• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Something you thought you would never do.

Soda Fox

love like you
Bells
Tasty Cake
Yellow Lily
This is a kids' forum so let's keep it PG.

I never thought I would leave my hometown. At school I would hear all the time how everyone wanted to travel, and never considered it for myself, but I've moved half way across the country.

I've also smoked cigars and cigarettes. I always told myself I would never even try since they're so addictive, but I did. Lucky for me they are not something I enjoy so the habit didn't stick.

I also got married. I was a total tomboy growing up and had boys as friends but never wanted a boyfriend. I thought it was too much drama and too "girly". I'm happily married for 3 years come April (total relationship ~6 years)

Has anyone else done something they didn't think they would ever do?

Smoking for me too! Although it wasn't cigs lol.
I also never thought I would ever drive or drive well but now I have my full license. It's pretty cool!

I thought I would never get muscles. Seemed hopeless a few years ago so I never really tried until I was 19. I have a 8.7 percent body fat now!

I never thought I would get this many posts. I thought I'd be this one person who only posts when I want something from AC:NL. I need to start posting some more.

I never thought I would be able to climb to the top of an ancient Mayan pyramid in Mexico, but I did! :3

I never thought I'd start using a vape. I smoked for years but I have really bad asthma and the past month or so it's really starting to affect me so I switched to using a cheap vape pen instead. I've noticed a big difference so I'll probably keep using it.

Like you I've never really seen myself getting married, I'm stubborn and I've always been super independent but I've been engaged for a few months now :)

I never thought I'd like rap music... but I ending up liking it. I listen to Eminem mostly but sometimes I put on other artists.

Mines pretty minor, but I never thought I'd actually dye my hair. I've always dreamed of dying it something in the violet range, and I've now dyed it burgundy as of yesterday :3

Mines pretty minor, but I never thought I'd actually dye my hair. I've always dreamed of dying it something in the violet range, and I've now dyed it burgundy as of yesterday :3

That actually sounds really pretty! :)

As for me, I never thought someone would like me enough to wind up falling in love with me and here I am engaged for the past year or so. Crazy, huh? lol.

Not sure if it counts cause it hasn't happened yet. But I never thought I would want kids when I was younger, but now I do, me and my boyfriend have been trying and I'm looking forward to being a mom(to more than just my snake)

I never thought I'd live to 13. I thought I would kill myself by the time I turned 13. I turn 16 in October.

I never thought I'd live to 13. I thought I would kill myself by the time I turned 13. I turn 16 in October.

Same, once I became depressed I started giving myself deadlines. Like, "I'll never make it to 16" "I'll never make it to 20" etc etc, and thus I didn't really... plan to be alive? So I didn't go to college or anything, did sub-par in school, I figured, I'm not going to make it to adulthood, I don't need to worry about that stuff... I'm turning 24 in July.

Same, once I became depressed I started giving myself deadlines. Like, "I'll never make it to 16" "I'll never make it to 20" etc etc, and thus I didn't really... plan to be alive? So I didn't go to college or anything, did sub-par in school, I figured, I'm not going to make it to adulthood, I don't need to worry about that stuff... I'm turning 24 in July.

Actually yeah, I'm in the same boat. I never thought I'd live past high school or the age of 18. I went through some pretty bad phases of depression during high school, and I always thought to myself I could never be responsible enough to live outside of high school. I'm 19 now and in my second year of university, although my grades aren't fabulous I think I've got plenty to be proud of that I've overcome.

never thought i would switch schools (it was my choice but wtf) and never thought i would care about fashion but now I do

Smoking for me too! Although it wasn't cigs lol.
I also never thought I would ever drive or drive well but now I have my full license. It's pretty cool!

When I was a younger I'd make fun of my cousin for smoking and I remember he told me something like "I used to ask my mom why she'd smoke but as you grow older you change," and long story short I am now a smoker.

Same here, I told my fiance, I don't plan to last much longer. He didn't like that much (wonder why? :p) and here I am, 24 too. 25 in May. Just keep on truckin', I suppose. But for what's it worth, glad we made it :)

Too many to quote but I've been in the same boat. I always told myself 28 was when I would go out in a blaze of glory (old enough to have lived an interesting life so I thought, young enough to leave a pretty corpse). I'm turning 27 this year. I don't think I'm going to follow through. I'll let you all know in two years when I've made it past that cut off.

Last edited:
Back