• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Best Region / Generation

Best region?

• Kanto

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Kanto

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Unova

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Kalos

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

opalskiies

kid cat best cat
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
White Rose
White Lily
Pear (Fruit)
Yellow Violet
Tasty Cake
Silver Mailbox
Pavé
Pumpkin Cupcake
Cake
In your opinion, what is the best region and / or generation? Why? Is it the Pokemon? The Gym Leaders? The Elite 4? The villainous team make the best impression on you? Did the region have the best starters? Mythology????!?! Tell me! I want to know!

(ya i know i put kanto twice but it won't let me edit it so :p pretend the second kanto is alola haha)

Last edited:
Johto was my favorite region to explore. :)

Last edited:
I have to say Kanto. A lot of my favorite Pok?mon are from that region. Most of the later ones I can't tell you which region they are from.

Johto!
Love the starters, gym leaders have a great design, houdour/houndoom.
Also gold was the first pokemon game I got on the Gameboy colour, so it has that on the other games as well.

Favourite generation: Johto.
Favourite region: B2W2 Unova.

I loved Unova. Mainly because Black/White was my second favourite Pokemon game (beaten slightly by Platinum). But the reason why I loved Unova more than Sinnoh was I loved the world. For some reason I was more immersed in the setting of the world. I found the Gym Leaders very interesting, loved the new Pokemon and also liked the fact that Pokemon from the other games would visit this region after you completed the main game. The starters were also interesting, though not my favourite. And I loved the legendaries.

Kanto is on there twice.

But anyways, Kanto because that's where it all began.

Last edited:
The best generation is... I don't know. I'd probably say either Generation II or V. Generation II is very dated now and practically unplayable, but I remember having a blast with it because it was pretty much only an improvement over Generation I, no features removed.

My favorite region is Kalos. I love the French/European-based setting. I love the settings. I love the music.

I love gen 4, it will always have a place in my heart. ♥
As for region, probably Johto? it was really fun lol

Johto is my favourite region, but Gen IV is my favourite generation. Sinnoh is great and it brought back Johto, and the Gen IV PMD games were great. Only thing missing was a better stadium-esque title than Battle Revolution.

Hmm
This is difficult, but it's a tie between Gen 4 and 5 for me
Unova had a great vast layout, a well designed region that seemed huge, the many new pokemon (the are some really under-appreciated designs in there) were mostly great, and I really like the 2-year progression from the original Black and White to Black 2 and White 2. The region of Sinnoh had a lot of variety and great graphics (mostly platinum) and the games introduced a bunch of great battle mechanics that remain in the series today (the physical/special split, anyone?), a wonderful post game area that was one of my favorite bits of the game (also the fact that they made a postgame area to begin with) along with some amazing designs for original pokemon and the much-overdue evolutions added in for past pokemon, giving them a new lease on life and the chance to actually be useful. Every generation of pokemon was amazing (besides gen one, but it had to start somewhere), but these are probably my favorites out of the bunch

Hoenn was by far the most beautiful region to explore, as well as most of my favorite pokemon of all time.
Gen 3 ftw.

B/W and B/W2 were great games too but the region of Unova was pretty lackluster.

Last edited:
It's so weird to see all of the Generation IV love in this topic. I'm not saying that Generation IV was bad, so don't take this the wrong way.

I'm only saying this because for ages Generation IV was disliked, people constantly criticized them. But now all of the sudden there's a wave of enthusiasm for it I've never seen before.

It's a bit odd how the next generation in line to be remade is all of the sudden loved, whereas before it was hated.

It's so weird to see all of the Generation IV love in this topic. I'm not saying that Generation IV was bad, so don't take this the wrong way.

I'm only saying this because for ages Generation IV was disliked, people constantly criticized them. But now all of the sudden there's a wave of enthusiasm for it I've never seen before.

It's a bit odd how the next generation in line to be remade is all of the sudden loved, whereas before it was hated.

I don't think it was hated, I think people just had a lot of criticisms about it. Many issues were fixed in Platinum but they were still noticeable which is why people were a little annoyed by it. Gen IV was a turning point in Pok?mon History so that's why it got so much black lash. Every game has a lot of bad points but they aren't hated, in fact every game has had really terrible aspects in them.

I agree though, it's got more attention over the last while to hype up the remakes most likely.

--

Gen IV will always be my favourite generation and my favourite region coincidentally, I love the snowy themed areas, the difficulty of D & P, the characters and the gym leaders. There's more I could list but that would take a while, Gen IV has the best games in the franchise in my opinion, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are amazing games as was Platinum.

Back