Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
So apparently there's a new movie rating called 'F.' What is it, you ask?

It's been created to help support feminist films. The feature ranks movies by three criteria:

.Whether the work was directed by a woman
.Written by a woman
.Features significant women onscreen

What do you guys think about this?

To me, art is something that should not aim to ever represent anybody in any way. It's different for biographic films and films based on true events, obviously, but I think that a lot of directors would agree with me that there shouldn't be any sort of deliberate depiction of how a person is supposed to be. If you don't want to cast a woman to play a soldier or something, then that's fine, because it's simply not what your creative output is intended to be. No creator should be forced to endorse those ideas and sacrifice elements of their work for society's standards of what a man or a woman should be, look like, or act like.

I'm more interested in knowing what would qualify a film for this kind of labelling, and also whether it's optional, 'cause I'm sure there are plenty of female content creators who would hate to have this on their works just because they happen to contain heroines.

If anything, this sort of thing makes things worse for women, because by doing this you're saying "women are treated awful in the film industry, so let's make it okay to treat women awfully by having a category for films that aren't treating female awfully. Everything that isn't rated F is sexist, which is fine because it's optional".

Like, back up a little there. What's next? M-rating for films that acknowledge men? I'm not interested in either.

I thought this was a joke.

I mean, come on feminists, this is just stupid.

that's just dumb. sure, im a very strict feminist, but that's just so friggin dumb. you don't have H for a historical movie, and that's not even based on the normal movie rating system

To be honest I find this really stupid. I'm sorry, but I don't care who you are, a film is a film. I don't need someone rating it whether it makes a bunch of misandrists(which is what third wave feminism is.) happy or not. We don't need to bring this kind of stuff into entertainment. Isn't a film supposed to take away all the troubles? That's sure what they were made for back in the 20s and 30s...To escape the depression, or the war, or whatever issue you might have.

Also, please note that I'm a full supporter of equal rights. I don't hate anyone regarding of their race, gender, etc. I just think that modern-day feminism(and the entirety of SJW "culture") is a load of absolute trash.

Whoever the hell made the "F-Rating" needs to go to hell.

This is stupid. Just because a movie is written by, produced by, and stars women, doesn't mean it's feminist, and just because a movie is written by, produced by, or stars men doesn't mean it's not feminist.

Oh, I thought it was, like, an actual movie rating. Like, PG or R. I did some more research, it's a category on IMDb.

I was fine with it until I thought about it differently. If they made a "M" rating, everyone would freak out. You may think that a F rating is different though, as it supports feminism.
But isn't feminism about equality?
If feminism is about giving women equal work and social rights, I'm all for it. But only if you think about an act of feminism with the reversed gender. Would it be okay if a male did it? If a male did it and would get yelled at, but if its okay if a female does it, that isn't gender equality.
You could also say that it is okay for a feminist to do this kind of activism because of the years of oppression. I get were that's coming from, but that is not a valid excuse. If we want equality, we need to start now instead of doing things like this, which is just bringing the oppression back up. I'm not saying "forget about the past," because we need to learn from our mistakes. I'm saying that it would be best to treat both genders equally at every opportunity if you want a change.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought it was, like, an actual movie rating. Like, PG or R. I did some more research, it's a category on IMDb.

I was fine with it until I thought about it differently. If they made a "M" rating, everyone would freak out. You may think that a F rating is different though, as it supports feminism.
But isn't feminism about equality?
If feminism is about giving women equal work and social rights, I'm all for it. But only if you think about an act of feminism with the reversed gender. Would it be okay if a male did it? If a male did it and would get yelled at, but if its okay if a female does it, that isn't gender equality.
You could also say that it is okay for a feminist to do this kind of activism because of the years of oppression. I get were that's coming from, but that is not a valid excuse. If we want equality, we need to start now instead of doing things like this, which is just bringing the oppression back up. I'm not saying "forget about the past," because we need to learn from our mistakes. I'm saying that it would be best to treat both genders equally at every opportunity if you want a change.

Yeah, the problem is that with modern feminism, it doesn't seem about equality anymore but instead giving women power over men. It's awful.

This is the type of thing as to why people don't take feminism seriously.

I also question how exactly this fits in to the rating system considering it's supposed to be a guidance system to who should and shouldn't view a movie...Actually, it does make sense since I'll be avoiding movies with this dumbass label attached.

Yeah, the problem is that with modern feminism, it doesn't seem about equality anymore but instead giving women power over men. It's awful.

Because it's exactly what it is. Misandry. Being a white heterosexual man, I feel pretty damn mad about what a lot of these SJW feminists have to say about me, and the rest of men. Because there's a few bad men out there, all of us have to be labeled as some kind of sexist piece of trash. It's not fun being hated, no matter what or who you are, and they lack the understanding of that. Do they think that a man deserves to be thrown into the dust because of something people over a hundred years ago did? Why is that acceptable? At the same time, I can't help but feel a lot of these people do it because they want to be a "victim" and get attention...It's a huge load of garbage, I've hated it ever since my ex started to hate me, and all men because her little feminist tumblr propaganda ruined her...Causing her to try to get me to become a woman because I was questioning who I was at the time. Turns out, I wanted to stay a guy, but that's not the point. That experience opened my eyes to how vile the modern day feminist movement is. I'll never consider myself a feminist no matter what the definition is. I'm an egalitarian, if anything.

Last edited:
this is stupid. as a feminist, why should something be rated "F"? i don't see it as an empowerment, i see it as something that belittles us. like if someone sees the f rating, will they not watch the movie or something, or is it more fitting for some people than others? literally feminists strive for equality and they throw this bull**** F rating to differentiate us from other films, further separating us from the crowd.

Back