If you could add anything to the game... what would it be?

LilyACNL

stop????
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Lily
White Violet
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
White Tulip
Yellow Tulip
Red Tulip
White Pansy
Cherry (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
If you could add absolutely any feature into the game, what would that feature be?

personally i wish you could carry things like shopping bags,
but also have shops like in HHD like movie theatres and restaurants you can eat at.

HHD had so many cool features: the yard, the doors between rooms, curtains, the shops, ceiling furniture. I would most want the yard I think then the door. It would be nice to put that swinging bench outside next to a pond and just chill. More life to the villagers, let them sip their coffee, cook food, read a book, watch a movie, etc. Bringing more life to them would be amazing. Maybe a tiny job system for cool exclusive items (like Brewster's) work at a 7/11, a movie joint, etc. Or if you have fish, feed your fish. Like tap the glass to get their attention or to jiggle some fish food into the tank. There's so many cool options they could add! And someone mentioned a dedicated toolbox, that would be pleasant. A bigger wallet so I can carry a few hundred thousand bells with no problemo.

The animations and interactions that came with hhd as well as your villagers wearing accessories. that was super cute and would love different camera angles outdoors.

Services for entertainment like a Cafe or a Hospital, maybe a School? (These are from HHD). Also I would love ceiling items (from HHD). Lastly I would like new minigames, like a fun one people used to play (people customized it) was ROCK racing! I loved it, you would make a racetrack made of rocks, then race through it with obstacles and pitfalls and you'd have to cut down trees. :lemon:

HHD had so many cool features: the yard, the doors between rooms, curtains, the shops, ceiling furniture. I would most want the yard I think then the door. It would be nice to put that swinging bench outside next to a pond and just chill. More life to the villagers, let them sip their coffee, cook food, read a book, watch a movie, etc. Bringing more life to them would be amazing. Maybe a tiny job system for cool exclusive items (like Brewster's) work at a 7/11, a movie joint, etc. Or if you have fish, feed your fish. Like tap the glass to get their attention or to jiggle some fish food into the tank. There's so many cool options they could add! And someone mentioned a dedicated toolbox, that would be pleasant. A bigger wallet so I can carry a few hundred thousand bells with no problemo.
Yeah i fully agree ahah! I just love when they do little actions like that in HHD cause its just, it makes them so much more interesting and it also just looks cool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The animations and interactions that came with hhd as well as your villagers wearing accessories. that was super cute and would love different camera angles outdoors.

oh yeah!!!! imagine if you could gift them accessories and they would wear them and change their outfits each day!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Services for entertainment like a Cafe or a Hospital, maybe a School? (These are from HHD). Also I would love ceiling items (from HHD). Lastly I would like new minigames, like a fun one people used to play (people customized it) was ROCK racing! I loved it, you would make a racetrack made of rocks, then race through it with obstacles and pitfalls and you'd have to cut down trees. :lemon:
yeah it seems like people are big fans of the HHD features, same with me.

There are a lot of things I would add, but a few are:

More unique dialogue for the villagers so they really feel like individuals
Villagers being able to interact with more things in the game, similar to Happy Home Designer.
Dedicated toolbox (I hate carrying my tools in my mail)
A LOT more storage space (like in the thousands)
More PWPs without having a limit of 30
More space and maybe a way to mine/excavate to alter the landscape a bit?

Anyway, there's lots more :(

There are a lot of things I would add, but a few are:

More unique dialogue for the villagers so they really feel like individuals
Villagers being able to interact with more things in the game, similar to Happy Home Designer.
Dedicated toolbox (I hate carrying my tools in my mail)
A LOT more storage space (like in the thousands)
More PWPs without having a limit of 30
More space and maybe a way to mine/excavate to alter the landscape a bit?

Anyway, there's lots more :(

oh yeah thats really cool! but what do you mean by unique dialogue? examples?

oh yeah thats really cool! but what do you mean by unique dialogue? examples?

What I mean by unique dialogue is that each animal should have their own dialogue which isn't shared with the rest of the animals in their personality group, which is the case presently. Right now, each jock will say the same thing, each normal says the exact same thing, etc. It makes it boring to talk to the animals and doesn't make them feel real. Also, for the special villagers like W. Link.. He's from Legend of Zelda but he is just the exact same as any other smug villager. He has no identity, which is a shame.

Last edited:
Yeah i fully agree ahah! I just love when they do little actions like that in HHD cause its just, it makes them so much more interesting and it also just looks cool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah!!!! imagine if you could gift them accessories and they would wear them and change their outfits each day!

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah it seems like people are big fans of the HHD features, same with me.

Ah yeah, it was so cool to interact with the stove and your villager would get out a frying pan. I hope the new AC has a lot of features from HHD, I would be one happy camper :)

villagers wearing more stuff...enough with the tanktops in winter! especially for the furless villagers. i want to see them in full outfits like any special character. i'd like to see them wear shoes and accessories but i guess thats asking for too much. i would even take just a simple long sleeves and some pants. i understand there would be problems with giving them shirts that are short/sleeveless, but they could just add the base color of the shirt to the texture of the shirt arms. i also wanna see villagers in skirts too, that would be so cute ugh the animal crossing anime made this happen, make it a reality.

also i wanna be able to change the camera angle outside!! i say this all the time but this is a big one for me i think it would look awesome. i think they could add this now with the 3DS since they've had time to develope other games for it, but they could definitely make it happen on the switch. gonna be sad if we cant the next game. isabelle says she wants us to experience our house from all angles, so in the next game i think experiencing the whole game with different camera views would be awesome instead of a set view. maybe im asking for too much but idk. oh and more haircuts. maybe let us choose the bangs and the back to make cool combinations? i know animal crossing is supposed to be simplistic and these things might start to make it your average slice of life video game, but i think introducing these features the right way could make the game go even farther. just look at what new leaf did with all its new features!

Honestly there are a lot of things that I would love to add to the game!
But if I could choose just 1-2 things it would be just a little more details like shopping bags, little fishing tourneys and bug offs or little games and conversations with villagers. Just personalisize them more. Just some Addons! ^^

Since we're talking about New Leaf and not an entirely new game, I would add more dialog (especially inside the museum where they sometimes will only say the same sentence over and over). Also, a ton of HHD features (ceiling furniture, changing camera angle outside etc.)

More variety in dialogue ; ability to skip routine dialogue ; more mini games like Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape (which include familiar characters and items in unique situations) ; more control over shop hours (say by paying fees to stay open longer) ... I could go on and on lol.

Back