• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will the trading of Amiibo cards cease..?

RedRum2514

Stonks
Bells
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
New Horizons Token
Yellow Candy
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
I've few cards and was wondering if the whole trading cards thing is dying out? I don't want to buy a bunch of doubles and then find out I'm the only one basically still trading.. do you think the trading forum will continue? some people may finish there sets but do you think new people will come along to trade? basically will the trading of cards die and be abandoned, or will there always be a good amount of people trading?

It's dying down a bit here, I've noticed. It's always the usuals so most people have completed their collections, with only one or two beginning collectors every week or more.. Trading seems pretty active on Facebook, which I've now had to resort to to find cards unfortunately.. But it's hard for me to keep track over there. It might be slower now, but I don't think it will completely die down.

It's dying down a bit here, I've noticed. It's always the usuals so most people have completed their collections, with only one or two beginning collectors every week or more.. Trading seems pretty active on Facebook, which I've now had to resort to to find cards unfortunately.. But it's hard for me to keep track over there. It might be slower now, but I don't think it will completely die down.

facebook? could you explain to how that would work?? I never really used facebook let alone for things like trading :confused:

I joined a group called amiibo: obsessed or something. People post their cards there and people make offers. I don't really use Facebook either, but I was desperate haha. It does feel safer to do it here because it's so much more simpler to trade and check out people's threads.. But it might be a good option to check fb. So far, I've accepted one trade from there. I'm hoping it goes well!

Last edited:
It hasn't ceased as yet.
I've only ever used ebay - at least you get the security of ebay behind you & a secure payment method (if you have a paypal a/c).

I've always received the card I've bought and I've looked for a reasonable price with a seller with good feedback - the only issue I've had is every single ebay seller I've bought from does not pack very well, sometimes a bit of thin card in with with it, but usually not even that, just a thin envelope with no waterproofing.
The other way is to try and swop cards here or a similar site. Personally I would put this site first with respect to trust.

I joined a group called amiibo: obsessed or something. People post their cards there and people make offers. I don't really use Facebook either, but I was desperate haha. It does feel safer to do it here because it's so much more simpler to trade and check out people's threads.. But it might be a good option to check fb. So far, I've accepted one trade from there. I'm hoping it goes well!

sorry for the stupid questions but to trade would one just join a said group and post/comment explaining what they need/want etc or is there more to it?

sorry for the stupid questions but to trade would one just join a said group and post/comment explaining what they need/want etc or is there more to it?

It's pretty much the same as here, but less organized. You just join the group, post on the wall what you are looking for/have. People make offers.

Honestly, I think the trading IS dying.

When the update was first announced, I started collecting amiibo cards right away, because I figured that once the update dropped, the amiibo card values would get REALLY skewed, which is exactly what has happened. Back when I first started trading, nearly everyone just did 1:1 trading no matter the card, but now people are demanding 15+ cards for one Marshal or Lolly. So honestly, I'd be a bit wary of going into trading now. I had some success with trading because, prior to the update, most traders were trying to complete a collection, which made even unpopular villagers valuable. Now, most people are specifically collecting their dreamies to use in-game, and since 90% of the community has the same dreamies, there's a short list of cards that are easy to trade and a long list of cards that almost no one cares about.

All that said, if you DO want to continue trading, I highly recommend the amiiboswap Reddit.

Back