Something you thought you would never do.

This thread is amazing. Hearing everyone's accomplishments as well as being able to work through your hardships is really really strong.

I never thought I would study abroad. I have always wanted to do it, but my mom would tell me "no, it's too expensive." However, here I am, leaving in August for an entire year. Idk I'm just so amazed and excited that one of my dreams is coming true.

I never thought I would learn to love my body, but now I know how freaking awesome it is. 10/10 would bang.

I never thought I would ever wear skinny jeans or short shorts.
I never thought I would ever watch anime.
I never thought I would ever go to parties.
I never thought I would ever drink (responsibly, of course)
I never thought I would turn out to actually be bisexual.
I never thought I would still adore The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and still continue to read and write fanfiction for it.
I never thought I would ever get honours in college.
I never thought I would ever get a placement for college.

oh man i can relate. growing up i though anime was for weebs, but now it's like my favourite thing. mainly because i have no friends but ?\_(ツ)_/? what can ya do.

also I grew up in a partially homophobic household. my family always found gay/lesbian relationships gross, then when when i confronted them about it they'd say "we aren't homophobic, we just don't think that should be on the telly" so i grew up thinking that being gay was wrong and gross. but when i finally ventured off (on the internet) and realised i don't actually need to think what my parents think and all people are actually equal, once i was like 14 i realised i was bisexual and i was lik ?\_(ツ)_/? im doomed what can ya do.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING RELIGIOUSLY BUT I PLAY IT EVERYDAY WITHOUT FAIL.

i never thought i'd get in a relationship actually. to my surprise it's been three, two guys and one girl.
it's easier than i thought for me personally

There was a part of me that thought I might never come out of the closet, but I did that.

I also cut out toxic people from my life who I was afraid would always have some level of control over me for the rest of my life. They don't anymore.

actually get along super well with my parents. my mum and i are best friends, and my dad always talks about going out to dinner or just having conversations. it's super sweet to be perfectly honest<3

I never thought I'd skydive. I'm not such a big fan of heights, so leaving a perfectly good plane, mid-air? Not something I thought to try, but I did. It was a tandem jump from 12,000 feet, and I only went once, but it was an incredible experience.

I also never thought I'd own my own house. Where I live, things are fairly expensive. But I do and it's better than half-way paid off. I'll be mortgage-free before I retire from my job.

Move away from my hometown, and become a city girl. Disclaimer, it's happening Friday night!

Pursue a higher education, as in going to college. Never thought I'd end up going for my Masters as well.

never thought i'd find someone who loved me, now i'm engaged :3

never thought i'd live in a different country but it's happening in a couple of months :D

I thought I'd never drink alcohol, always seen it as poison, especially since my dad used to be an alcoholic.
But although I still see it as a bad thing as long as you can control it it's pretty nice to let it take you into the moment, since I'm usually always stuck in my thoughts, so it makes it easier to let go, and just enjoy myself.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never thought I'd skydive. I'm not such a big fan of heights, so leaving a perfectly good plane, mid-air? Not something I thought to try, but I did. It was a tandem jump from 12,000 feet, and I only went once, but it was an incredible experience.

I also never thought I'd own my own house. Where I live, things are fairly expensive. But I do and it's better than half-way paid off. I'll be mortgage-free before I retire from my job.

I'm jealous, I haven't gone skydiving yet, but it's definitely near the top of my bucket list, I've always loved heights.

I'm jealous, I haven't gone skydiving yet, but it's definitely near the top of my bucket list, I've always loved heights.

Actually, the height didn't bother me until just before we landed. I think we were even with the roof of the hanger (small airstrip, so only two stories high). At that point, I couldn't get on the ground fast enough.

Back