New F-rating for Movies

Yeah, I hate the "you must agree with me on every little irrational thing I say or else you're evil and a [insert wrong and hurtful label here]".

I've been labelled as a homophobic before even though if you knew me, you'd know that I'm gay. Just because someone doesn't agree, or agrees to like 99.9% of what you're saying and is trying to improve your point with constructive criticism, you should take that advice on board, not go ballistic. Advice is there for a reason. You can't always be right all of the time in the world. There will always be people smarter who want to help us and to improve, we need to take it all in.

wow we relate so much i've been labelled as a transphobe!
i thought they were trying to get rid of people like that, but they just try to create more.

Last edited:
wow we relate so much i've been labelled as a transphobe!
i thought they were trying to get rid of people like that, but they just try to create more.

tfw one day aliens will be more accepted by society than society accepts other human beings who are only a tad bit different to the average cis white male.

SJWs are the reason gay people won't be able to get married within the next four years and why trans people won't be able to use the bathroom of their identity because some cis old bloke says so. Sad face.

- - - Post Merge - - -

singing "what is love" is 90s cultural appropriation

Last edited:
i hate their mindset of "you're either with us or against us" and what i mean by that is even if you say you want no part in an issue you're evil to them. they can't handle any opposing opinions, it's not just the LGBT community but it's still an embarrassment and for the great social justice warriors they are they shouldn't be slapping labels on people. it just makes it negative and unfair right? i've never had good experiences with these type of people, whenever i try to argue civilly they'll start throwing accusations about me being nasty or something, or just say something to insult me. it's petty and childish

i hate losing my temper on these people because i try to stay nice, i move on, but they don't give me any respect and they continue it

I feel like these people are just endlessly angry. I get that the treatment of the LGBT community is godawful but treating everyone not in that label just as bad isn't going to solve anything. They always seem to be very touchy and unforgiving which makes people not take them seriously and it's a shame because some people out there legit need help and these whiny people are ruining their chances of being helped.

- - - Post Merge - - -

tfw one day aliens will be more accepted by society than society accepts other human beings who are only a tad bit different to the average cis white male.

SJWs are the reason gay people won't be able to get married within the next four years and why trans people won't be able to use the bathroom of their identity because some cis old bloke says so. Sad face.

- - - Post Merge - - -

singing "what is love" is 90s cultural appropriation

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and place the blame on middle aged folks AKA the baby boomers. Seriously, I have barely seen anyone from ages 1-30 being hateful to anyone who isn't cishet. It seems to always be the middle aged folks due to their old beliefs and refusal to open up and accept change. I think that as long as they don't pass their horrible beliefs to their children, I think that once they all die out, things will be different for the minority groups. Think about it, just like you said, it's always the straight white middle aged man making the rules to hurt minorities.

I feel like these people are just endlessly angry. I get that the treatment of the LGBT community is godawful but treating everyone not in that label just as bad isn't going to solve anything. They always seem to be very touchy and unforgiving which makes people not take them seriously and it's a shame because some people out there legit need help and these whiny people are ruining their chances of being helped.

I completely agree. While I understand that it's not always easy to forget the past and the way straight/cis people have treated the LGBT community, holding this extreme prejudice against them and being just as hateful as they were does not help us move forward. People are still being kicked out of their homes for being gay and straight people do seem to shrug it off as "lol who cares they're not oppressed" when we are. We need help to receive equal rights because we're human beings too but being hateful and intimidating puts off potential allies, therefore the LGBT community gets such a negative light.

I imagine that if small children were thrown into the adult would then those creatures would be the result...But then I remember Tom Hanks in 'Big' and realize children would probable handle 'adulting' a lot better.

I'd bet money these people do not function in society considering you cannot act like this in the adult world without people looking at you like you're insane and/or 12 years old. They're mentally and emotionally children despite having physically aged. Relevant comic

I feel like these people are just endlessly angry.

Because they participate in the Oppression Olympics. Who's the most oppressed/least privileged? It's a huge show to be perpetually outraged and to find offense in every little, asinine thing. For a group that's supposedly against racism, sexism, and discrimination in general they sure like to see everyone by their skin color, sex, and judging the **** outta people based on these attributes. But it's okay, since they're not as privileged as <straight, white, cis male>. Sheer hypocrisy.

