• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New F-rating for Movies

No. I assume by film rating you mean 3, 12, PG, etc... it's unnecessary. A film shouldn't be rated by who made it or who it includes, but by the actual content so you can make a base judgement on whether it's appropriate for you or others.

Ay ay ay, I just read a post in the middle of the thread and apparently it's not that style of rating. Fair enough. I see no reason to include it, but on the same hand, I see no reason why not!

Last edited:
i feel feminism is still about equality, rights, and freedom of choice for women and that is exactly how it should stay and be conveyed, however i definitely also think that to a small extent, some ppl have taken this idea and adapted a 'men are evil, lets totally overthrow the male race' attitude and labelled it feminism.
this adaptation of ''feminism'' is diluting very relevant issues that still exist for women in a very relevant cause and i think instead of jumping at the chance to say 'why is this stick man a dude?? why don't we make it a woman so we don't create an unconscious bias ((puts this woman figure in a dress to perpetuate traditional female stereotypes ??))' and 'i only watch films directed, produced, written, and starring significant women'. which btw really differentiates and segregates empowering women in mainstream media rather than normalising them??
i feel like these issues have been amplified to an extreme extent. sure i want to see films with strong female leads and sure i would like to see women represented just as much as men, but the whole 'you either support this wave of feminism or you hate women' is really exclusive, and of course that's going to be criticised because its straying too far from a legitimate oppression and valid advocacy in society.

I don't care what gender is the head of a film, but if it's anything like a BuzzFeed video, I'm out. "Anyone who is white, heterosexual or male is evil." (not an actual quote)

For example, I've never had an interest in seeing the new Ghostbusters film. Not because they've switched the genders of the ghostbusters, which certainly gives it a feminist vibe, but because it's full of corny jokes and cheap laughs that go on for too long.
kool but thats not what u wrote u wrote that u would avoid movies with an f rating Lol but alrighty
idc abt the ghostbusters movie euther but saying that u wouldnt wach any f rated movies is a bit ?????? not cery open minded ??

I think the ratings fine. c:

If there needs to be a M - rating for men, an A - rating for Asians then so be it, because it doesn't really make a difference to me.

Last edited:
I think the ratings fine. c:

If there needs to be an M - rating for men, an A - rating for Asians then so be it, because it doesn't really make a difference to me.
yeah lol i kinda feel the same like they can do whatever it doesnt hurt ppl??

and it is only on indb, like it's how they want to make women more visible on their site i guess idk

If this rating continues on to actual DVDs and has a more public outreach, I'll avoid every single movie that is labeled with it. These movies would not be advocating for equal treatment and fairness, they would be advocating for special treatment and empowerment over one.

Last edited:
To me, feminisim is about equality. That's what it's meant for a while now but now you have these insane people who take it to the very next level where they get offended by everything and seem to hate men.

These are the people who are ruining what feminisim is supposed to mean.

Feminism and equality used to mean the same thing. Now, because of these people, they are two different concepts.

I only watch movies directed by people with freckles. Hope they make a freckle rating next.

To be fair, I probably would if it was an amazing film that appealed to me. Might watch The Lady in the Van at some point. That has "lady" in the title. Good enough?

No it's not. It has the world "Van" in the title too...

Isn't the definition for feminism equality between all sexes/genders?

if that's the case, then they would also need to offer a title rating for the rest of them

also....ratings are for age restrictions, so therefore, having a type of rating like this makes absolutely no sense...

"Anyone who is white, heterosexual or male is evil." (not an actual quote)

quoting it anyway lol.

It may as well be a quote, as that's what Buzzfeed's videos have mainly been about; shaming men. And while these man-hating ''feminists'' are slamming men, we're ignoring real issues such as the Annoying Orange, the economy, nuclear threats and how a huge majority of the world's suicide statistics are men. Men are much more likely to have mental health problems and are more likely to express suicidal thoughts or behaviours, because of a stigma society has around them to be 'big and tough'. So man-hating feminists are shaming men and ignoring large real-world problems.

