the bins. But nothing actually really happens. You can't actually cook food in your kitchens or sleep in your beds. I have this really cute study nook in Mayor Emmaline's house where I would love to sit and write my letters, except once you sit down, you can't open your pockets!

Is anyone else disappointed with this lack of detail in Animal Crossing? To be fair, I feel like I probably already squander enough time on this game without having functional furniture, but still!

Oh, so true! I'd love to have a mini-game where you can "cook" food using ingredients you've picked up around town. And then if you could invite villagers over and eat and chat together, that'd just be too cute.

I never thought of letting writing, but that'd be awesome.

I wish they add stuff like this in the next AC. Otherwise, you're right, homes are nothing but a showcase.

I never thought of any of this, but now that you have brought it to my attention, yes, it would be great to have more home interaction.

Nah. ACNL, to me, is a big decorating game. I treat everything like a big piece of art, it's where I can create my perfect paradise. There is WAY too much to do in ACNL, adding a cooking game sounds insignificant. We already have the cafe mini game.

That's what houses are supposed to be for. I think the creators of the game want you to be outside of the house most of the time doing stuff around your town instead of literally sitting in your basement playing on the Wii U (which is ironic since ACNL usually keeps people inside).

The houses in ACNL aren't meant for living in, they're meant of decorating.
It's better than the real world because we have so much more stuff and less restrictions

Last edited:
Yes I would love to plant flower and vegetable seeds. Than pick them to sell in a store or to use in the Caf? that we design with our own menu. It's in the Disney Magical World game and I enjoy it there. It would be fun to have other players visit our Cafes and order an item from a villager. Or visit it thru the dream suite.

Wished the new items from HHD worked in HHD. I miss standing by the stove and the egg flipping.

It's so funny, I'd never really thought about it, either! I find I'm learning lots of new things about New Leaf just by talking about it!

Yes. I've thought about this exact same thing. The letter writing bothers me most. I want to pretend feed bugs and fish in my house.

This was one of my first disappointments in animal crossing (small, yes, but still): That you couldn't sit at your desk and write letters. It seemed like such an intuitive thing to do. It is of course nice that you can write letters whenever, wherever. I would get sick of it, if you needed a table if you wanted to write a letter. But it would be pretty cool if you could use your cosy writing nook for it. Just like you didn't have to lie down in your bed to save & quit in wild world and city folk, but you could if you wanted to. (Also something I miss in NL -I thought that was a cool feature).

Just like you didn't have to lie down in your bed to save & quit in wild world and city folk, but you could if you wanted to. (Also something I miss in NL -I thought that was a cool feature).

I didn't realise you could save from the start button until I pressed it one day to see what it would do. Months of saving by going to the attic...

Do you guys remember the calendar in the first game? Id love for a feature like that and maybe a notebook that you can only write in if you sitting down.

Back