• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Visit (and critique) my dream town!

Noopster

Cherry 🍒
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1994-2304-5508
Feedback
100% (40) +
I just updated my town for spring and would love some visitors to head over and check it out/let me know if I could make it better in any way! My dream address is 5C00-01ED-B896. :)

Last edited:
Feel free to comment on my town, would love to get feedback.

Hi,

I'll have a look later.

Sorry I was logged in as my brother again... (I.e. Asutoro is my brother and I posted as him...)

I just visited your town and I LOVE your paths, they're so fancy!

I really like the amount of PWP's you have and how the character houses are themed, it's like a proper town!!!

If you want you can check out my dream, the address is in my signature!

Thanks!

Sorry I was logged in as my brother again... (I.e. Asutoro is my brother and I posted as him...)

I just visited your town and I LOVE your paths, they're so fancy!

I really like the amount of PWP's you have and how the character houses are themed, it's like a proper town!!!

If you want you can check out my dream, the address is in my signature!

Thanks!

Awesome! I would love to have more pwp's but I still haven't unlocked the ones that I want.....

really nice town. i think your pear trees suit it as well however i would also add oranges to give it more of a variety and to also go with your path's theme. your pattern of flowers are a good choice and they are placed nicely however it needs a lot of work. if you want to put flowers around your path and you'll probably need a lot of them, the more types of white and yellow flowers the better. you could also experiment better and diverse combinations with them + it would be easier to finish.
there are still a lot of trees scattered around randomly on the bottom of your map, there is no path there either. i'm guessing this is just unfinished but i really do like how you've placed your fountain and how you've designed around it.
i'd also like to point out that your villagers are a good choice, most of them are in a similar colour theme but nevertheless it's good to have others that stand out.

library:
i was hoping you'd order your bookshelves and you have which is great. however, i would have less of them and add more space for tables and chairs to give it more of a cozy feeling than a cramped one. it is a gooood design for a library though

william's:
my favourite house. i love the first room, it's very colourful and i love the messiness of it. it suits what you're going for i believe. your room to the left is also well done, the furniture is greatly placed and overall the room is bright.
i like how you used the sweets furniture for your kitchen. i think that's clever and you've managed to pull it off. the only thing i'm concerned with is the ice cream freezer thingy. i think it's out of place and should be removed but that's just my opinion.
you've got a lot of nice food in your kitchen and although they're only desserts they blend in with your sweet furniture.
there's not much furniture in your room to the right but i do like how it's plain and simple. the bathroom is lovely and i like how it's designed symmetrically, i was concerned that you wouldn't have a bigger approach to a realistic house so i was relieved when i saw your bathroom. i personally like the more realistic houses.
the upstairs room is gorgeous and has a cute feeling to it however i would have had this in the basement and the bathroom upstairs. it just makes more sense to me

school:
kind of plain but it's fine, it's very easy to tell that it's a school. i would add a lunch room and a playground.

7-11:
a nice little shop, everything is placed nicely though i would have it bigger and make it more colourful.

so a lot of your flowers are out of place and it's not easy to tell where to go at some points since there's no path to lead me. when i go closer to the train station though it gets much more developed and neater, i like how you've put money trees and pears together. they are a nice combination

i have no issues with where you've placed your PWP's, they are all a good choice and they're easy to design around.
so yes, i like your town but it's very underdeveloped. i think it'll look great once you put more work into it and finish your flower placement and paths. i like how you've made things a real town would have and i see that you're already going creative with it.
small tip: add presents at the plaza to give the player a better and more interesting experience
sorry if i rambled on too much about your houses ;

I like your unique paths and how 3/4 of the player houses have a theme ( and stick to it )

Why isn't there a path to Williams house? The flowers look randomly placed to me, maybe it's what you were going for! Also my favorite rooms in Williams house is the entrance and basement. The kitchen looks great, but why is there a bed in the kitchen?

Overall I like your town and was glad to visit :)

First of all, I really LOVE how all of your rooms are themed and each one gives out a different vibe!! I also really like where the PWP's are placed, the town in general looks like its been given a lot of thought to, although the flowers are just scattered around, I don't know if that was what you were going for though!! I also like how you've made your villagers' houses look so nice and themed, overall I think you're town is succesfull and was lovely to visit but could still do with a little improvement with the placing of the flowers, but I am sure you are taking care of that!! Thank you!

really nice town. i think your pear trees suit it as well however i would also add oranges to give it more of a variety and to also go with your path's theme. your pattern of flowers are a good choice and they are placed nicely however it needs a lot of work. if you want to put flowers around your path and you'll probably need a lot of them, the more types of white and yellow flowers the better. you could also experiment better and diverse combinations with them + it would be easier to finish.
there are still a lot of trees scattered around randomly on the bottom of your map, there is no path there either. i'm guessing this is just unfinished but i really do like how you've placed your fountain and how you've designed around it.
i'd also like to point out that your villagers are a good choice, most of them are in a similar colour theme but nevertheless it's good to have others that stand out.

library:
i was hoping you'd order your bookshelves and you have which is great. however, i would have less of them and add more space for tables and chairs to give it more of a cozy feeling than a cramped one. it is a gooood design for a library though

william's:
my favourite house. i love the first room, it's very colourful and i love the messiness of it. it suits what you're going for i believe. your room to the left is also well done, the furniture is greatly placed and overall the room is bright.
i like how you used the sweets furniture for your kitchen. i think that's clever and you've managed to pull it off. the only thing i'm concerned with is the ice cream freezer thingy. i think it's out of place and should be removed but that's just my opinion.
you've got a lot of nice food in your kitchen and although they're only desserts they blend in with your sweet furniture.
there's not much furniture in your room to the right but i do like how it's plain and simple. the bathroom is lovely and i like how it's designed symmetrically, i was concerned that you wouldn't have a bigger approach to a realistic house so i was relieved when i saw your bathroom. i personally like the more realistic houses.
the upstairs room is gorgeous and has a cute feeling to it however i would have had this in the basement and the bathroom upstairs. it just makes more sense to me

school:
kind of plain but it's fine, it's very easy to tell that it's a school. i would add a lunch room and a playground.