And God, don't get me started on this stupid film rating. Movies and film are an art form. Whether it's a good film or not, is to the viewer's tastes. You may not like Pablo Picasso's work, but you may like Georges Braque. Just because a painting was done by Charles Rennie Mackintosh and not Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh doesn't mean it should be shunned. But art by Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh shouldn't be given a special rating because, at the end of the day, it is art. All art falls under the same category.

Art weeb rant over.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only watch movies directed by people with freckles. Hope they make a freckle rating next.

I want a moustache rating too. This is excluding people with moustaches, where's the equality????????

- - - Post Merge - - -

if that's the case, then they would also need to offer a title rating for the rest of them

also....ratings are for age restrictions, so therefore, having a type of rating like this makes absolutely no sense...

ya, even if it's just imdb it's still a bit weird. They don't have anything like that on the site anyway, so it should just stay that way. Ratings should stay as what age group the movie is appropriate for, not who directed it or who stars in it.

Buzzfeed must be loving this.

Third wave feminism/ mordern feminism is why the rating exists. =\

Art weeb rant over.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I want a moustache rating too. This is excluding people with moustaches, where's the equality????????

- - - Post Merge - - -

ya, even if it's just imdb it's still a bit weird. They don't have anything like that on the site anyway, so it should just stay that way. Ratings should stay as what age group the movie is appropriate for, not who directed it or who stars in it.

Buzzfeed must be loving this.

Third wave feminism/ mordern feminism is why the rating exists. =\

Both of you are absolutely gorgeous right now XD

I completely rejected third wave feminism after thst ideology essentially told my best friend, who is male, that his sexual abuse was invalid because of his sex and gender (heavy for the forum, i know, but it needed to be said)

I also gave up on buzzfeed when i saw a video where some of the girls were acting like old ladies, and one of them said something along the lines of "i feel like this is senior citizen cultural appropriation"

SENIOR

CITIZEN

CULTURAL

APPROPRIATION

(nevermind)

Last edited:
Both of you are absolutely gorgeous right now XD

I completely rejected third wave feminism after thst ideology essentially told my best friend, who is male, that his sexual abuse was invalid because of his sex and gender (heavy for the forum, i know, but it needed to be said)

I also gave up on buzzfeed when i saw a video where some of the girls were acting like old ladies, and one of them said something along the lines of "i feel like this is senior citizen cultural appropriation"

SENIOR

CITIZEN

CULTURAL

APPROPRIATION

ya, senior citizen culture appropriation is a hella big thing rn, such a huge important topic :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I remember that video of the Australian chick sitting with her ****ing legs up across three seats and she was REFUSING people to sit... like that's not manspreading, that's being a selfish cow ?????? at least if a man was manspreading they'd close their legs to let someone who needs a seat to sit down :confused:

ya, senior citizen culture appropriation is a hella big thing rn, such a huge important topic :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I remember that video of the Australian chick sitting with her ****ing legs up across three seats and she was REFUSING people to sit... like that's not manspreading, that's being a selfish cow ?????? at least if a man was manspreading they'd close their legs to let someone who needs a seat to sit down :confused:

ughhhhhhh i HATE terms that use man- as a prefix (manspreading, mansplaining, etc)

my personal feminist views is that if a statement you're directing towards a man would sound sexist if you were saying it to a female....then it's sexist. (same goes for my views on racism/homophobia)

what video was this? now i'm curious

ughhhhhhh i HATE terms that use man- as a prefix (manspreading, mansplaining, etc)

my personal feminist views is that if a statement you're directing towards a man would sound sexist if you were saying it to a female....then it's sexist. (same goes for my views on racism/homophobia)

what video was this? now i'm curious

I think it was 'Women try Manspreading for a week' or something. It was controversial and it was one of the first Buzzfeed videos that made people realise that they're full of ****.

Back