• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does nintendo care?

When you have to pay 50 dollars for a game that should be like 10, which is still a little too high, I have doubts about them caring.

Also, any reason why METAL MARIO AND PINK GOLD PEACH were added in Mario Sports Superstars?

Last edited:
I would like to think they do, but at the end of the day Nintendo is a business. As some others have said, quite a lot of the more recent games lack a lot of the fun the older ones do, and some are just lazy (Mario Sports Superstars and 1, 2, Switch). They definitely need to step it up for the switch, or nostalgia just won't continue to cut it for potential buyers and they'll spend their money elsewhere.

Additional issues are its IP; many swear by it and will throw their wallets at it without a second thought. Personally, I don't understand this. I generally don't 'buy a Mario game' because 'it's a Mario game'-- but a large number of Nintendo fans will, and this is where the laziness sources from. I will buy a Mario game if it legitimately looks like a new game with fresh content and design.

It would be nice to see them actually do something new; but they don't go out of their way to try or develop hardware that is suitable for software development (see my earlier post). If their audience will automatically buy anything with a logo on it, why bother make improvements? Every time a console comes out, your titles are:

- (New!) Mario Bros
This is the same as the last Mario Bros. game, but will have a new title for marketing pizzazz such as 'Mario Twinkle Park' or 'Mario Sky Magic'. It will be the exact same as previous releases, only will feature a new item gimmick and slightly less polygonal graphics. Has a $60 USD price tag.

- Zelda & the _____
Link; but this time he has a new tunic color. A new catastrophe has happened which was different than the previous 6 catastrophes and Zelda needs you to solve a myriad of linear puzzles in claustrophobic, camera-glitching rooms. In this version, Epona's dash has been upgraded to four carrots instead of three. AAA. $60 USD price tag.

- Mario Kart 973-S Edition
This is the 973rd reincarnation of Rainbow Road, but it still has no railings on the side of the track and nearly causes epileptic seizures, so your friends won't play with you. They finally added Banjo-Kazooie or possibly Candy Kong as DLC from the eShop. $60 USD price tag + $10 for Candy Kong.

- That one game they say is coming, but never does.
You heard the rumors; Nintendo is spreading the hype. It would be the greatest Nintendo game ever; the best graphics, new worlds to explore, great soundtrack. We've been waiting. It's still in development. They stopped doing updates. What year is it, I've lost track.

- Skyrim/Batman/Non-IP draw in.
I can't wait for this to release so that I can play it! Oh. I did. Six years ago on the Playstation 3. I already own it, but I can't wait to buy it all over again at full price tag because... reasons.

- Olympic Games / $5 Indie Motion-Controller Bowling.
There's something magical about watching Luigi and Shadow the Hedgehog twirl around majestically during the ice skating competition or watching Bowser pole vault through Rio was on my bucket list. I'm not sure about you guys. I'm also not sure I've ever heard anyone ever utter, "Nice! Wii Sports!" in my life so far.

Please tell me if I missed a roast; Animal Crossing, Star Fox, and Pokemon are the only thing keeping these guys afloat right now. (Splatoon?)

Last edited:
Didn't know what else to name this thread but what I really mean is do you think nintendo is aware when they make their games? As in do they realize that this game is going to be people's childhood memory for the rest of their life? Or do you think they just crank out games? I think they remember everything when making a game because in the end they need money to keep making more games and provide for themselves but also i think a large portion of them do it for the people and know that this game is going to mean something for people. Of course this depends on the type of game sometimes.

when i say this game im talking about the mystery dungeon series. i played these before even getting into main series games...wahhh

I think they're trying to get into the same scene that Microsoft and Sony are in. But personally I generally dislike playing games on Xbox and Playstation because they're nowhere near as fun as a lot of Nintendo games.

I also think that they've been "cranking" out games for the same reason. There are a lot of good, newer games, though. But a lot of them seem to make little or no memories at all, unlike the older games that practically become part of you.

I believe that if the Switch does really well, it will give them a chance to focus on the games rather than trying to make the system itself look appealing.

Depends on the game, I guess. I love Pokemon but the last 2 generations were awful imo. They could have been a lot better than they actually were. It felt like they mostly cared about improved graphics. Personally, I prefer the graphics of gen 5 with more features.

