• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Something you thought you would never do.

Get my driver's license, smoke cigarettes, win an award in something in my career field, be completely independent from my family 2 years after school, shave my head, start my own business... in that order lol. Some other stuff in between that's not appropriate to mention :'D. Mostly positive minus the smoking part. I'm proud of a lot of the things I've accomplished in my "work life" but I still have a lot of things to work on in terms of "myself" lmao.

I was really surprised I passed my driver's test though 'cause I get claustrophobic in cars and a little anxious on the road. I ride motorcycles more often though which I'm fine with.

Last edited:
I legit teared up a bit for all of you that have made it here! You all are awesome and should be proud for making it this far! ^_^ <3

I never thought I'd get dumped by my e-(Shoots self) HAHA THAT JOKE'S STILL FUNNY!!!

No but seriously. I haven't really thought of anything, honestly. There's a bunch of things I think/know will never happen to me, but nothing really I did that can be considered something that I thought I'd never do. Oh well, It's fun reading these. :p

Last edited:
I didn't think i'd 'date' at such a young age, but we didn't do anything (i was like 10-11 lmao)

Ignore egotistical, harsh teenage girls.

i never thought id be alive 2day #edgy and w/e But Yeah
when i was 12 i was sure id kill myself b4 i turned 13 and then it has been the same every year. i never thought i would start gymnasium (swedish high school Kinda ..??)
i still dont rly think i'll be around for much longer but my birthday is in april so i guess it is kinda likely that i will turn 17. but idk i really cant see myself living in ... like a few months

Certainly never throught I'd smoke, even though I only do it occasionally. Never thought I'd become friends with certain people I've known for a while because I didn't think we'd have much in common. OH, and I never thought I'd get to the stage in my life where I'm able to talk to strangers without using a close friend as a social crutch of sorts. I used to be infamous for being unable to meet new people without having a friend with me to do most of the talking, but these days I can handle it just fine! Definitely proud of myself for that :)

actually attempting to commit suicide twice and failing to do so, fortunately. nowadays I'm more positive about how I view life and working on making things better by changing my lifestyle and stuff, it's great! :)

Honestly, I wouldn't expect myself to be doing self-injections for my medications because I hated needles as a kid. I still don't like needles, I can tolerate it now though after nearly two years dealing with it.

i never thought that i would become furry garbage

and yet...here i am.

As a devout 10-year-old Christian, I never dreamed I'd ever lose my faith. As a 26-year-old atheist, I'm laughing.

I also never thought I'd fall for my best friend, but that happened too. It didn't work out in the end, but the moment we realized we both secretly loved each other was magical.

Last edited:
honestly this is such a great thread, i'm so proud of everyone for their achievements and overcoming any difficulties they've faced (or still are facing) !!
im 15 so i havent really dipped my toes into the ocean of life yet but i think i'm on my way to becoming a more confident and ambitious person, which is a change i never thought i had the courage or mentality to make. i've still got a while to go and it's something i'm only just starting to do for myself but i know that once i make it i know i'll be better and it'll allow me to accomplish what i want to do later on in life or even in the near future.

Last edited:
i never thought id end up working out but i go to the gym when nobody is there and its just really relaxing and peaceful to be able to do stuff without pressure. i also never thought i'd like painting! i never got used to paints so i was always scared to use them, but i'm trying them now and its wonderful and i think i actually like it more than cel shading! makes me wanna try it irl but art supplies is expensive

I never thought I'd mix honey mustard with barbeque sauce to eat fish sticks. n.n

I never thought I would ever wear skinny jeans or short shorts.
I never thought I would ever watch anime.
I never thought I would ever go to parties.
I never thought I would ever drink (responsibly, of course)
I never thought I would turn out to actually be bisexual.
I never thought I would still adore The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and still continue to read and write fanfiction for it.
I never thought I would ever get honours in college.
I never thought I would ever get a placement for college.

I definitely never thought I'd still be in school at 25! Growing up I always imagined that I'd get married and have kids really young, but I ended up much more career-oriented. Now I feel like getting a cat is too much commitment at my age.

I haven't done much in life because of my mental illness and fear of trying new things, but I guess I never thought I'd actually keep going at school!

Ooh, another one I just thought of: I never thought I'd come out as bisexual.

Last edited:
Back