7-11:
a nice little shop, everything is placed nicely though i would have it bigger and make it more colourful.

so a lot of your flowers are out of place and it's not easy to tell where to go at some points since there's no path to lead me. when i go closer to the train station though it gets much more developed and neater, i like how you've put money trees and pears together. they are a nice combination

i have no issues with where you've placed your PWP's, they are all a good choice and they're easy to design around.
so yes, i like your town but it's very underdeveloped. i think it'll look great once you put more work into it and finish your flower placement and paths. i like how you've made things a real town would have and i see that you're already going creative with it.
small tip: add presents at the plaza to give the player a better and more interesting experience
sorry if i rambled on too much about your houses ;

Thank you for this huge review!

Sadly, Marcy decided to move away so I've got this huge empty spot near the windmill/lighthouse that I need to do something about. Personally, I'm against having other fruit aside from pears and my apple orchard in this town (I really like peaches too but they just don't fit with this town for some reason). I will take your advice on lining my paths with flowers though, I've started it little bit with the flowers around villagers houses and the plaza, so I might as well go all the way.

I've been on the fence about rearranging the library, mainly due to just liking the enclosed, maze like feeling I've got going on now. I will seriously think about opening up some more room near the fireplace.

Great suggestion for a kitchen in the school, I'll see if I can make it work.

The 7-11 is exactly how I want it to be, however I'm still missing the slushee machine ;_;

Regarding the flowers, I'm just letting them do their thing. The theme I'm going for town wise is just some small, quaint country town with a one room schoolhouse, tiny convenience store, small library, and the giant mayor's mansion. I do have some plans for the development on the south and east sides of the river, but for now that's just the natural outskirts of town.

Oh and I really like how there are different houses based on different things

Last edited:
I like your unique paths and how 3/4 of the player houses have a theme ( and stick to it )

Why isn't there a path to Williams house? The flowers look randomly placed to me, maybe it's what you were going for! Also my favorite rooms in Williams house is the entrance and basement. The kitchen looks great, but why is there a bed in the kitchen?

Overall I like your town and was glad to visit :)

Thanks for reviewing! I felt like I wanted my main house to feel secluded so I haven't put paths in connecting it to the plaza. The flowers are intentional! As for the bed in the kitchen, I just like the idea of having a giant strawberry shortcake in my kitchen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

First of all, I really LOVE how all of your rooms are themed and each one gives out a different vibe!! I also really like where the PWP's are placed, the town in general looks like its been given a lot of thought to, although the flowers are just scattered around, I don't know if that was what you were going for though!! I also like how you've made your villagers' houses look so nice and themed, overall I think you're town is succesfull and was lovely to visit but could still do with a little improvement with the placing of the flowers, but I am sure you are taking care of that!! Thank you!

Thanks a bunch for visiting! I spent a fair amount of time thinking about how I would theme this town, had to stop a lot of ideas like Gym, computer lab, public bath house, etc... They just didn't match up with what I wanted for this town. And yes, I'm currently working on the flowers. :p

Last edited:
Bump! Anyone else have some words to say about my town?

Oh yeah I do! First off I love the 4pm music, I tend to set my dreams at 4pm cuz its such a nice track. It's a very small thing but a good one.
This town is relaxing, love the northwest spot with the chair and the apples. I love ALL THOSE SHROOMS!!! Very fun to pick them all!

Pretty interesting that you made some houses "utility" buildings, My favorite was probably the 711 lol. If only you could make the outside look less like a house.

Some other poster mentioned that you should straighten the shelves of the library and I'm gonna have to disagree. They way you have it set up is much more visually interesting and I thought it was mad cozy. The little nooks are very well done.

The school was a school, wish there was some music but then I'm not sure what to pick, maybe pondering? I might change the walls too, nothing really grabs me with the school other than the cool skeleton and body model.

Your house, man I really love the first room, you really like your mushrooms huh? I like how each room has its own theme, and each one has something in it that I really like. I wasn't so crazy about the room upstairs until I heard the gyroid lmao, I'm not saying I didn't like it though! I liked all these rooms! Very jealous of some of your furniture.

Overall, this town has a LOT more going for it than other dream towns I've visited, You're good at setting a mood, I would recommend using more music but that's just a personal thing for me.
The bottom bit of the town(from Felyne to Keaton's house) doesn't have a whole lot going on with it, I dunno if you'd wanna consider moving some public projects there or planting some bamboo as I didn't see any.
I would also recommend doing something with your beach, maybe plant some flowers there! And if you'd like, bury a wetsuit!

Have you ever considered leaving out clothes for people? Something I always liked when I was going to the more "horror" based towns is they leave you some nifty stuff to wear since unless you bring in your own designs you're stuck with the pjs. When I go to a dream town the first thing I do is take off the pjs.

I give this town a 9/10, BAM there it is.

Back