• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How Competitive Are You?

not very competitive, I was in my teens then I just started to become more chill about such stuff.

If I'm competing in order to obtain something I'm interested in (food, money, etc.), then yes I can be rather competitive. I don't really care about trophies, medals, or certificates though since they just collect dust.

on a scale of 1 - Beth I'm fairly competitive. When playing games with friends I'm only salty if lose for like 2 minutes. When it comes to watching sports and my team lose, don't come near me for two days please.

I'm pretty competitive, especially during what I'm actually doing (ie video games, card games). If I lose then I practically demand to go up against whomever I lost against. The saltiness only lasts about ten minutes though, and then I'm over it. (I also lose my brain-to-mouth filter and curse quite a bit. Friends know it's all in good fun, so I'm pretty quiet around strangers.)

I'm kind of competitive. I have a friendly rivalry with my best friend / room mate because we're both in the same career field but it's that competitiveness that kind of motivates us to work I guess. Like, I don't get butt hurt if she does better than me and it makes me want to do better next time. I remember when I joined cross country in high school I had this one friend that was naturally so good at running even though it was the first sport she participated in. I practiced so hard but I was still slower than her, so in the end I'd make sure I was at least right eyeshot of her at all times. At the end of the season I realised I beat all of my past times, even though I didn't beat her (I did eventually though, har har). A little competition is healthy if it doesn't get to your head. I like to beat personal bests rather than beating others... it's a lot more satisfying.

Neutrally competitive.

Real life- Not so much.
Video Games- Depends. Usually if it's for a tournament or something, kinda.

- - - Post Merge - - -

do you need help
oml.
Stop reminding me of that post! D:
Was very hypocritical at that point, and indeed something was off with me. :(

Last edited:
Back