• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New F-rating for Movies

Because it's exactly what it is. Misandry. Being a white heterosexual man, I feel pretty damn mad about what a lot of these SJW feminists have to say about me, and the rest of men. Because there's a few bad men out there, all of us have to be labeled as some kind of sexist piece of trash. It's not fun being hated, no matter what or who you are, and they lack the understanding of that. Do they think that a man deserves to be thrown into the dust because of something people over a hundred years ago did? Why is that acceptable? At the same time, I can't help but feel a lot of these people do it because they want to be a "victim" and get attention...It's a huge load of garbage, I've hated it ever since my ex started to hate me, and all men because her little feminist tumblr propaganda ruined her...Causing her to try to get me to become a woman because I was questioning who I was at the time. Turns out, I wanted to stay a guy, but that's not the point. That experience opened my eyes to how vile the modern day feminist movement is. I'll never consider myself a feminist no matter what the definition is. I'm an egalitarian, if anything.

can u not
it's not about things that happened 100 yrs ago, yes it is about history too but it is about what still exists. if people are saying that every single white cishet man should die then thats horrible !!!! but you are t oppressed. and you have a privilege over many people. you didnt choose it but youre still part of the entire system that enables the oppression and discrimination of minorities.
why would people want to be victims like really what ??? if i could stop transphobia this second id do it. i hate being discriminated, i hate being told people like me shouldnt have the same rights as others,im sick of being told that transphobia is an opinion and i hate !!!!!! it all !!!!! maybe some people like feeling like they are better ppl or whatever bc theyre discriminated but???? it kinda sounds like those tumblr aspec posts that are Ace Positivity but end with "aphobia is real" like Yeah Barbara I Would Love To Be Reminded Of The "Opression" I Face While Reading A Positivity Post

there are ppl who make themselvws victims. and thats wrong and sucks and they ruin things for the rest of us. but in this post youre making yourself a victim too??

also im sorry about your ex and it's great that youve found out and explored your gender identity. you dont hsve to call yourself a feminist bc i get that people connect the word to radfems or other bad feminism BUT saying that feminism or working for gender equality isnt needed is not cool and not true

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, the problem is that with modern feminism, it doesn't seem about equality anymore but instead giving women power over men. It's awful.

thats radical feminism tho. i get if u have problems w the feminism movement but dont say that it is all radfems

I consider this a glitch in the system

scientists need to fix that pesky "can only procreate with opposite gender" problem

Weren't scientists doing a thing where w/w couples could make babies with their bone marrow? Lesbians will save us all.

I love how many people here jumped on here to talk about how feminists are nothing but crazy-man haters who should just go away. It's always nice to see evidence of why feminism is still entirely relevant. Lol, internet. Letting me down every day.

That being said, I don't know if this is an entirely great rating to have. I'm all for woman-centric movies, but I instantly equate F with a failing grade, which probably wasn't the intention here...

So many of you are acting like it's an official MPAA rating from the people who actually give G, PG, etc ratings to films. This "F rating" is literally one website that is doing this by themselves, unofficially. Calm your goshdarn selves.

please don't start assuming things to try and make me look bad, i'm not being aggressive. i'm trying to reason with you, did that joke at the end hurt you or something? i disagree with you and that's fine but stop being petty about it plz

how did u try to reason w me you just said you dont think catcalling is a problem and that Super Funny Joke was the passive aggressive part lollll
you can have your opinions but you shouldnt talk over those who feel harassed and scared and violated because theyre constantly being catcalled. like, it is a problem and men need to stop doing it and by saying that it isnt a problem youre being ignorant of other ppls experiences

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love how many people here jumped on here to talk about how feminists are nothing but crazy-man haters who should just go away. It's always nice to see evidence of why feminism is still entirely relevant. Lol, internet. Letting me down every day.

That being said, I don't know if this is an entirely great rating to have. I'm all for woman-centric movies, but I instantly equate F with a failing grade, which probably wasn't the intention here...

but u know..,,,... the evil sjws will take all rights away from cishet white guys..,, they are the true victims here... and the oppressors??? everyone who wants minorities/discriminated groups to have equal rights as majorities and not discriminated groups . thats why feminism is worse than fascism ;;;')

seriously ppl in this thread seem to Reallllly hate feminism and the fight for womens right and equality in general

Stay away from anything with an F. :p

There are many great women, but feminism is a joke.
u sure u arent a sexist

- - - Post Merge - - -

like this isnt abt the feminism it is about the fact that you re saying you are going to avoid movies that are made by or starrk c women well enough that it isnt classrd as a bad movie in terms of gender equality

- - - Post Merge - - -

starring*

also this is still only indb lol

right, i can't quote you because i'm on my phone but trying to make me look bad and acting like a victim in this disagreement because i'm aggressive isn't going to work. i find it odd that you picked out my Super Funny Joke, it wasn't a personal attack on you. i understand where you're coming from but the way you're reacting is really irritating.

