• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Visit (and critique) my dream town!

Oh yeah I do! First off I love the 4pm music, I tend to set my dreams at 4pm cuz its such a nice track. It's a very small thing but a good one.
This town is relaxing, love the northwest spot with the chair and the apples. I love ALL THOSE SHROOMS!!! Very fun to pick them all!

Pretty interesting that you made some houses "utility" buildings, My favorite was probably the 711 lol. If only you could make the outside look less like a house.

Some other poster mentioned that you should straighten the shelves of the library and I'm gonna have to disagree. They way you have it set up is much more visually interesting and I thought it was mad cozy. The little nooks are very well done.

The school was a school, wish there was some music but then I'm not sure what to pick, maybe pondering? I might change the walls too, nothing really grabs me with the school other than the cool skeleton and body model.

Your house, man I really love the first room, you really like your mushrooms huh? I like how each room has its own theme, and each one has something in it that I really like. I wasn't so crazy about the room upstairs until I heard the gyroid lmao, I'm not saying I didn't like it though! I liked all these rooms! Very jealous of some of your furniture.

Overall, this town has a LOT more going for it than other dream towns I've visited, You're good at setting a mood, I would recommend using more music but that's just a personal thing for me.
The bottom bit of the town(from Felyne to Keaton's house) doesn't have a whole lot going on with it, I dunno if you'd wanna consider moving some public projects there or planting some bamboo as I didn't see any.
I would also recommend doing something with your beach, maybe plant some flowers there! And if you'd like, bury a wetsuit!

Have you ever considered leaving out clothes for people? Something I always liked when I was going to the more "horror" based towns is they leave you some nifty stuff to wear since unless you bring in your own designs you're stuck with the pjs. When I go to a dream town the first thing I do is take off the pjs.

I give this town a 9/10, BAM there it is.

10/10 review, would recommend.
Thanks for all your awesome input! I did do some tweaking with the library, but I feel like I was still able to capture the cozy feeling as well as giving some more room near the fireplace.

I'm kind of a purist when it comes to the beach, not a fan of putting flowers down there, however the wetsuit is a great idea!

I'm very proud of the main house in my town, took a while but I was able to turn it into a great dream home. :)

I'm currently working on the bottom area of my town, and I will put up an update sometime this fall when the leaves turn color, so keep your eyes peeled. (And it will include some outfits to wear too!)

Last edited:
I agree with previous posters. The path is awesome, but I wish it kept going on all over the town instead of just that main area. The flowers seemed to have a theme as well and then they just got wild and it wasn’t a pattern much anymore. I got excited with the designs, but there wasn’t any I really liked :( Would love to see it when it’s completed.

A few years later bump, haven't forgotten about all the comments and suggestions and I'm working on a fall update.

Just updated for fall!!! Put some more work in all around the town, especially in the bottom right corner that was a bit under developed. Please visit and share with me your thoughts!

Back