• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is anybody having Switch issues?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
Okay so I haven't actually gotten the Switch yet (don't plan on getting it until SM Odyssey comes out), but I've been hearing of a lot of issues with the console, such as the wrist strap getting stuck in the joycon if put in the wrong way/side, the screen glitching out/getting dead pixels/scratching really easily, the joycons being unresponsive from a certain distance, the console freezing up constantly, the joycons being a bit loose or not secured properly in the portable screen, etc.

This doesn't necessarily deter me from getting the console, but I was wondering how prominent issues like this are with a lot of them.

*This is not a venting thread. If you would like to rant, click right here. :)

I think my only issue is with the left joycon having a tendency to ping up slightly? It's not affecting my gameplay at all though.
Also the straps cause small cuts when removing if you're not careful.

I'm getting the Switch tomorrow, but even with all these issues, I'm still super pumped. Most consoles have issues at launch, so they'll fix it sooner rather than later.
And the stuck/dead pixels are just those unfortunate few.

Last edited:
To everyone getting a Switch:

Make sure to buy a screen protector.

Or just dock it carefully.

And don't get a skin (official ones might be okay, but I still wouldn't recommend it) as it'll absolutely ruin the finish.

And FFS, don't put the Joy-Con whatsit on the wrong way!

However, there is something positive I can say, which is that if you have any game cards, they taste reeeaaally good. Zelda tastes minty, 1-2 Switch tastes tangy, and anything else I'm not too sure about. Let me know about your findings.

Or just dock it carefully.

And don't get a skin (official ones might be okay, but I still wouldn't recommend it) as it'll absolutely ruin the finish.

And FFS, don't put the Joy-Con whatsit on the wrong way!

However, there is something positive I can say, which is that if you have any game cards, they taste reeeaaally good. Zelda tastes minty, 1-2 Switch tastes tangy, and anything else I'm not too sure about. Let me know about your findings.
I LOATHE screen protectors so for me I'm just going to buy a strong case and be careful with it haha

I've heard about that. It seems strange that game cartridges would taste good lol

I'm getting a Switch around when SM Odyssey comes out so I'll tell you how that game tastes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To everyone getting a Switch:

Make sure to buy a screen protector.

I'm wondering if putting a thin piece of felt inside the dock would work. If not then I'll prob never put the gamepad inside the dock cause I don't want to mess it up.

Occasionally my right joycon disconnects whilst firmly inserted in the console, so have to remove it then reinsert it for it to reconnect. Only happened 3 times, once whilst playing so not a big issue. My only reservation is that im hoping keeping it in sleep mode wont cause any trouble to the battery as there doesnt seem to be a surefire way of turing the console off properly.

Occasionally my right joycon disconnects whilst firmly inserted in the console, so have to remove it then reinsert it for it to reconnect. Only happened 3 times, once whilst playing so not a big issue. My only reservation is that im hoping keeping it in sleep mode wont cause any trouble to the battery as there doesnt seem to be a surefire way of turing the console off properly.

There is a way to completely power off the hardware, although not in the most intuitive way possible. Unless you've used an Android or iOS before, that is.

Anyway, hold the power button for 3 seconds, select "More Power Options" and then pick "Turn Off". Just be sure not to plop the console in a dock, or it'll immediately turn back on. With that being done, you can safely swap microSD cards if you need to.

If you've got any problems, don't be afraid to call up Nintendo folks. Did so myself for my left joy-con (spotty connection when obstructed) the other day, they were very friendly and able to offer me free overnight shipping each way for the repair.

If you've got any problems, don't be afraid to call up Nintendo folks. Did so myself for my left joy-con (spotty connection when obstructed) the other day, they were very friendly and able to offer me free overnight shipping each way for the repair.

The left Joy-Con has a smaller antenna. I really don't know if that'll do a lot.

The left Joy-Con has a smaller antenna. I really don't know if that'll do a lot.

It's a lottery. There are plenty of reports of folks using multiple joy-con sets on the same system and getting different results with different controllers.

That said, I'm definitely going to post back in here with my results when I get mine back. We'll see!

Back