Last edited:
??? no
these things and things like this are made to try to make women more equal to men . women are underrepresented in the film industry in many ways and this is a way to try to fix it i guess
-
i dont think it's a good rating idk i havent read anything about it so i cant say that much about it but... if you want to make the movie industry more feminist there are a lot of different things that should be done, not this.

tho i dont like how people in this thread are being upset about feminism..? this is a weird thing to do but it doesnt represent feminism as an ideologyor a movement and women arent tryibg to make women more privileged than men Pls. this is a weird thing to do but it's not a reason to become a meninistu guize

I'll be frank, once I read the word 'no', I stopped reading.

It is clear that you do not know what the word 'feminism' means. To even see you trying to defend so-called 'feminists' who make real feminists look bad makes me feel ill. Please read more, learn what the word means, then come back once you've done that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, this'll let me know what to avoid.

lmfao same

I'll be frank, once I read the word 'no', I stopped reading.

It is clear that you do not know what the word 'feminism' means. To even see you trying to defend so-called 'feminists' who make real feminists look bad makes me feel ill. Please read more, learn what the word means, then come back once you've done that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lmfao same

lol
feminism isnt 1 thing, it is a bunch of ideologies and movements and whtever. there are many different types of feminism. could u explain what you think feminism means?
i am not defending radfems or whatever and i dont understand what youre trying to get at. idc about this rating (it rly isnt a big deal and i dont get why people are upset because while it is weird to call movies made by women feminist it isnt... like... misandry or whatever everyone here is saying)

and idk i guess the post u quoted sounded like i supported this and i dont But it's not as bad as ppl here are trying to make it ??

Last edited:
lol
feminism isnt 1 thing, it is a bunch of ideologies and movements and whtever. there are many different types of feminism. could u explain what you think feminism means?
i am not defending radfems or whatever and i dont understand what youre trying to get at. idc about this rating (it rly isnt a big deal and i dont get why people are upset because while it is weird to call movies made by women feminist it isnt... like... misandry or whatever everyone here is saying)

and idk i guess the post u quoted sounded like i supported this and i dont But it's not as bad as ppl here are trying to make it ??

feminism
ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m
noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Maybe I should've read your other posts, but I don't see a point in doing so, so all I'm going to say is that 'extremist feminism' IS NOT feminism. They are, and should not be, ever praised or associated with true feminism, which has and always will be equality of the two sexes.

those two sexes being attack helicopter and anti-girl/anti-boy (aka shouldn't****ingexist-boy)

feminism
ˈfɛmɪnɪz(ə)m
noun

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Maybe I should've read your other posts, but I don't see a point in doing so, so all I'm going to say is that 'extremist feminism' IS NOT feminism. They are, and should not be, ever praised or associated with true feminism, which has and always will be equality of the two sexes.

those two sexes being attack helicopter and anti-girl/anti-boy (aka shouldn't****ingexist-boy)

yeah ok sorry but radfems is what theyre called so i didnt knlw what to write. they claim to be feminist but they dont follow the ideology and instead of making it about equality (which in society today is to help women most of the time) they decide to bash on men. it's not feminism and i wouldnt call them feminists but that's kind of what they're called and at least of what ive seen about radfems (especially twerfs) is that they think theyre feminist.
it's not what the movement is about, it's not what the ideology is about but they (radfems/man haters/whatever you want to call them) say that they are feminists. and i guess i worded my post badly when i said that they are a part of feminism but like... some people use "feminism" to spread other messages and ideas that arent feminist. So, like they arent feminist but they call themselves feminists and ruin the view of feminism, kinda how isis ruin how people see muslims and stuff when actually they arent connected

also the 2 sexes thing is Tru but also i think a lot of people include gender too bc of gender and sex not being the same thing

seriously ppl in this thread seem to Reallllly hate feminism and the fight for womens right and equality in general

You seem to be unaware that lot of people would argue that feminism and equality are two separate things.

From reading your other posts you seem to be in the group of "you're either with us or against us", that somebody can't think feminism itself is stupid but still strive for equality without taking on that 'feminist' label...To quote a wise man:

the type of thing as to why people don't take feminism seriously.

You seem to be unaware that lot of people would argue that feminism and equality are two separate things.

From reading your other posts you seem to be in the group of "you're either with us or against us", that somebody can't think feminism itself is stupid but still strive for equality without taking on that 'feminist' label...To quote a wise man:

i know that not being a feminist doesnt mean u dont want equality
but ppl in this thread seem to just vent about how much they hate feminism because of stuff like this and kinda imply that men are Opressed by the evil feminists, which we arent

Men are constantly oppressed by these kinds of feminists. Just saying.

No idea why everybody can't just get along without all these peculiar labels.

u sure u arent a sexist

- - - Post Merge - - -

like this isnt abt the feminism it is about the fact that you re saying you are going to avoid movies that are made by or starrk c women well enough that it isnt classrd as a bad movie in terms of gender equality

- - - Post Merge - - -

starring*

also this is still only indb lol

I don't care what gender is the head of a film, but if it's anything like a BuzzFeed video, I'm out. "Anyone who is white, heterosexual or male is evil." (not an actual quote)

For example, I've never had an interest in seeing the new Ghostbusters film. Not because they've switched the genders of the ghostbusters, which certainly gives it a feminist vibe, but because it's full of corny jokes and cheap laughs that go on for too long.

Back