Additional issues are its IP; many swear by it and will throw their wallets at it without a second thought. Personally, I don't understand this. I generally don't 'buy a Mario game' because 'it's a Mario game'-- but a large number of Nintendo fans will, and this is where the laziness sources from. I will buy a Mario game if it legitimately looks like a new game with fresh content and design.

It would be nice to see them actually do something new; but they don't go out of their way to try or develop hardware that is suitable for software development (see my earlier post). If their audience will automatically buy anything with a logo on it, why bother make improvements? Every time a console comes out, your titles are:

- (New!) Mario Bros
This is the same as the last Mario Bros. game, but will have a new title for marketing pizzazz such as 'Mario Twinkle Park' or 'Mario Sky Magic'. It will be the exact same as previous releases, only will feature a new item gimmick and slightly less polygonal graphics. Has a $60 USD price tag.

- Zelda & the _____
Link; but this time he has a new tunic color. A new catastrophe has happened which was different than the previous 6 catastrophes and Zelda needs you to solve a myriad of linear puzzles in claustrophobic, camera-glitching rooms. In this version, Epona's dash has been upgraded to four carrots instead of three. AAA. $60 USD price tag.

- Mario Kart 973-S Edition
This is the 973rd reincarnation of Rainbow Road, but it still has no railings on the side of the track and nearly causes epileptic seizures, so your friends won't play with you. They finally added Banjo-Kazooie or possibly Candy Kong as DLC from the eShop. $60 USD price tag + $10 for Candy Kong.

- That one game they say is coming, but never does.
You heard the rumors; Nintendo is spreading the hype. It would be the greatest Nintendo game ever; the best graphics, new worlds to explore, great soundtrack. We've been waiting. It's still in development. They stopped doing updates. What year is it, I've lost track.

- Skyrim/Batman/Non-IP draw in.
I can't wait for this to release so that I can play it! Oh. I did. Six years ago on the Playstation 3. I already own it, but I can't wait to buy it all over again at full price tag because... reasons.

- Olympic Games / $5 Indie Motion-Controller Bowling.
There's something magical about watching Luigi and Shadow the Hedgehog twirl around majestically during the ice skating competition or watching Bowser pole vault through Rio was on my bucket list. I'm not sure about you guys. I'm also not sure I've ever heard anyone ever utter, "Nice! Wii Sports!" in my life so far.

Please tell me if I missed a roast; Animal Crossing, Star Fox, and Pokemon are the only thing keeping these guys afloat right now. (Splatoon?)

Tbh there have been many times stretching as far back as the NES where Nintendo said they were making a game, and then never did, nor did they ever speak of it again. Idk why they do that.

But I agree with you that they're not reaching their full potential. With every new console, they give themselves a big opportunity to create a new and innovative game, or completely revive a worn-out game series like SMB or Zelda. Unfortunately, they just stick with raw material and give it a snazzy twist and make it look new when it really already came out like 10-15 years ago.

That's the only thing I'm wondering about with SM Odyssey. Recently, I haven't been very excited (or even interested) for new games being released, but for some reason this one really seems like a turn in a slightly different direction. The idea of a sandbox-style Nintendo game has always been my biggest wish, and now that they're bringing it to my favorite game series, I am pretty excited for it!

Although it seems a bit silly to buy a Switch just to play Odyssey. Might wait until it's been out for a while and I can see what it's like before I buy it.

Or I can just stick with SM64 :p

pretty sure a massive corporation wouldn't give two ****s about ur childhood

Of course they care, that's no doubting! The only problem is, perhaps, they only think in a "japanese" way for the start. I mean, they think about what their japanese consumers would like or buy, and THEN later they think about the rest of the world if there's some time left...

Well they care a lot more than Sega, that's for sure.

pretty sure a massive corporation wouldn't give two ****s about ur childhood

I think the OP meant "care about our childhood" as in - understand that it will bring in more of the big bucks if they do.

Well they care a lot more than Sega, that's for sure.

I don't know about that honestly. Sega has definitely been treating it's fans better than Nintendo currently is.

As for childhood experiences, apart from Sonic, I don't really see anything else that would stick with a younger audience. This is mostly because I believe SEGA wants to tailor to older audiences with releases such as Yakuza, Bayonetta, and Football Manager.

Back