• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tropical Town

MelbaBear

marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I really want my town to have a mainly tropical theme, but I can't think of anything I could add to make it seem more tropical. I'm also not sure about whether I should include certain PWPs, like the windmill for example. I really, really want it, but I'm just not sure it would fit with the theme :(
What do you guys think? I have a lot of hibiscus bushes, my paths are wooden with hibiscus' around the edges, and I have lots of tropical fruit trees. But it still doesn't really scream 'tropical'. :(

I would get some bamboo, it has more of a tropical feel in my opinion, just make sure you get them under control by blocking them in with flowers and stuff or else they can take over everything!

I would get some bamboo, it has more of a tropical feel in my opinion, just make sure you get them under control by blocking them in with flowers and stuff or else they can take over everything!

Oh of course! I can't believe I didn't think about bamboo, that's a great idea. Thank you :D

No problem! =] I forget about it a lot when planning towns since you don't get it for so long. But I love it and think it can look so nice!

Tiki torches PWP and houses that look like huts with the grass roof.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and a lot of lemon and orange trees.

Other PWP's that would fit nicely:
Hammock
Hot Spring
Moai Statue

I like the windmill and you could definitely make it work too, especially because of the green roof.

This is the exact theme I'm going for in my 2nd town. Since I don't hack, my towns landscaping includes regular trees, cedar trees in the north, durian trees (my favourite fruit :3), bamboo, and hibiscus bush starts. I wish I could plant palm trees though :'D

Fruit trees: Use fruits only found on the islands
Bushes: Yellow and Red Hibiscus Starts
Saplings: Regular saplings, I wouldn't suggest using cedar saplings
Pathways: Find a simple cobble stone QR code or maybe a dirt pathway
House Ideas: Beach merchandise hut, Museum of bugs/fish/deep-sea creatures, Lobster shack, and a hotel

I said definitely have an orchard some where in your town
also like golden tools wrapped up for vistors or people visiting your DA and treating them like tourists

Other PWP's that would fit nicely:
Hammock
Hot Spring
Moai Statue

I like the windmill and you could definitely make it work too, especially because of the green roof.

Omg, the Moai statue would be so perfect. I can't believe I forgot about that, aswell! Argh, I'm going to spend all day trying to get that requested now XD Thank you so much for the ideas!

Dont forget Mango, coconut & banana trees! :>

I'm not sure the windmill would fit in either. Maybe you could have it back near the train tracks somwhere if you really wanted it.
Other pwps I would suggest are.. the torches (as mentioned by Nooblord), the hammock, outdoor chair, log bench (near the cliff), suspension bridge, flower arch, fire pit (near cliff by beach), trellis, hot spring, moai statue, stone tablet and light house. You could even do 2 moais if you wanted. Lol

Tiki torches PWP and houses that look like huts with the grass roof.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and a lot of lemon and orange trees.

Ooh, great idea for the house exteriors. I've been stumped on what to do with my alts houses! And i've just gotten a great idea for a little area with the moai statue and the tiki torches! Thank you :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is the exact theme I'm going for in my 2nd town. Since I don't hack, my towns landscaping includes regular trees, cedar trees in the north, durian trees (my favourite fruit :3), bamboo, and hibiscus bush starts. I wish I could plant palm trees though :'D

Oh I know, right? :( I don't hack either, but I wish I could plant palm trees so bad :( I like the idea of having an area for the cedar trees, since although they aren't very tropical I really want some in my town! Thank you :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fruit trees: Use fruits only found on the islands
Bushes: Yellow and Red Hibiscus Starts
Saplings: Regular saplings, I wouldn't suggest using cedar saplings
Pathways: Find a simple cobble stone QR code or maybe a dirt pathway
House Ideas: Beach merchandise hut, Museum of bugs/fish/deep-sea creatures, Lobster shack, and a hotel

I said definitely have an orchard some where in your town
also like golden tools wrapped up for vistors or people visiting your DA and treating them like tourists

Wow, those are awesome ideas, especially the house ideas! I'm going to get started on that right away. Thank you so much :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dont forget Mango, coconut & banana trees! :>

I'm not sure the windmill would fit in either. Maybe you could have it back near the train tracks somwhere if you really wanted it.
Other pwps I would suggest are.. the torches (as mentioned by Nooblord), the hammock, outdoor chair, log bench (near the cliff), suspension bridge, flower arch, fire pit (near cliff by beach), trellis, hot spring, moai statue, stone tablet and light house. You could even do 2 moais if you wanted. Lol

I'm currently going crazy with the mango trees, haha XD and I'm covering my beach with banana and coconuts trees! I so wish I could plant them in the town :( I like the idea of having the windmill near the train tracks, since although it's not super tropical, as KaydeeKrunk mentioned, it does have a green roof which kind of fits. And I'm definitely going to have 2 maois! :p Thank you :D

If you want to have themed villagers too, I suggest June, O'Hare, and Keaton. Maybe Tangy too!

The totem pole can work if you are going for a "wild" tropics feel.
--
A more tame tropic feel can have a park and have everything look like a beach town.

Last edited:
The totem pole can work if you are going for a "wild" tropics feel.
--
A more tame tropic feel can have a park and have everything look like a beach town.

I like the idea of having the totem pole for a 'wild' feel! Thank you :D

Back