I'd bet money these people do not function in society considering you cannot act like this in the adult world without people looking at you like you're insane and/or 12 years old. They're mentally and emotionally children despite having physically aged. Relevant comic

Because they participate in the Oppression Olympics. Who's the most oppressed/least privileged? It's a huge show to be perpetually outraged and to find offense in every little, asinine thing. For a group that's supposedly against racism, sexism, and discrimination in general they sure like to see everyone by their skin color, sex, and judging the **** outta people based on these attributes. But it's okay, since they're not as privileged as <straight, white, cis male>. Sheer hypocrisy.

OPPRESSION OLYMPICS, sponsored by Buzzfeed™

SJWs honestly won't survive in the real world. They don't have the capacity to realise that

1) the world is ****
2) life is ****
3) no matter how hard you try, life will always be **** and won't change for anyone

I agree, there's far too much hate for a community that claims to have so much love. Relevant videohttps://youtu.be/rIIoKShHiSI

Please do not aggressively argue with other users, call them names, etc. when you disagree with them. There is always a way to disagree with someone without turning the thread into a heated argument. We've had to clean up the last couple of pages here from an off-topic argument. Also, don't forget that rude behavior is against the rules and can get you a warning or infraction.

Please do not aggressively argue with other users, call them names, etc. when you disagree with them. There is always a way to disagree with someone without turning the thread into a heated argument. We've had to clean up the last couple of pages here from an off-topic argument. Also, don't forget that rude behavior is against the rules and can get you a warning or infraction.

Thank you for that!

I was very confused by the OP but a google search found a range of articles with info that answered my questions.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/03/imdb-adds-an-f-rating-to-make-female-led-films-easier-to-find/

This isn't nearly so off-the-wall as I thought it might be from the OP. I hadn't come across this before but it's come from the industry and seems to be working for them, so I have no issue with it.

The problem though is that, okay so why isn't there a rating for men? Or black people? Or Asians? Eventually it'll get ridiculous. Why do females get a special treatment?

I feel as if this will defer people from seeing films. People will likely claim that it's "forcing PC" culture or something and boycott the film because of it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think this idea was well intentioned, but it'll probably backfire rather than doing any good.

I feel as if this will defer people from seeing films. People will likely claim that it's "forcing PC" culture or something and boycott the film because of it.

It will people not want to see the films because it is forcing PC culture, which Americans are tired of.

The problem though is that, okay so why isn't there a rating for men? Or black people? Or Asians? Eventually it'll get ridiculous. Why do females get a special treatment?

I see where you're coming from but I have absolutely no issue with IMBD having search tags for each of those categories. Why on earth would that be a problem?

As for "special treatment" I think the point is to raise awareness of these works, not take anything away from other works.

From a more detailed article I found :

?The F-rating is a great way to highlight women on screen and behind the camera,? IMDb boss Col Needham told the BBC.

There were questions, however, about how IMDb will use the classification. The rating is not included on the landing pages or plot keyword pages of F-rated films, and the only way to discover if a film has the rating is by searching the IMDb reference page.

Female film protagonists reached all-time high in 2016, study shows

?I am so pleased that 21,800 films have been tagged on IMDb as F-rated. Of course, I would love the F-rating logo to be featured prominently on each of these films,? Tarquini said.

Despite the widespread implementation of her rating, Tarquini says work still must be done to increase female representation on film. ?I hope that the F rating will become redundant as the stories we see on screen reflect our culture, and that 50% of the stories we see [will be] told by and about women.?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ssification-system-to-highlight-work-by-women

---

For those that don't want to use this tag, don't. I haven't spent much time on IMBD personally and I don't know if I'll use this myself since I mostly get my movie recommendations from friends. I'll probably check it out at some point to see how it works, but that's about it.

As for why women are getting "special treatment", this initiative was created by a woman to try and address the drastic imbalance of female directers and writers in the movie industry. This is an incredibly difficult problem to overcome and requires a multifaceted approach to bring about lasting, appropriate change.

I'm not in the film industry, so I'm happy to defer to those within it as to how the best to tackle the issue they face.

