• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The worst holiday NPC ever...

The_Storyteller

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So I know that since spring has just come, and it was Festivale time again, there were a lot of complaints about Pave, and how annoying he is. I frankly like Festivale. I like Pave. He's pretty over the top but he loves Festivale, and that's good. It's Bunny Day in my town today, and Zipper sighs every time I turn my back. He's been complaining all morning, which is kind of ruining the holiday for me. I think he's way worse than Pave. I think he may even be the worst holiday NPC in the game.

What do you guys think?! Who is the worst holiday NPC in your opinion?

I actually like Zipper. He's most likely just a person in a costume, so I can see why he'd complain a lot. I'm sure I'd complain too if I had to constantly dance all day. He's probably one of my top favorite NPC characters (although Jack will always be my favorite)!

Now you've got me wondering just which ones I really like....nope, nary a one. It's pretty easy to just ignore the holidays and play in another town or....

I think it's interesting that Pave is unpopular, I never heard discussion before but he's one of my favorites. I haven't played Festivale on NL more than once but I remember that in CF I was so amused with how over the top he was. I also really love the furniture. Zipper never bothered me either! (I'm afraid of Bunny Day because of the rock glitch, but maybe that's been fixed now.) I thought it was sort of comical how he complained a lot and got upset when you saw the zipper on his costume!

I never really thought about favorite or least favorite holiday NPCs....hmmm...My favorite is Jingle, no doubt, because I'm a huge christmas person. But my least favorite....?? Hm...I'd have to say Pave. Nothing against him or Festival. I just don't really like him. Although he IS fun. Zipper is okay. His lack of enthusiasm is kind of funny but I do agree, it kind of ruins the mood of Easter. So idk lol.

Isn't it a pretty common theory that Zipper is actually Phyllis in costume? She was always mean to me in ACWW so I think it's karmic justice that she has the job of Zipper.

Isn't it a pretty common theory that Zipper is actually Phyllis in costume? She was always mean to me in ACWW so I think it's karmic justice that she has the job of Zipper.

Img, I didn't know this was a thing! If so, that's hilarious XD

all holidays in acnl are boring except toy day imo so it makes the npcs seem boring. i feel like if the town was more decorated and more emphasis was put on holidays to make them more interactive instead of just collecting furniture, i think people would have more fun with bunny day, harvest festival, april fools, etc. and probably look forward to seeing those characters every year. its always annoyed me that there are no decorations for any holidays besides lights on trees for toy day. let us buy those lights and be able to hang them on any trees and houses and projects. how cool would that be...and maybe for bunny day there could be like a rare bunny running around town, and if you catch it you get different clothes/accessories (i think people like clothes more than furniture tbh imagine an egg hat for bunny day lmao)

and the amount of holidays we have is fine, i just think the game isn't making them a big enough thing. imo i think every holiday should have a special character (valentines day, shamrock day, and new years are the only ones i think that dont have a special npc) so having characters for those days would be cool too. anyways yeah lol i rambled so much sorry

Festivale is up there as one of my favorite holidays. While I'm perfectly fine with Jingle and the whole Christmas/Toy Day thing, I just find it simple and kinda boring when all I have to do is hand them over their gifts haha XD

I actually can't stand events where you just get an item and that's it.

Pave.
"Dear god, I can't wait until Festivale is over."
Favorite is Franklin.

Do tourneys count as events? Because it would be Nat hands down. He's creepy. Its hard to separate the NPC from the holiday. As a character I actually like Pave. I don't really mind anyone from holidays though. Just Chip and Nat uhg. I almost want to say Jingle. Because he's bland. He's cute. But that's all.

I actually like all of the holiday NPCs. I like how they bring something new to your town when they stop by every year.

I don't really have a holiday special character that I hate, but it bothers me what they did to Franklin in New Leaf (they made his holiday feel like a painful chore. In the older games, the holiday was very easy and just required a bit of patience as you had to find Franklin).

For me, hands down, it's Zipper. I don't even participate in Bunny Day because I so dislike his/her characterization. It's a shame because I do love Easter. One of New Leafs fails for me.

I honestly don't dislike any of them. I think they're all cute and unique. However, not gonna lie, Zipper creeps me out a little...I also can't help but wonder what he looks like underneath that bunny costume. Does anyone else get Five Nights at Freddy's vibes from him? :/

I actually like the holiday npcs. Though I do miss a lot of events from the gamecube version, they had a nice charm to them.

And that glitch that could make the egg rocks stay forever. RIP. Please kill Zipper please.

Back