How Competitive Are You?

Soot Sprite

~dirty~
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
Mailbox
Whether it's video games or in daily life, how competitive are you? Personally I'm not very competitive, if I'm playing a game I'd rather have fun. My brother and fiance are both super competitive so won't play with either anymore because if they win they brag about it and if they lose they pout. I don't want to play with people like that, it kinda ruins it for me. I'm more of a single player gamer but I do play pokemon competitively.

If you're not competitive do you play with people that are? Or is there something in particular that brings out a competitive side of you?

I'm not competitive at all... I've accepted not being the best at stuff. Worked with people who are annoyingly competitive and I don't want to be like that. Its too hard to strive to be better than everyone at so many things, so I'm more focused on being adequate in what I need to be and extraordinary where I can.

in real life im not competitive, but in video games i'll do anything to win

It depends on the situation. If it something that actually MEANS something, then of course I'm going to be competitive. If it is just a game and nothing serious is involved, I usually just have fun and laugh at the over competitive people.

I'm the same as you. I kinda find people who are overly competitive to be annoying.

I'm super competitive but I always end up winning in the long run

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes.
They make me cringe and makes me question humanity.

Why do people still use the phrase "x makes me question humanity" esp about trivial things in the year of 2017

Why do people still use the phrase "x makes me question humanity" esp about trivial things in the year of 2017
I say this because it's true.
When people are over competitive, they just frustrate others. I've had an experience with these these kinds of people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not all people would be horrible and cringy like that person.
I think I kinda vent out because I had trust in the person, and to proceed to basically call me trash, and expect me to forgive them?
No...I just need to stop thinking on it.
Not all people with this trait are like this.
Also, I did kinda wonder how someone could do that to me...

Last edited:
not really, i get competitive if i enjoy something. i was in a team for volleyball and i loved it

i fractured my brother's finger in a makeshift fencing match (we used broomsticks lmao). i cried afterwards but ya i can be competitive.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes.
They make me cringe and makes me question humanity.

Well, that talk sounds like someone who hates to lose ;). bit hypocritical.

I think I'm only competitive with things that I know I have a chance of winning. Like say in Biology class I honestly couldn't care less what grade anyone else gets as long as I pass because I struggle with the class itself, but I'm usually low-key competitive in English class because I know I'm quite good at it. Depends on the situation really!

It depends on the game, tbh. I'm very competitive when it comes to games like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis (still haven't found anyone who can beat me in Mario Tennis :p)

It depends on the game, tbh. I'm very competitive when it comes to games like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis (still haven't found anyone who can beat me in Mario Tennis :p)

I hate Mario Kart for the reason purely that I hate losing to people lol. Same in every other racing game ever. In other games I'm sort of low-key about it, not too bad, but Nintendo almost want me to have a meltdown over their games...

Well, that talk sounds like someone who hates to lose ;). bit hypocritical.
Who?
You or me?
Sounds like you are referring to yourself tbh.
Anyways... some of you need to understand what causes me to be like that to that specific trait...
Course... everyone will think it's kinda dumb to overthink that moment.
Winning isn't everything you know...
I understand that very well.
Apologies to anyone who seems to get offended by what I said.
Was just... sad about what had been done...

Last edited:
Yes when it comes to video games, board games, and sports

with grades I'm satisfied with what I get if it really reflects how much effort I put into it or not

One time when I played Fire Emblem Fates on hardcore mode I got so triggered I threw my 3ds at my bookshelf and around twenty five Naruto books game tumbling down.

I'd say yes

Back