As for "special treatment" I think the point is to raise awareness of these works, not take anything away from other works.

I'm really glad you made that distinction. I think it's important to keep in mind.

Because it's exactly what it is. Misandry. Being a white heterosexual man, I feel pretty damn mad about what a lot of these SJW feminists have to say about me, and the rest of men. Because there's a few bad men out there, all of us have to be labeled as some kind of sexist piece of trash. It's not fun being hated, no matter what or who you are, and they lack the understanding of that. Do they think that a man deserves to be thrown into the dust because of something people over a hundred years ago did? Why is that acceptable? At the same time, I can't help but feel a lot of these people do it because they want to be a "victim" and get attention...It's a huge load of garbage, I've hated it ever since my ex started to hate me, and all men because her little feminist tumblr propaganda ruined her...Causing her to try to get me to become a woman because I was questioning who I was at the time. Turns out, I wanted to stay a guy, but that's not the point. That experience opened my eyes to how vile the modern day feminist movement is. I'll never consider myself a feminist no matter what the definition is. I'm an egalitarian, if anything.

I'm currently losing one of my best friends because I'm a white male and her feminist friends are filling her head with bias. We're drifting further and further apart and all I can do is watch helplessly as she continues to hold a prejudice against someone who's been her closest friend for nearly a decade.

I've been ripped into on this site before for saying that I'll never support feminism, but maybe now that people seem to have come to their senses I can say this openly. Feminism has not done an ounce of visible good that I can see in my personal life and has torn my friendships and even some of my friend's families apart. I will never support feminism. I can't support it. All it's done my entire life is tear me down for being proud to be a man.

Last edited:
I'm currently losing one of my best friends because I'm a white male and her feminist friends are filling her head with bias. We're drifting further and further apart and all I can do is watch helplessly as she continues to hold a prejudice against someone who's been her closest friend for nearly a decade.

I've been ripped into on this site before for saying that I'll never support feminism, but maybe now that people seem to have come to their senses I can say this openly. Feminism has not done an ounce of visible good that I can see in my personal life and has torn my friendships and even some of my friend's families apart. I will never support feminism. I can't support it. All it's done my entire life is tear me down for being proud to be a man.

Maybe feminism is making your friend realize some things about you. Hate to be the one to break it to you but feminism isn't about your friendships or personal feelings and it doesn't have to cater to you, ever.

Also kinda doubt it's "tearing someone's family apart" lmao

Maybe feminism is making your friend realize some things about you.

This is possible. But she's severed ties with almost all of her male friends, and I don't really know what she could see in me that would make her hate me. we've been friends for a decade and she's told me before that I'm her closest thing in her life to her. But she's had this outbreak of snarkiness and cynicism towards me that started at the same time she started posting anti-male things on her Google+ and Facebook.

Also kinda doubt it's "tearing someone's family apart" lmao

you don't have to believe it. It's actually really personal so I'm not going to go into too much detail since that would be disrespectful, but basically a friend of mine thought that her father was "oppressing" her mother when clearly he wasn't. The father tried to explain but she basically turned on him and started fighting against something that wasn't there. the mother tried to help as well, but at that point she was too delusioned to even listen to anyone.

This is possible. But she's severed ties with almost all of her male friends, and I don't really know what she could see in me that would make her hate me. we've been friends for a decade and she's told me before that I'm her closest thing in her life to her. But she's had this outbreak of snarkiness and cynicism towards me that started at the same time she started posting anti-male things on her Google+ and Facebook.

you don't have to believe it. It's actually really personal so I'm not going to go into too much detail since that would be disrespectful, but basically a friend of mine thought that her father was "oppressing" her mother when clearly he wasn't. The father tried to explain but she basically turned on him and started fighting against something that wasn't there. the mother tried to help as well, but at that point she was too delusioned to even listen to anyone.

Again, maybe she's realized some things about her male friends. I cut a lot of my friends out of my life as a teenager because I was coming to terms with who I was and what I wanted and I realized a lot of my friends were downright racists and homophobes and unwilling to change their behaviour even if it hurt someone close to them. Either way, your friend chose to change her behaviour. Feminism didn't make her do anything.

Back