• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Zero Escape Mafia (RE-SIGNUPS)

radical6

stop pming me for collectibles
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Star Fragment
New Horizons Token
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
DTAFXud.png

(Spoilers for the Zero Escape trilogy will be kept under a spoiler tab, because I highly recommend people play this trilogy. All three games are on Steam and it is without a doubt one of the best story telling games in existence. Yes, I even put it above Metal Gear Solid. If you have no interest in the game, feel free to read the flavor text, but I will put the basic roles of people down when they die...etc)

Welcome to the Nonary games. You have no idea why you're here, but you have woken up and forced to play a game. A game of life and death. Someone named Zero has forced you to play, and all you know is that you want out. You, along with everyone else, must play this game and win. The only way to get out is through one door, and not everyone can leave and win.

Day/Night posts

Introduction to mafia
Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia kills and other players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, as well as their new suspicions, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

General Mafia Rules
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.

2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
Spam: Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.
Editing: Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.
Inappropriate posts: Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.
Observers' Chat: While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).
Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Mod Font: This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font: This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

[/B]
Game Setup

Outside of Thread Communication
:No (no Discord, skype, PMs, Vistor messages, etc)
Wisdom of the Crowds: Yes
Day/Night cycle: Days will be 48 hours long, night will be 24 hours long. Day/night ends at 9PM PST. In later parts of the game, days and nights may be sped up if needed.
Replacements: This game will use replacements until the beginning of day 3.

The thread will be LOCKED for everyone in the game at NIGHT. Whatever you say before the lynch is your last words before nightfall. Only people with allowed quicktopics will be allowed to talk.

Voting
This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In case of a tie, the first person to reach the number of votes will be lynched. Voting will end at 9PM PST and a hour later, the night post will be posted. You must vote in the voting thread like this
##VOTE: Username

Playerlist - Game will not start until after March 20th

1. Toadsworthy
  2. AppleBitterCrumb
  3. amanda1983
  4. Karen
  5. Jacob
  6. N e s s
  7. Dolby
  8. Glow

Kit

Thanks to KarlaKGB for the layout
Thanks to Endless for helping me think of how to implement this concept.

Last edited:
Do you have a target number of players? I feel like it would have to be pretty high for this experimental concept to work ideally.

/obs for now, may change to an /in.

I dont really see how the prisoners delimma plays into this besides what it looks like on the surface. If you trust the player, you ally. If you dont, you betray. Though I guess on second thought it inherently wouldnt work b/c the preface of the prisoners delimma states that you and your partner worked together, and theres no guarentee of allignment here, and the betray an ally/ally an ally rewards are the same for the person themselves.. And when both can get the "betray" reward by allying with eachother, then yeah why ever betray unless you wanted that person dead?

If "betray" is supposed to give night immunity or somethin extra, that might work better.

in

/obs for now, may change to an /in.

I dont really see how the prisoners delimma plays into this besides what it looks like on the surface. If you trust the player, you ally. If you dont, you betray. Though I guess on second thought it inherently wouldnt work b/c the preface of the prisoners delimma states that you and your partner worked together, and theres no guarentee of allignment here, and the betray an ally/ally an ally rewards are the same for the person themselves.. And when both can get the "betray" reward by allying with eachother, then yeah why ever betray unless you wanted that person dead?

If "betray" is supposed to give night immunity or somethin extra, that might work better.

Hmm, I was thinking you could betray if they did not seem plausible enough. You may die either way, but I see this as a last chance for both parties to survive. Perhaps they are a cop and didn't want to out themselves. Perhaps you disagree with their lynch. This is the only chance in the game besides scum chat to privately talk to someone and share information.

I may consider this, however.

And yes I was looking for 20 or more players, if not I'll probably take it out.

/in please.

I'm not at all familiar with "prisoner's dilemma" in practice so this will be exciting!

The way I see it betraying is really the best option either way. If you're mafia, then you want to make sure that the person you're working with dies. If you're town, you just need to determine if they're suspicious and then possible mafia gone.

The way I see it betraying is really the best option either way. If you're mafia, then you want to make sure that the person you're working with dies. If you're town, you just need to determine if they're suspicious and then possible mafia gone.
But what if theres two town or two mafia on the line? Then the best choice is to ally regardless. If I'm town and I trust the other person who got put up, then I'm allying them.

But what if theres two town or two mafia on the line? Then the best choice is to ally regardless. If I'm town and I trust the other person who got put up, then I'm allying them.

Well if it's 2 mafia then that's different. You can decide accordingly in the quick topic what you would do. Unless there isn't a day chat this game, then deciding as mafia should be simple.

Town won't know if they're town or not, but 2 mafia will.
However, this means you have to be careful to not put two confirmed mafia up for lynch and space them out.

Back